Swim Lap Counter

I've just started swimming again (only in the pool for now mind) and I'm finding it a pain in the backside counting lengths.

I've read a few of the old forums on which people have recommended the 'Sportcount' lap counter.  Is this still the weapon of choice?  I can't see that there's anything newer or better in the marketplace, unless I want to spend £50-60 on a wristwatch-based counter.

If I carry on with the tri's then I will probably end up upgrading my 310xt for the 910(?), as that looks a tasty bit of kit, but for now I just want something cheapish but that works.

Comments

• Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Khanivore - type something like `lap counter` into the search box and the first 5-10 results will give you what other people use as alternatives to the Poolmate.

Type `Poolmate` or `swimovate` and you'll get threads on people's opinion on that gadget

This reply isn't intended to be sarcastic; it's just this topic has come up many times and the answers are already out there for you image

Pudge - Although Khanivore was asking about the Poolmate, the same argument above can be made against your query. image

• Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Khanivore - type something like `lap counter` into the search box and the first 5-10 results will give you what other people use as alternatives to the Poolmate.

Type `Poolmate` or `swimovate` and you'll get threads on people's opinion on that gadget

This reply isn't intended to be sarcastic; it's just this topic has come up many times and the answers are already out there for you image

Pudge - Although Khanivore was asking about the Poolmate, the same argument above can be made against your query. image

To be fair, he acknowledged that he'd read the other threads and wanted to know if the advice was still current.... no pun intended. And the thread to which you refer is six months old - whilst swim tech doesn't move as fast as the Garmin/Polar/Suunto etc watch scene, it's a valid point that something better might have come out...

• Ok thanks, I'll take that as meaning that there's nothing newer/better available.

Sportcount it is then.

• I've a sportcount chrono. Does the job.