Flab

Comments

• WiB wrote (see)

The sign on the door is Accident and Emergency. Not Accident, Emergency and fat bastards.

My accident just took a long time and involved a lot of cake, what can I say?

• gingerfurball wrote (see)

I think he's in a very low paying job DF3...I think some people see it as a unsurmountable amount of money to put aside...image

It's interesting that these people find the money for the binge eating and drinking to get themselves to this size but cannot find it for the cures

• Ok, so what about all the people who are 'flown in' to the UK for treatment (for example the guy with the SARS like virus who eventually died anyway) - is this right or wrong?  In my book, it's wrong.  If you haven't paid into the NHS with your taxes, then it's totally wrong.  And what about the other unsuspecting passengers on the plane - not really fair on them!! 

Accidents, be they 'self inflicted' or not, should be treated.

Excess skin, whilst not pleasant for the person in question is not life threatening, so I kind of agree with Mr Falconer on this occasion.  I also agree that breast implants shouldn't be done on the NHS, unless it is a reconstruction following cancer surgery.

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    gingerfurball wrote (see)

I think he's in a very low paying job DF3...I think some people see it as a unsurmountable amount of money to put aside...image

He had enough money to eat crap and get fat

It's actually very cheap to eat crap and get fat. Look at all the poor fat people. I spend a small fortune on fruit and vegetables every week and I'm sure I could get a vast quantity of cheap meat, irn bru and biscuits for the same amount of cash.

• Just had a superb bowl of leek & potato soup with a couple of slices of home made bread, cheaper than chips
  • Rob Walker 12 wrote (see)
    WiB wrote (see)

The sign on the door is Accident and Emergency. Not Accident, Emergency and fat bastards.

My accident just took a long time and involved a lot of cake, what can I say?

I'm going to quote this in an email to my sister the cardiologist, if that's ok. She'll love it!!

• You cannae beat leek and potato soup. I just had a bowl of bulghur wheat and veg. Less than a quid! 

• 10p for a slice of bread ? You've been done
  • Depends how big the slice is surely?

• It's very special water. Filtered through the running tights of virgins....ewww hang on a minute.

• Here's a slightly different slant, let's see if we can get any empathy on this hypothetical case;

What about someone who has been hugely overweight since they were quite young - say from about 6 or 7 - fed up by their family who also failed to instil any notion of regular physical activity. This individual balloons to a huge weight by the time they leave home and make their own way in the world, when they get a reality check and decide to lose the weight. Is it genuinely this persons fault that they were very fat, and is it their fault, therefore, that they're left with a big sack of spare skin to carry around?

Also, how do you prevent this happening to children?

• Rob Walker 12 wrote (see)

Also, how do you prevent this happening to children?

Stop them sitting indoors all day playing computer games

Stop feeding them junk food

Weigh them every week at school and if they are "over weight" make them run round and round the school field until they are back at the correct weight

More than 5 % over weight, Public flogging of the parents

• And how about in the real world? You really don't want to task government agencies with stopping children playing computer games, it's going to be cheaper and easier to just perform free abdominoplasties.......

• Real world ?    You mean there is something outside this grey plastic box ????

• The Real World!!

This is the place where you take responsibility for your actions and where your actions have consequences. What you seem to be talking about is a place where you can do as you please then someone comes along with a magic wand or open cheque book to put right what you were directly responsible for.

• @EKGO I'm making no case for free abdominoplasties as a matter of course for everyone. If I was I'd be complaining about not getting one myself!

When you say responsibility for your actions - are you saying that a child is directly responsible for their diet and exercise regime where this is less than ideal? Isn't that the parents' responsibility, while the consequences fall entirely on the child?

• I've been such a leech of NHS funds.  I've had my broken leg treated (playing football) and had IVF image

• Actually we did pay privately for the first attempt.  It failed.  We were just starting tests for the 2nd attempt on the NHS when I got preggers naturally.  And for information we've always said his middle name is Kitchen as that's what our savings were that we raided for the IVF!

Thanks for caring though!

• i'm assuming those that are vitriolic on this issue would also remove HIV treatment for those who contract the disease by use of needles, alcoholics etc?

what about people who are injured doing extreme sports? it is their own fault, right?

if i crash my bike tomorrow and I'm not wearing a helmet, no dice?

for the record, I don't think I should get skin removal surgery on the NHS.

• Actually DF3 that really is quite harsh and upsetting.  You really are a prize dick!

• no offence mate, I don't really read yours at all. love x

• oh you are so CUTE!! image

thanks, I will do. I was looking for a response from someone else.