Saturday 23 March 2013

Your knuckles whiten at the wheel

Mornin all. 2k swim and attempt at a 5 mile run later with gym work too.

Hope all ok today. Its stopped raining!!

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were It's Beginning To Get To Me by Snow Patrol.

No rain here Paddy - we've woken to 2 - 3" of settled snow with more of it coming down as I type and forecast for the next 24 hours or so. Not looking good for my LSR this weekend but I do have the time on Monday morning or Tuesday afternoon if necessary. Hope the run goes well.

Sounds fantastic Blister's - don't worry about the wettie - you won't need it in those temperatures and especially not a 5mm one!

Hope OH's boat sailed.

What:           just a swim
    Why:            weather/easier day
    Last hard:     looking out the window and at the weather forecast
    Last rest:      18/3

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: waiting on a wind swept quay, expecting a bumpy ride before a long drive image

Why: Aberdeen boat didn't sail last night

No exercise today but suspect I'll be glad to see a bed tonight!
  • Morning

What 11
    Why day off
    Lyrics no

Not raining here either Paddy but we do have snow.

Managed to get put before things got too bad and used the bus and cycle lanes. Not sure about tomorrow yet depends on road conditions.

• Glad you're back to it postie.

Safe journey OH.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all, 
    well schools xc in Essex cancelled, so took youngest swim training instead. 16.5 miles done on the lanes. Snowing when i started, too wet to settle, Snowing sideways when I finished, started to whiten the fields on the way back to town. 
    Feet still like ice.
    why - trust me I was asking myself that for over 2 hours this morning
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - this morning

lyric - dont think so

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: nothing
    Why: It's taper time (and it's too bl**dy cold)
    Lyrics: nope

Blisters where are you off too?
    OH hope the journey is ok.

Have a good one all.

• Paddy, it may have stopped raining, but it has started snowing. I now report from the saddle of the bike on the turbo. This is the tyail end of a 3 houtr session

Red Sea, Sharm el Sheikh. the advice from the local dive shop was that they woulfd go for a 5mm wettie. its not like its hard work scuba.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

drizzle and sleet here

18.43m done (with Andover parkrun in the middle for a cheeky 5th and 22:31) in 2:30:01, one more big long run to do now before VLM

All seems to be going well

Take care

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

2nd rest day in a row - just trying to get rid of this cold before going for a 20 miler in the morning.  Feeling okay apart from leaking profusely at the nose and eyes!!  Should be find.  Nice running there, RFJ.

Lyrics - I'm on a roll of no!

• Didn't realise it was a diving wetsuit Blisters - of course it will get colder as you get deeper too. Are you planning on diving with the sharks? My friend Jacko used to love that.

It hasn't stopped snowing all day here. 3k swum though.

• Dry Today. Flood waters abating. Looks like tomorrow's cycle will be cold and breezy. Not a sign of snow thank God.

5 mile run went ok. I'm afraid to say out loud what I'm thinking - so i'll type it - It seems like the calf has grown up and left the building!

Blisters - enjoy the diving. How about a 2 miler in the Red Sea with the 5mm suit on?

I hope OH doesnt need a wet suit to do the crossing!

Nice swimming LMH.

Just think - In a week or two the sun will be shining and temps will be in the high teens - - because I said so!!

• Bound to be warm on the 21st April Paddy image Good news on the small cow.

• Not sure about diving with sharks, at this stage I prefer seeing things that don't have many teeth. I just love those cute and pretty little reef fishes that dart in and out of the sea anemones. Things that give me cause for concern are generally long and pointed with aggressive dentistry, eg barracuda, moray eels, and of course sharks.

I'd quite like to see what the bottom of UK fishing lakes look like, and go just off shore to find crabs and lobster. I've been told that lobster are a bit of a challenge and don't take kindly to attempts at being collected.

Meanwhile, there has been some discussion about what is being packed....

• I guess you could always hire a wetsuit Blisters?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Little to report, apart from no snow, but bitterly cold.

Legs felt a little battered after Qof P yesterday, so the only training was pushing the trolley around a supermarket.

Hope you enjoyed your long run in the woods, Wabo!

Nice work, RFJ. Nearly cotton wool time.

Lyrics: same as Don!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Congratulations to all those who have been enjoying nature's wonderful presentation of white cross country. I would also add a major slap on the back, and offer a warm bath to anyone who has demonstrated vim, valour and vigour by going out in nearly freezing rain. Cojones grandes.

FFS, I don't need to have the same argument with you LMH.

• 425 miles done today everyone of which assisted by dieselimage

Waved to donaldo as we passed through
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I would have waved back had I known!!! image