Monday March 18th

DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Good morning all, 
Blisters - watch out, running can be addictive!

lyric - now I've got grass stains on my brand new white trainers

well to be honest its more like thick mud after wading through the finish area yesterday.

what - 4 easy miles
why - legs tired, wooden hips etc, 
last rest - friday
last hard - yesterday

have a super day

Comments

• Mornng Dustin

What: easy run.

Why: Bit stiff legegd.

Okay need to catch up.

Lyrics:I'm  not sure.

• Morning.

Mine too Dustin. Legs and trainers!

Paddy - that's one of the few tri books I haven't read - will add it to my wish list. You're swimming 4k training for an Oly?!? I've had a virus which has laid me low for a couple of weeks but hopefully on the mend now. I was the same with VLM - last year was my first time and I couldn't wait to go back - though I do prefer training for an autumn marathon. Hopefully like me you'll be surprised how strong the tri training makes you - I couldn't have sustained the amount of running I'm doing currently before it.

birkmyre - why the stiff legs - did I miss something?

Blisters - that's a lot of driving in a weekend, no wonder training took a back seat.

My quads are mashed but my cough and peak flow are no worse than before which is good.

What:           probably nothing
    Why:            trying to be sensible
    Last hard:     being sensible
    Last rest:      16/3

Lyrics - feel I should but 'no'.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH - the idea of the current long swims is to boost the aerobic training lost by the reduced running. As the running increases i will reduce the max swim length. I'm doing a weekly 1500m time trial in the pool too which is showing progress.

Blisters - the swimming will click!

Today is a bonus cycle day as its a bank holiday - 1 to 2 hours. It's also Mrs Paddy's birthday so I'll have to take whatever scraps of time are thrown my way.

Calf a bit stiff after yesterday's marathon 3.5 mile run. Off to see pain man tomorrow so hopefully that'll help. 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morningall

well thats another birthday bitten the dust!

what: track session tonight

whyimagechedule

last hard: saturdays 20

last easy friday

have  a good monday all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse!!! I hope yesterdays lyrics were for me... used to play that song on both my two's birthdays when they were little (and big actually)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

it was oh bless ya alehouse!

Thanks for teh messages

paddy what a good day to pop in!

dustin I was probably a bit merry when you posted, pink bubbly stuff and tons of choc consumed! Finshed the day with a curry.  Lovely birthday, just missing some family peeps but we did skype.

lmh, wow what a 20 miler considering how you have been! Amazing, happy for you.

got to crack on and do tai chi then start work, so ta ta

• LMH/ DD (or anyone else) - what's your opinion on an on-going debate being had between myself and a few others:

Do wetsuits speed you up or slow you down?.

• Glad you had a good day Wabo.

Nearly forgot - I'm at the smt this evening, that could be painful.

Paddy - depends on your weakness as a swimmer I think. I tend to swim the same times OW in a wetsuit as I do in the pool but for people with poor body position (dragging legs especially) they seem to give an advantage, as long as you have the right suit i.e. buoyancy in the places you need it, unrestricted movement etc.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

What: stretching
    Why: I hurt quite a lot from yesterday!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

LMH glad your cough wasn't made worse by yesterday's run.  With you on the mashed quads!

Have a good one all.

• What: quiet day
    Why: planned, on call (and sore elbow)
    Lst hard: Thursday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no

I hate swimming in wetsuit (but because it's usually unplanned and not a wetsuit designed for swimming)

Wind looking like picking up again for Friday night's crossingimage

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hi guys! I am back from hols.

Lucked it with the weather - a weak of nothing but sunshine but it was bitterly cold. Managed to run almost every day, apart from the 2 travel days and even did a 10 and a 15 miler whilst away. The plan was to use the holiday as a mid-training taper to blast a fast 10k yesterday. Little did I know how the weather had turned back home! The race was canceled due to heavy snowfall and icy conditions. So, no 10k PB I'm afraid. Will have to wait for another opportunity image.

No time to read back much but I enjoyed seeing Paddy drop in yesterday.

LMH: well done at the Ashby 20. Hope it gave you some confidence back. Agree with you on the soft Garmin strap. It's not designed for the female anatomy (sorry boys). I had mine exchanged for the old school strap which works just fine and doesn't chafe one bit.

Dustin: nice HM at Fleet. I'd take that time, thank you very muchimage

7d: 1000m of ascent! Jeepers image!

Tine: well done on the stair training! My god, but training in a multi storey car park must be soul destroying. That one is pretty fancy though.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Oh, and belated Happy Birthday wabo image

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭

Chick: I am lucky that a lady from knitting group has taken up the challenge to join me (at her own speed), so we feel more like showing up. The one time she couldn't make it, I popped a podcast in my ears, something totally unrelated about Confucius, which was a good reminder of how not to do lectures/papers, so two birds killed with one stone image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Just back from a relatively uneventful trip to my mother's! Not read back through yesterday's posts yet and will be looking at how 7D's fell exploits went in particular!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Happy Birthday", Stevie Wonder (and Happy Unbirthday, Wabo!).

No idea about today's lyrics.

Won't speak too soon, but legs feel quite good...so am going to rest. Actually it is because of the long drive: legs don't seem to respond well these days.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Evening!  Ooof, some really heavy snow coming down now - got caught in it after work in my 6 mile run - very windy - against on the way out, behind on the way home - hence was out in 23:20 and then home in less than 21 mins.  Did some strides on the way home too, lovely stuff! image

Lyrics - nope!

• Evening

LMH: No the stiff legs were simply the way I was lying last night when watching MOTD2 and fell asleep after the intro !

donaldo: Think you've to get more snow overnight !

• Alehouse - sounds like a good plan to give your legs a bit of a rest especially if they are starting to feel better.

Little Miss Happy - wow - amazing what one can pull out of the bag! You were so low. That should give you a boost.

Wabo - sounds like you had a great birthday and a great long run.

Paddy - nice to see you back, but see you've crossed over - good luck with it.

Blisters - looks like you've seen the light and are coming back to usimage

donaldo - good to get a hurry up and get some good speed work in too.

chickadee - sounds like you had a great holiday but missed your race - will you do a 10km time trial?

Dustin - you had a good race on the weekend too!

What: 6km Cornwall Park easy - ran 32km Sunday so will have done one 20 miler before my marathon! 

I'm going to Melbourne on Sunday for a week and don't expect to do too much running there, but probably quite a bit of walking.

• SO far I've tested the wesuit out in the pool once. I went visibly faster, probably knocking 10% or more of my swim time for any distance. There were some interesting effects:
    -I had to exaggerate the breathing because I was now much more face down.
    -Hving just had a demonstration that the wettie lifted the legs up, and what it meant, I have since been concentrating on trying to lift them up more. That simple thought process has seen my mile (64L) marker come down like a stone. I was doing 46 minutes week after week. On Tuesday, sans wettie, I clocked the 64L in a pb time of 41:41 on the way to a 152L distance pb.
    -Here's another thought for you Paddy. Do you find that a pull buoy makes you faster? I do.

ANyway. Toinight. just 70min on the bike. Time to watch some scuba DVDs again.