Poor Quality Expo Tshirts

Hi all

I bought myself a nice asics tshirt at the Barcelona marathon this year and all the print is coming off already! If I'd bought this at a normal running shop it would be going back but because it was at an Expo (an Expo in another country at that) do I just write it off as a loss? I emailed asics customer services here to see if they can point me in the right direction but they haven't got back to me. I don't know what I expected from them, possibly just a "oh yeah, it's asics over there here's an email address..." Anyone else had similar problems?

Comments

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

put it down to experience - you're unlikley to get any resolution.  maybe it's the way it's been washed??

• Inside out with all my other running gear?! What is asics handwash only these days!? Experience yes - don't get swept away by the excitment and fork out good money for poor quality tat. I wouldn't mind if I'd wore it to death but I haven't. The husband has one and his is fine image Then again his medal looked like it had food stuck in it...

• Probably washed at too high a temperature or your mum ironed it.
  • I will let you in on a little secret. 

Asics make nice shoes, but their running clothing isn't all that!

• Well it's my first and LAST asics tshirt, my first and LAST expo tshirt! I'm not made of money! I never rated asics shoes either really.

Oh and A) my mum hasn't done my ironing for many moons and B) who the chuff irons running tops?! Will check the tempreture with the husband tho he does all that...

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

SR's mum even irons his pants.  That's one of the reasons he's still at home!

image  x

• I'd put it down as a 1 off. I dont think I've got an Asics tee shirt but plenty of others. Someones just messed up the printing on this particular one.

Maybe email the organisers - they might be able to help, but I'd not hold out much hope.
  • +1 for what Cougie said. Don't hold out too much hope but it's worth emailing the organisers if you are going to contact anyone

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

Is the print that's coming off related to the Barcelona marathon?  If it is, then this was probably applied to a bog-standard Asics t-shirt prior to the event rather than as part of the production process.  This printing is unlikely to have been done by Asics themselves.

Did you buy from the Asics stand,or was it from a shop's stand?

Just curious as there is very little printed on any of my running tops (including a couple of Asics ones) except for a little brand logo and some reflective detailing.  If any of these started peeling it wouldn't really affect the look or function of the top.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

That's the trouble with buying stuff abroad - if it's faulty it's hard to take it back!

I think you'll have to put it down to exerience.

• "who the chuff irons running tops?" mums do. Sorry Misfit I took from your avatar that you must live with your mum. Sorry.