Tuesday 22nd October 2013

Morning.

Lyrics - Your mouth is a revolver

Well the throat doesn't feel quite so bad but my nose is now streaming, my ear aches and my RHR is up so I guess that means my initial plan of ignoring it as symptoms are above the neck is probably not the wisest.

What:          nothing
Why:           see above
Last hard:   doing nothing
Last rest:    21/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Blue Monday by New Order.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Sorry to hear the cold is sidelining you LmH. Glad I'm not the only one who uses the 'above the neck' symptom technique!
    Emz- decent double at the w/e
    Don - good time, you must've been flying last time you ran that xc!
    what - working late so no club session. Probably jog over to Green Park and do 3 tempo loops. No idea how long each is, but its about 2 miles there (and back).
    why - would rather speedwork rather than steady. Can't stand t/mill.
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - sunday
    lyric - i think I should but not leaping out

• 10 miles d&d with 10 x 800 on TM!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

I am an above the neck techie too

lmh wish you better

what: tai chi and the strengthening stuff later

why: resting up now

last hard: sunday

last easy: yesterday

have a good un all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

What: 3M Steady in and through the puddles.

Why: Not very fit and it's been pouring almost non stop for a few days up here.

More to catch up on.

Working on Thurs evening, then Sat and Sun mornings.

• LMH - rest until fit! Don't panic, you have enough work done at this stage to lose nothing during the downtime!! It is hard!!

• That's going to take a little getting used to birks.

Bored and miserable Paddy - I'm not good when I can't do.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

afternoon

What: something gentle at gym
    Why: legs are still in agony, but it gets better, not worse when I move.
    Last hard: sunday
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: nope

Just found out that although I won't be keeping my part time job after December (mat cover), I may be offered a full time one in a slightly different area.  Not jumping about just yet, as hasn't been confirmed, but please keep your fingers crossed for me...
    Blisters yes at school we used to have 2x20 min for a game.  However, here in the German leage, we have 2x30 min per game.  Not sure why it's different.
    LMH keep resting.  It's boring and miserable but perhaps it'll mean you can train properly sooner.

Have a good one all.

• That's what I keep telling myself emzap image Looks as though I may have an unexpected day off tomorrow so really hope that two days rest is enough. Fingers crossed for your work situation - when will you know? Would full time suit you?

• Afternoon!

Lyrics: yes (although you are perhaps a couple of weeks early, LMH)

And LMH: what Paddy said.

Emz: fingers crossed!

Wabo: baked anything yet?

What: 30 -40 mins steady plus stretches
    Why: is the plan/must do more

Re work, only needed this morning, but from beginning of Novemeber confirmed as 4 days a week until Christmas.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: Zilch
    Why: work then RNLI course

• Poor LMH image  get well soon.

Blisters wrote (see)

... Which reminds me. I saw one bloke with an ammo belt, still containing TWO half litre drinks at mile 20. Whilst I'm on a complete brain dump of a ramble, it was great to see Mick and Phil. In fact, Phil gave me a huge Pirate YAAAAR, and I assure you this wasn't his usual uuuuh comment. This was a clear, unambiguous YAAAR. That cheered me up on so many levels.

WHY would anyone carry so much surplus fuel??  Good you saw Mick 'n Phil. They are legends image

alehouse wrote (see)

Meant to say, TT, formerly of this thread, ran 2:27 something in Amsterdam yesterday.

imageimageimage  how amazing. That's almost an hour quicker than my PB. Can't get my head around that ...

what: rest day
    why: flu jab yesterday left me feeling ill and feverish
    last hard: trying to sleep
    last rest: today
    lyrics: no

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

not yet alehouse, we will have the family mixing this evening then it will be baking time....

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Large daughter got up early this morning, honking and muleing. Lovely.
    A very wide berth is being granted.
    I might even have to leave the thread alone for a bit to avoid catching germs. The day has been spent seeking out alcohol, as HAND SANITIZER.

I feel sure that it was 4x 20 mins in lacrosse, but Wiki-lies appears to tell me of half a dozen variants of the rules.

Stairs are possible today, but very stiff legged.

• I'll try not to share Blisters.

You're brave chickadee - I won't have the flu or pneumonia vaccines.

At least it's taper time anyway OH.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice short,sharp session this afternoon with 5 boys from school.  Wee warm up then 20 x 30 seconds fast with 30 seconds recovery.  Only two boys made it to the end and they were very much on a par with me, if not a little quicker on occasion!

Lyrics - well, it's a maybe!

• Hi all image no training today, but getting back into it this week... got up to 10 miles a couple of months ago but overdid it on a long run (nothing terrible just got cranky because it was so damn hard) not done much since... planning on entering Brass Monkey (last ran back in 2005 for my first sub 2:30 attempt - with LMH!!!) with a mid-term view/2014 A goal of finally smashing two hours at the 10 year anniversary of my first Half - Bristol 2004 which I proudly finished in two hours and fifty two minutes...

• Entries for Brass Monkey open at 9 on Saturday: http://www.yorkknavesmireharriers.co.uk/brassmonkey.htm

And hello, RHG: stick around. Back in the UK I take it from the above post!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

LMH : Hope you get better soon. Yeah the new work pattern is going to take time to get used to.

emzap: Hope it works out for you.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Blisters.  Remember women's lacrosse is very different to men's, so the timings may be different...good luck avoiding the lurgy!

25 mins on cross trainer done.  Didn't hurt at the time, but as soon as I stopped was in pain again (I guess the lesson is, don't stop?).

LMH full time would be better than no time, though would mean the 5:45 wake up and 100 mile round trip drive every day instead of only 2-3 days a week.  However, I have no reason to work part time, other than that's what was offered to me in the 1st place.  Will see what happens I guess.

• That will be a long day emzap.

Good to have you back RHG - where are you based now? How long have you been home?

• RHG, now there's a name from the past. How will we recognise you?

Lyrics? Ah, well they played the song on Radio 2 on the drive home. Always a good hint.

Watched Great British Bake Off final, and used the rolling pin on my legs whilst it was on. One star out of five for pain. Could try harder.

• Yes, have heard these lyrics rather a lot lately.

What: just 10 minutes to stretch the legs, and followed by some stretches
    Why: change of plan. Should be a more fruitful day running wise tomorrow. Got back from work and then helped friend plumb in sink and hob. Then ran out of time, or rather, ran out of enthusiasm. Could try harder.