anyone doing the Brian Robinson challenge at the weekend?

with the focus on Yorkshire last year ,this year ,and 2014 there can be no better time to get out and have a look around. With the weather predicted to be quietish with the potential for the odd shower things are already 100 times better than last year when the event was hastily cut in half after the first stop to prevent ''incidents'' . Admittedly poorly dressed ( I had no pirate gear at this point) in a shower proof jacket and cheap gloves , I have nontheless never been so cold!!! Soaked to the skin after an hour, and unable to stop spilling hot coffee on my hands at the rest point due to continuous shaking, the news that it had been cut short stopped me pulling out.    I achieved a speed of 9mph downhill on the bypass where 35 would have been expected such was the strength of the wind, later on I joined many others walking having been blown off by the vicious swirling gusts. After the rest point It happened again .image                 Shook hands with the man himslelf ( the first Briton to ride the tour) at the finish and then took half an hour to warm up in the car before being well enough to drive home. This year will be better image. I realise that this is not selling the event to many, however it was one of those rides that will stay long in the memory and whenever I experience horizontal rain with a sleety feel and winds so strong they whip your breath away I can look back and think at least I'm still ON the bike...........

unfinished business, and good training with 8 weeks to Wimbleball

Comments