Friday 5th April 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - My friend the communist

Talented children Paddy. I swim more or less the same times in the pool as in OW so you could be fine.

Glad you're on the mend Blisters.

Beautiful colours in that picture donaldo.

What:             LSR
Why:              away for the weekend
Last hard:       keeping perspective (thanks SC)
Last rest:        31/3

Yesterday's lyrics were Picture by Kid Rock.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

happy friday
    don - lovely pic
    blisters - hope the deafness subsides
    paddy - nice skills in the water
    all - thanks for comments re scatica. Managing it now with loads of stretching and sitting on balls. Seems to be helping as yesterday was pain free: did the club handicap, 5miles at a reasonable clip, with another 3 1/2 combined w/u & c/d. bit stiff today so:
    what - 3 easy
    why - caution
    last rest - thursday
    last hard - last night I guess
    lyric - nope

have a great day

• What: probably nothing
    Why: working until 6 and still on call after that
    Last hard: march
    Last rest: last week
    Lyrics: nope

Lovely photo donaldo

Healing vibes to all those who are not as fit as they would like to be.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: hoping to get a run in later.  Have already had a walk on the beach.
    Why: hard to find safe running opportunities round here.
    Lyrics: nope

LMH I do have my wrist support out here as I was being cautious.  Wore it yesterday and wrist is feeling much better today image
    Blisters hope you feel better soon.
    Dustin glad the sciatica is easing.  Have you tried the pigeon pose?  Helped mine a lot.

Have a good one all.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning all! What a great night it was last night for photos - I took 54 of the sunset (!!) and then Mrs donaldo helped me get them down to about 10.  The one I posted was her favourite.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, running!  After yesterdays poor effort, decided to get out reasonably early today and wasnt sure what to do, just thought I'd run how I felt.  After the first mile, did 2 miles at marathon pace, (14:08) - not sure if this actually will be marathon pace or not, still working on that one.  Will probably decide on the morning of the marathon. Then 2 miles easy, followed by 1 mile at pace in 6:07, which felt reasonably comfortable.  Last two miles in about 14:25, giving 8 miles in a shade over 59 mins.  Calves tight throughout but otherwise feeling good.

emzap - why not safe?

Lyrics - as is the usual for this week, nah!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Bonjour!

At the airport awaiting flight back to UK.

What: norhing

Why: rest day. Must run tomorrow

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Donaldo Cape Town has a lot of crime!  Can't just go running by myself round here.   It's probably ok, but better not to risk it.  Hopefully either going along the beach front on my own later whilst OH plays tennis, or the 2 of us will run along a main road which is used a lot by runners so is relatively safe. Hopefully we'll be running along this!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Sounds a bit scary right enough, I wouldnt risk it either!

• That was a brief sojourn Alehouse.

emzap - well done for being prepared with the wrist support and glad that it helped. Is your hip feeling better too?

donaldo - sounds like a confidence restoring run.

I had a solid run, not spectacular but getting closer to being back to where I was. I'll take that for now.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  •  A'noon

What:About 5M off road this morning.

Why: I enjoyed yesterdays off road run

Cold, dry, no wind. Not a bad run

Need to catch up

Lyrics:Nope

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Good to hear, LMH, your confidence has definitely taken more of a battering than mine!  Hope you're back at peak fitness soon image

• Afternoon

What 8 in the armchair
    Why taper time
    Lyrics yes

donaldo where and when is your next targeted marathon?

Have been advised to slow things down in the last few weeks except one last mp effort in Sundays long run.

• A lovely spring day here, warmth in the sun, birds singing ...image
    Als working but on for visits at least!image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Spring image ?  More like winter here (still) image. I think the birds have all died of hunger - none to be seen or heard. 'tis pretty bleak right now.

donaldo: loved the pic - awesome sunset!

how many miles on Sunday, postie? Just wondering what to do myself. Wanted MP but not sure about distance. Thought about 16 with 10 @ MP.

Blisters: hope the deafness is temporary and reversible. Sounds pretty grim. Poor you.

what: 6.2 (10k) with a bit of MP in there
    why: legs shot since Monday
    last hard: Monday
    last rest: Tuesday
    lyrics: no

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

postie - am doing Edinburgh on the 26th May.  Will probably aim for about 3:10 although part of me wants to break 3 hours again.  Probably too soon though, perhaps in 2014!

• Dustin - I told you - Dont mention thye "S" word!!!. And again I say - take care of it.

2k easy in pool, 10 mile easy spin, 4 miles easy run later.

Birks - 5 miles - be careful

• Chick 15ish with the first 10 in the armchair (easy 7:30 to 8:00) then 5 at mp (6:30). The consensus of opinion on the sub 3 thread was not to do more than this.

Donaldo what are your FM and Hm pb's out of intrest?

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

they are wimps on the sub 3 thread, postie  image   I did 12 with 10@ MP a week out last year. But maybe I would have gone quicker if I hadn't done that sesh, who knows.

Right now the prospect of 10 @ MP is rather daunting, so I will take a leaf out of your book and be sensible image

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

postie - 2 years ago I did a HM in 1:29:59.  8 years ago I did a marathon in 2:57:45, which is a pb.  I have really ran seriously since 2 summers ago and am still losing weight and starting to get properly fit.

My pb for a HM is 71:49, but that was a lifetime ago...... :P

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Lyrics....nope
    What: Not a lot
    Why:Tapering for next half on Sunday (White Horse)
    Last Hard: Wed TKD
    Last rest: Tuesday
    LMH Happy to helpimage
    Weirdly beginning to look forward to running VLM very slowly!!!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Managed just over 3 miles along the road with this as my view:

Hip is still quite sore, but better if I concentrate on my form (tend to stick my bum out due to weak core). Legs still sore from last Saturday, but feels good to get going again.  Hiking tomorrow.

Agh, my pics don't seem to have worked image  Look up the Twelve Apostles Cape Town for my view instead!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Emzap looks lovely there  glorious. Stay safe though

Alehouse not staying for the marathon

What 40 minutes run walk did 4.91 kms
    Why: building up again
    Last Hard: the lyrics
    Lyrics see last hard

3 runs this week may  manage a 4th after work on Sunday which meets my goals for April

• Lyrics, yes. That's 2 from the same album. If I stay up for 45 minutes I can set them myself and make it a record. Sorry, unintentional pun that's so cringeworthy I'll leave it.

Doctor visit: following from a bad night. I now have a double hit of antibiotics and an investment in the pharmacy. If I jump off a step I rattle. Positive news: this will be the longest I've been without drink for years. Negative news, I can't even prop up on chocolate between meals, because of the empty stomach rule. I'm not supposed to take them 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after. As a grazer, that's the biggest challenge.

PARDON?