Don't forget to wear your Hi-Viz kit in the dark!

2»

Comments

• re  head torches, there are a couple of threads on here with lots of info.

in short you can get ones not far off vehicle headlight brightness, downside shorter battery life, search ebay for Cree head torch. Petzyl Myo and Alpkit Gamma get good reviews and are bright enough for trail running and have a longer battery life.

• A reminder. Amazing how often I see runners and cyclists without any visible clothing.

• I took my mutt out for his first run in the woods last night. He had his flashing collar on and I had my Alpkit Gamma head torch on. It was very easy to see him and he could see me and whenever we go for a walk on the streets we are both lit up like that too. We have never had any problems.

On the other hand, my mate has recently had an accident on his bike. He had 3 front lights on with one static and 2 flashing and also had plenty of hi-viz gear on. It didn't stop him from ploughing in to a youth who stepped off the kerb and smashing his arm to bits. Just because we are lit up doesn't stop other people form being irresponsible

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

We were out this morning running through some woodland and also some adjucent roads. It was amazing to see after how many cyclists out there with no hi viz/lights etc.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Cyclist dressed all in black, black bike, no lights, night time. Just giving a psychopath a valid excuse to give to the police.

🙂

• me and the dog wear reflective vests when we go running at night.

• I wear black running gear it has reflectors but I see it as my job to avoid cars not the other way round.  

Unless you are doing your run in the actual road then I don't see the point, and I avoid running anywhere near the road as much as I can.

• I'm a cyclist and i'm lit up like the preverbial christmas tree. I get really cross when I see other cyclists with no hi-viz and no lights... don't know why I get cross cos it's not me that gets killed when they're knocked off... but don't they get they're just invisible?

anyway, running, i'm out in the bright yellow at the moment and will get a light strip cos the ones i've seen coming towards me are brilliantly noticable.

• I saw a black cat and a ninja runner almost bump into each other this week.
  • imageimage

I love Cyberdog (club wear) I go out looking like a Disney character on acid. image Still been hit by blind motorists.
    I've said it before, it doesn't matter what you wear, if people don't look, they won't see you.

Agree though, wearing all black with no reflective / hi viz is not clever. It's not difficult to add something reflective to your attire as you step out the door.