Pirate DIY Half IM 2014 - A hat tirck production

Comments

• Ha - brilliant vid Marshallini. Hollywood beckons!

I particularly like the second to last shot. Seems to wrap things up nicely.

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭

Doing

SA

Mrs SA

Mrs Digger

Soupy (my birfday on 13th too)

Pudge

7755Matt

MrsMatt

Medic Girl (my birthday on the 13th tooo)

H0NK

TheEngineer

Little Sister (depending on 2 things; me not getting into VLM and it not being the same weekend as HONC)

SuckitupButtercup (dependent on whether I get into the VLM)

Lee The Pea (Olympic)

Matt M. I'm in 

Iron Ripley

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭

Just to confirm dates of 13 and 14 April? 

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭

See what I did there SA?  I think it's becoming tradition that I ask a stupid question every year for the DIY half...image

• i would have loved to come but I'm in London watching the OH slog round VLM image

• I *might* not be able to make it now, as i'm jetting of to California on the 19th for the Big Sur marathon (woo hoooooo!) which doesn't conflict as such, but it is more the lack of days off i've got now!  If I can make it after work on the 11th, then i'll come up.  Hope to be there though image So i'll be taking my name off the 'doing' list and putting it on the 'helping' list instead image

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Lee ............... pleeeeeeaaassse come image

• Mrs SA wrote (see)

Lee ............... pleeeeeeaaassse come image

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)

I *might* not be able to make it now, as i'm jetting of to California on the 19th for the Big Sur marathon (woo hoooooo!) which doesn't conflict as such, but it is more the lack of days off i've got now!  If I can make it after work on the 11th, then i'll come up.  Hope to be there though image So i'll be taking my name off the 'doing' list and putting it on the 'helping' list instead image

Oi FB, sort yersel oot. Yer comin tae the half, even if ah huv tae drag ye there masel!

• Iron Ripley wrote (see)
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)

I *might* not be able to make it now, as i'm jetting of to California on the 19th for the Big Sur marathon (woo hoooooo!) which doesn't conflict as such, but it is more the lack of days off i've got now!  If I can make it after work on the 11th, then i'll come up.  Hope to be there though image So i'll be taking my name off the 'doing' list and putting it on the 'helping' list instead image

Oi FB, sort yersel oot. Yer comin tae the half, even if ah huv tae drag ye there masel!

Seconded!!image

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Ohh can I do this and Outlaw half as well? I ought to considering my mentor now image
    I would like to do Outlaw half again as a direct comparison and also because it's stupidly fun!

• Doing

SA

Mrs SA

Mrs Digger

Pudge

7755Matt

MrsMatt

H0NK

TheEngineer

Little Sister (depending on 2 things; me not getting into VLM and it not being the same weekend as HONC)

Lee The Pea (Olympic)

Matt M. I'm in 

Iron Ripley

Blue Steel (my b'days the 16th so even more cakes!)

Mrs Blue Steel

• If free I'm in for this- not sure whether the oly or half, prob half.

• I'm in.....on the assumption I don't get into VLMimage

can someone add me to the list please?image

• SA

Mrs SA

Mrs Digger

Pudge

7755Matt

MrsMatt

H0NK

TheEngineer

Lee The Pea (Olympic)

Matt M. I'm in 

Iron Ripley

Mrs Blue Steel

Colourin (if not successful getting into VLM)

• SA

Mrs SA

Mrs Digger

Pudge

7755Matt

MrsMatt

H0NK

TheEngineer

Lee The Pea (Olympic)

Matt M. I'm in 

Iron Ripley

Mrs Blue Steel

Colourin (if not successful getting into VLM)

Saffers (mentioned it to Mr Saffers, didn't get a no so will work on it)

• Sorry to be a pain but for those of us who have not done this one before but are eager beavers, could someone post a little information as to what the weekend will consist of.  Thanking you. Oh and I thought it was flat!  Sounds hilly all over to me ! 

• Right you will meet up at SA's house drop off any kit you want and then head over to the pool nearby. Rake up your bike have some banter and head in the pool. Swim a bit head outside grab your bike and do loop's around Mac. The loops are slightly hilly in places if you are not used to hill's but nothing scary. There is normally a water/feed station at Q's dad's house so make sure you give Them a big hug and a thankyou.

Back to SA's house drop your bike off and head out for a road. It's all sign posted but that doesn't mean the sign post's won't be nicked like one of them was this year but everyone else will be looking out for you. Back to SA manor to a big cheer and some food.

Everything is slightly informal and some good mischief and banter throughout. IF your a newbie it's a very good way to get used to transition and also stop worring if you can do the distance, if your not a newbie it's a good way to meet your mates and talk carp all weekend. Q, Jo and there family have in other years put a lot of hard work into making this fun for everyone and like wine just in caseimage. Sadly this year's going to fall on my wedding anersursay so hopefully taking sarah somewhere special (TBC) so might not be down.

• i def want in on this if i dont get a VLM place.

Did someone mention camping? in April? in the UK? although i have never been to macclesfield so is it hot then?

i can provide an adequate amount of yogurt (i.e. a boot full) if need be image 

• H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

does the yogurt come in pots or do we need to ladle it out of your boot?image

• imageimage

Mac is tropical as is all the north you will be fineimage. Just make sure you don't annoy the local sheep as they live near manchester and are all hocked on crack and are packing.

• i think for general purposes it probably makes sense to just leave it in the pots - otherwise it might cover my bike.

i think we all agree yogurts and bikes dont mix.

i shall take orders closer to the time image

• Thanks for that Cake image

• It's great fun for the weekend as well as the race side... I DIY'd the DIY this year but had great fun! 

Thinking this is a good warm up for races... Outlaw half and poss full as maybe on the cards for me... Eeekkkk 

• I've wanted to do it and keep missing out so I fully intend to be there this time, image  Sounds like good fun and a bit of training thrown in. image

• Yeh! Saffers on the list. image 

• Coming in late to this thread, can someone tell me where it takes place? How does it work? Like to join in but it depends on if I can get there easily or not.

Never mind. Might have helped if I'd read through all the posts first! Don't think I can make it to Macclesfield - haven't a clue how to get there nor how long it takes.

• Where are you Bionic Ironwolf? Macc is reasonably straight forward for trains and road.