When is your bed time

I don't know about you lot but as I am apporching (couple of years yet) 50 i seem to need less sleep. 

Or is it ust me.....

Comments

•  guess i sould ask this in the morning image as most will have gone to bed..doh

• About 11pm, still find I need at least 8-9 hrs sleep, but lucky if I get it...

• I dont know about you guys but I am definitely a sleeper in the winter and a early moring bird in the summer. Somehow running is just so much more attractive when you dont have to layer up and brave the elements! 

I have just started running to work in London and so I am grabbing about 6 hours sleep at the moment...when the Brixton police dont raid the hostel next to my flar or there arent any riots going on....

Motoactv Blog

• Given the choice I'd sleep from 1 til 9. It used to be more like 3 til 11 so has shifted earlier but is still the same amount of sleep.

as I generally can't get up at 9 I try to aim for midnight in bed during the week.

• My sleeping skills are enviable   image

10 hours is the norm for me ...

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Before midnight is early. Midnight to 1am is bedtime. After 1am is late. Weekdays I get up at about 6.15 and leave the house at 6.45. Weekends I still go to bed at same times but can lie-in for England. I am older than Tommygun but younger than MrFrog (who doesn't understand my sleep patterns at all!).

• Bedtime usually about 1.45am during the week, and get up sometime between 7.00 and 8.30am - I mostly work from home, so can roll out of bed and be straight in the 'office'.

3 to 4am isn't unusual at the weekends.

But I can get by for a few days on very little, or very erratic sleep... I've often worked through the night to meet work deadlines, and functioned quite happily the next day (it tends to catch up with me a couple of days later).

• I struggle past 10pm, if I am sitting in front of the TV. I am up at 4.45 every morning and unfortunately the body clock opens my eyes at the same time at weekends.

What I wouldn't give to sleep in.

• I usually go to bed around 9:30 and put the tv for half an hour but ususlly asleep around 10 - i wake up between 5 and 6 - it's just what i'm used to.

• Juliefrazz wrote (see)

Bedtime usually about 1.45am during the week, and get up sometime between 7.00 and 8.30am - I mostly work from home, so can roll out of bed and be straight in the 'office'.

3 to 4am isn't unusual at the weekends.

But I can get by for a few days on very little, or very erratic sleep... I've often worked through the night to meet work deadlines, and functioned quite happily the next day (it tends to catch up with me a couple of days later).

I work from home too Julie but don't you find just 'arrving at the office' needs some time between waking and working? My missus has been shocked sometimes to get home and find me still in my pyjamas but very pleased with the productive day I've had!

also I find I work better lately by getting bed by 11 ish and up at 7.

that's if I am not woken by snoring several times and have to relocate to another roomimage

• depends who I'm sharing it with

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Bedtime is 10pm. Lights out by 10.30 at absolute latest. I really like to get 8hrs sleep if I can and get bit antsy if I'm not getting that regularly. 

• M...eldy wrote (see)

My sleeping skills are enviable   image

10 hours is the norm for me ...

Cow

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

It depends on what I'm doing the next day and what time I need to be up, but if entirely left to my own devices then it would probably be 11pm - midnight, and up around 8am.

• Very rarely before midnight...but very rarely after midnight...MrGFB up at 7.00am and I get up at 7.55 (to be exact!!)  He likes time to chill in the morning...I like our bed image

And I also would love to lie in at the weekends but find myself waking around the same time...we'll be up early this weekend as we have the grand-babies for a sleepover and they tend to wake around 6ish image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

The older I've gotten, the more sleep I need. The problem is not staying up late but the getting up the next morning. I would be happiest if I could wake up about 8am but have to be work half an hour before that so doesn't really work. I try to go to bed between 10-10.30pm but sometimes it's between 11-11.30pm for no good reason.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

10ish is when I start heading for bed.  Usually takes me half an hour to faff around/read/chat to hubby but we tend to be asleep for 10:30.  Up at 6 and I definitely need sleep!

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I tend to spend a reasonable number of hours in bed, but can often only sleep a couple of them.  It doesn't bother me as I use the extra time to process things in my head and usually wake up with all sorts of problems resolved.

Not enough hours to resolve all conflicts and achieve world peace though

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Sleep?  Wassat then?

Kids bedtime is 8 - but by the time they've had stories, books and songs and get off to sleep it's usually after 9.  Then we eat, tidy up, catch the news or watch something recorded for half an hour, get clothes etc ready for the next day, have a wash etc, it's usually 11:30 before we get to bed.  Read for a bit then lights out.

Hubby snores for half an hour as he drops off.  Then I take another half an hour or so to get off to sleep.  Sometimes I read a bit more to stop me clubbing him.

Little 'un wakes any time between 2 and 4, and I've given up trying to settle her in her cot, so she comes in with us (I know, I know......) and she cuddles very enthusiastically while she falls asleep again - another half an hour. 

Alarm goes off at 6:20 - hubby snoozes it a couple of times and goes back to sleep - but I'm awake.  He gets up for first shower and I try (usually unsuccessfully) to get another half hour.  At about 7:15 older daughter shouts through "Is it morning?" waking little 'un so it's time to get up for breakfast.

At least now we are past mid-summer, and it'll start getting darker earlier and light later.  Up here, it's still light at midnight and the dawn chorus starts about 3am.

I long for 8 hours in bed, alone, with no daylight...............

• I could sleep for England, if it was an olympic sport I'd be a multi gold medal winner!! My other half is in awe of my ability to be asleep before I'm even lying down properly.....

That said, the last few nights have been challenging, what with the heat and noisy neighbours/dogs (a down side to having windows open).

Most nights we are in bed by 10pm at the very latest as we are both up early - and I'm a bit tetchy if I don't get enough sleep.

• I really need my sleep.......

more and more

Usually in bed between 9 and 10.occassionally later but then I need a 7 pm bedtime to catch up.......

stay in bed till at least 7 am each morning........usually awake at times during the night though......

and when i get more tired i have an afternoon nap like today.......

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I'm feeling tired right now. That'll do. 

🙂

• About 10.15 to 10.30. But I sleep very lightly and in the summer up here in Scotland I am often awake before 4am! image

• Bed just after 10, up at 5.  Prefer about an hour less, with a 20 minute nap in the day. 

Forget all this 8+ hours per night nonsense, learn to nap.  It's like having a reset button half way through your day.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I've been asleep (18:00 - 19:00), I've been asleep again (22:45 - 01:50), I might go back to sleep until maybe 04:30.

12 mile run at 05:30.

Go to sleep again at 08:15.

Wake up at 08:45.

Go do some work.

A typical day.

🙂

• RicF wrote (see)

I've been asleep (18:00 - 19:00), I've been asleep again (22:45 - 01:50), I might go back to sleep until maybe 04:30.

12 mile run at 05:30.

Go to sleep again at 08:15.

Wake up at 08:45.

Go do some work.

A typical day.

image holy cow! that sounds very military.. or something

• Need my sleep, 9.30pm off to bed then up at 6am. Its always 6am I think anybody who has been in the forces for the rest of their lives wake up at 6am whether they want to or not image

• My bed time is normally 9 pm,

I really need my sleep, otherwise i don't feel human.............

I turn everything off at 9 pm: TV off, lights off, go upstairs, brush teeth, clean face...........go to bed. May read a little while in bed, until before 10 pm, but i try to be sleeping by 10 pm.

I woke up at 7 am, (with alarm clock) .............when my cat gives me the "paw in face" treatment..........

• Fatima - 9 pm sounds great but not achievable for me.  I train on a night and when it has been hot sometimes I dont go out till 9 pm.  My other half works shifts and doesnt get home til 10pm every night on alternate weeks so I wouldnt see him if I didnt stay up.  I get up in the morning at 6 to walk the dog before I start work at 8 and find getting up at that time really difficult.  So I normally get 7 hours but feel like I need 8.  Just try to catch up on a weekendimage

• I seem to go to bed these days ataround 11.30 - 12 but still up at 5-5.30am. I seem to do alright on 5 ish hours a night. I do get to sleep for 35 mins on the train morning and evening. They must be my power naps image