right to do what?

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Great one Screama, 

What you are saying in essence is that everyone should do what the hell they like and if no one likes it, tough.

I'm not denying the rights of some Gay people to shout from the rooftops about their sexuality. Indeed, I'm compelled to defend that right to.

However, I am free to object to the manner in which the message is delivered.

If someone is screaming their stuff in my face, why shouldn't I be equally free to tell them to 'tone it down'.

When you tolerate everything you get anarchy.

🙂

• Being gay isn't a pastime, you dick.

• Nick, like I said, it's not for you to decide. You are free to be irritated - but it's your problem. Ditto you Ric.

Also, nobody is "screaming stuff in your face". If someone, quite literally was (for any reason) that would be rude and personal and I would expect you to object but no-one has actually has. You've just responded to an interview with a rant, 

And how you even get from that to, "when you tolerate everything you get anarchy" God only knows.

And it is only your own bizarre logic that equates me saying gays should be as open (and loud) as they like  with "everybody should be able to do what they want."

• As an aside, Ric's right that a small minority of gay people do it professionally. In the same way you get professional Northeners, Scousers, Scots, Welsh, ex-military (and probably English, Kenyans, gingers, disabled people, mad people or any other identifiable group)

They pepper conversations with phrases like:

I can't help myself because I'm [ whatever]
    We always do it like that in [my group]
    My life is harder than yours because I'm [ whatever]

even when all you've said to them is 'hello.'

It's classic game-playing from transactional analysis, designed to generate sympathy and respect for their terrible plight or respect for their status, which is more important than yours. Probably best ignored, if possible.

This is a rather different beast to people undertaking a political campaign to further their interests or promote equality.

I'm a triathlete, me.image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Well Screama, someone somewhere decides things. Who are you to say otherwise?

Obviously if you go looking for trouble, don't complain when you find it.

I'm not free to be irritated. I'm free to make a rational descision about whether my reaction to being 'forced' to hear or see things is balanced.

Maybe someone setting off fireworks outside your house or having all night parties three times a week is something you enjoy.

Tough, its your problem. Someone else is having fun. At your expense.

🙂

• Crash Hamster - they must be an absolutely tiny minority because I have never met anyone like that and I know a lot of gay people.

How many people have you honestly met that are like that?

• RicF wrote (see)

Well Screama, someone somewhere decides things. Who are you to say otherwise?

Obviously if you go looking for trouble, don't complain when you find it.

I'm not free to be irritated. I'm free to make a rational descision about whether my reaction to being 'forced' to hear or see things is balanced.

Maybe someone setting off fireworks outside your house or having all night parties three times a week is something you enjoy.

Tough, its your problem. Someone else is having fun. At your expense.

So loudly, proudly gay people are now "looking for trouble", "having fun at other people's expense" and being equated with people that let off  fireworks outside people's houses.

Sorry Ric, you've really lost it image

• Sixteen.

3 Scousers, 1 diabetic, 2 gays, 4 Welsh people, 1 ex-military, 1 pretending to be ex-military, a couple of Scots, one black person and a slightly odd Pakistani who was convinced the world was against him, when all his colleagues had erroneously assumed him to be Indian in the first place.

Then there are the people who have run a race in 'about two hours' and they're on the results at 2:36. The chap I know who was in the army and turns up wearing his medal ribbons, which are, unfortunately from WW1. Lots of people big themselves up by exaggeration or play for sympathy by exaggerating how hard life is for them. We probably all do it from time to time, but when it's all the time at inappropriate moments, it gets really wearing.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Scream wrote:

So loudly, proudly gay people are now "looking for trouble", "having fun at other people's expense" and being equated with people that let off  fireworks outside people's houses.

Why on earth would you write that?

🙂

• You have known some very insecure people compared to me then, Crashie.

• That's actually eighteen, not sixteen. We ironman triathletes have trouble counting without our Garmins.

• Goes with the job. I've seen thousands of people in my time. Impossible to help some of them. Overworked and harassed NHS bod, me. Still have time for triathlon though; would you like to hear about my Ironman?

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

12 easy miles for me this morning in the rain.

Averaging 80 miles plus a week now. 

🙂

• RicF wrote (see)

Scream wrote:

Because you are linking things together in your posts which are not linked at all. If you don't believe they are linked why mention one in the context of the other?

• Gay or straight, I think we can all agree that Yelena Isinbayeva; we would...

(with a bit of luck, that leaves the pot simmering til I get back)

• definitely Gnasher

irrespective of all the hoo-haa she's created I'm going to miss that arse and 6 pack to look at now she's retired.....image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    RicF wrote (see)

Scream wrote:

Because you are linking things together in your posts which are not linked at all. If you don't believe they are linked why mention one in the context of the other?

For reasons of entertainment.

🙂

• Oh good - glad you've made it clear you weren't trying to present a valid argument. 

• Gay, straight, black, white, green, orange, fat, thin........who cares?

Why can't we all just live and let live?

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Ms Isinbayeva told the meejah afterwards that she now wishes to get married and start a family. I have advised her of my availability.

• image But muttley surely that would be forcing your heterosexuality on everyone else? Well on her anyway I think she might snap you in half like a twitlet.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I wonder if people who claim to have had these experiences of "Hello, I'm Tom, I AM GAY" actually have or is there a bit of urban myth about it all.

There's a lot of talk about "them" and the way "they" behave, not a lot of specifics.

• I’ve worked for years at gay pride festival’s and thinking while folks might have meet someone once who said they were gay like crashie said but thinking a lot of comments on this thread is more about folks own fears than anything based in the real world. Most gay pride stuff is just a festival yes there are rainbow flags everywhere but other than that it’s just like any other festival just with less good music at it and more information about various community things and group’s from own experiences.

This Russian lass has the right to say the protesters are wrong just as the protesters have the right to protest. The whole thing makes me thing of a episode of family guy when the mayor makes a nonsense law about marrage that was gay bashing so everyone would talk about that getting angry and not his various mistakes.

• I have friends who happen to be gay, but no 'Hello, I'm gay' friends. People who define themselves by one thing and bang on about it constantly and irrelevantly are quite dull, IMHO. I try to avoid mixing with too many members of my profession for the same reason; dull, dull and dull again.

I missed preachy vegetarians in my list above; 'hello, I'm vegetarian and you should give up meat because...' I've known one of these; bright boy but no social skills; for all he knew when he started his diatribe, I may have been a vegetarian myself.*

* I'm not; I like vegetarian food, but as an accompaniment to meat.

• Very true mate it's vegan's who get on my neaves. chuffing vegan's image 

*hopes some folks are reading this* image

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

Some people are footballers, some are runners, some play golf or collect stamps. Some people make their pastime 'being gay'?

As someone else said... really?!  You sound like the pope.

• The great thing about the pastime of 'being gay' is you can do it at the same time as other pastimes. Running while being gay, playing golf while being gay. Brilliant multitasking.

• Phil one of my faverote past times is breathing it's a simple chose on my part and annoy's to many people. image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

did Kafeeg write:  "I will ALWAYS push my sexuality in your face and everyone's face"

doesn't that add support to the OPs comment, or am I missing something?

• Dustin, yes, you're missing the bit where we explained what pride movements are for and what they hope (eventually) to achieve.