Wednesday 17th July 2013

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Awake, so thought I'd start the thread. In honour of OH and son!

Lyrics: It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy.

What: either short run or rest
Why: take it easy...last two days have been relatively hard so legs may appreciate a rest.

Back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

What:             easy run
    Why:              all my running is easy
    Last hard:      30/6
    Last rest:       slept better last night

Lyrics - I think I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning ale and LMH

What: 4M Steady off road

Why: Habit

Warm and sunny again. House quiet with kids away

Lyrics: Think so.

Catch up time.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning,

What: club run tonight
    Why: it's WEdnesday
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: yes

Warm and sunny here too

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Yesterday's lyrics: First we take Manhattan, Leonard Cohen. Sadly I missed the concert - it was epic. Watched some reviews and wished I could have gone image

what: easy 7 miler
    why: niggly left leg (speedwork rarely agrees with me image)
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes

I love summer image  Going for a lake swim tonight image

• AH LOL - he's got the 5000m tonight @ 0010!image

What: maybe pool after work
    Why: on call. Some thoughts on improving my swimming image
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday

Chickadee - enjoy the lake swim image
    Still gray and cool here image

One sleep until Lords! image

• OH: Hope he does well in the 5000m. Keep us informed.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice easy run this morning - murdered myself in the garden yesterday all day so wasnt fit for a run - pretty sore all over today but the running was a bit of a relief!  Back in the garden soon today.  We have ridiculously massive gardens now in this new place, all in a state of weediness and mess - I might actually get some upper body strength this holiday!! image

Was out for about an hour with the dog and probably did between 6 and 7 miles with plenty rests for doggy play-time!

• Emzap, you may be surprised about the people you come across on these forums. I happen to have completed the inaugural Mount Pleasant 8 mile Fun Run in the Falkland Islands. That was when one flight a week was just a dream. It was one BOAT every 3 weeks, and the crossing took 11 days in good weather. After a couple of years we had built the airfield, so they could actually have long haul flights.

lyrics, no.

Yesterday was big. I left home at 0800 and got in again at 0100 this morning. Despite sleep, I feel groggy, possibly due to the 250 miles of driving as well as the double shift. Still, the rest of the day is mine. (Apart from the job list left by the wife).

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Wow Blisters I assume you didn't make that trip just to do the run?  I know a few people who have been there, but they complain of the stress of getting there!  Nothing compared to 11 days though, only about 48 hours of travelling.

• donaldo: I've also weeded the garden !

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

My garden needs weeding: too many builders things in the way!

Re the Falklands, one of my Uni friends worked there for many years and even ran for them in the Commonwealth Games Marathon. He has also won the Stanley Marathon amongst others. I suspect Blisters may know him!

What: 10 mins very gentle
    Why: better than nothing...just enough to turn the legs over.

Good look in the 5000 tonight, father and son!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

What nowt
    Why dozed off
    Lyrics yes

Sat down on the sofa to put my shoes on and next thing I knew one of the cats woke me up and it was 6!

Will try something tomorrow.

• Evening.
    Instead of pratting about on the web I had mentally prepared myself for a decent run. OK at 30 degrees it was never going to be fast, so I decided to make it different. Just 15.5 miles and I took it to the hills. We do have half decent hills in the Cotswolds, my first at mile 3 was 1:5 and was a good half mile long. After that it was a question of finding 1:6 hills for fun. I must find out how much climbing there was, apart from lots. It was only after 14 miles that I suddenly realised that there was a disconnect between HR and effort. Yup, I was starting to overheat. Oh well, what do you expect for 2h30m in the heat?

• Apparently 935 ft of climbing, with 3 of them getting official grading ratings (for the bikers I suppose).