Next up time trials

Hi all,

So 3 weeks ago I crashed out on the bike at my final preperation race for Outlaw. unfortuantly I have now withdrawn from the event with a broken collarbone.

Now i am on the mend I am starting to think about end of this season/next season and thinking about trying some time trials. 

does anybody have any good websites or links to training plans in relation to time trials? I have looked but unable to find and specific plans.

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• What distance TTs are you looking at? 10 mile, 25 mile?

Look for plans that increase Funtional Threshold Power (FTP). This is the average power that you'd produce if you went flat out for one hour. This is the effort for a 25mile TT. 10 mile is slightly more effort.

If you have a turbo and an ANT stick then check out TrainerRoad (shameless plug).

• Didn't know you were sponsored Cat! image

• Hi, yes i am looking at 10mile TT. hoping more focused approach on bike will improve my bike split in the sprint triathlons next year. 

• Looked at our local TT, 9.64 miles, if I can manage 20.3mph average I'd finish as high up as 16 out of 19, probably won't be bothering with embarassing myself there then image

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Or to look at it another way you can already beat three of the regulars.   

For Jason - I agree with IC5 but also get stuck in with some local club 10s and club training rides or even chain gangs - gives you a measure of what other people are doing.  Very hard to get good in isolation - ride with faster riders and you'll aim a bit higher.  

•  

TheEngineer wrote (see)

Didn't know you were sponsored Cat! image

haha imageimage

• Popsider - see what you're saying, just trying to get used to constantly being overtaken that I'd struggle with, getting caught for 5 minutes in 9+ miles would be horrid.

Going to have a nose at the trial tonight and see what I'd be up against, if nothing else I pretty much live on the hill climb course so I could get some specific training in for that one in August!

• Cupcake. wrote (see)

Popsider - see what you're saying, just trying to get used to constantly being overtaken that I'd struggle with, getting caught for 5 minutes in 9+ miles would be horrid.

Going to have a nose at the trial tonight and see what I'd be up against, if nothing else I pretty much live on the hill climb course so I could get some specific training in for that one in August!

Your first outing will be a PB though. TTing is fun but it gets very dull when the weather is crap. The flip side is you can finish higher up image. And the poor weather affects everyone.

I doubt you'd be constantly overtaken. Each rider typically leaves on a 1 minute interval. Stump up your £3 and enjoy! Don't forget a good back light too.

• Is that so the stream of riders doesn't pile into the back of me? image

Looking at the last set of results, it could happen as the times ranged from the high 23s upwards. If they still do the seeding and I'm off on a number 2 the previous 5, and maybe 8, 9, 0 and 1 could catch me and I can't even shout crap swimmer at them

• My local TT doesnt seed. You start in the order you sign on, or pick a high number. Worst thing is you can't even get them on the run!

I was keen to TT tonight, shame about the forecast gales. Swimming looks good image

• Swimming never looks good image