Pirate Race Team

Comments

• Are green bikes still the fastest? Does this thread have a warning? Can we go on a Xmas holiday to RW USA?

Has RW turned into mumsnet? And who the hell is kittykat? And is that tw@ hoose still around?

• Yeah - is the a breakglass email distribution that someone activated?

• We can go to the USA but not Milton Keynes, seemingly that was far too difficult to organise

• Interesting read.

People are entitled to their opinions, I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Meldy i think its morte like harry Potter and voldermort activated the dark mark on his arm and so all the death eaters have been awoken and are forced to come out and play

• Thats Mister Death eater to you... most of us have the M. somewhere... Although oxy has the smallest and pinkest.

• the mark must fit the man image

• I am glad I was here for this occasion. its like 2005 all over again.

And regardless of the content this week I still miss Candy. When I am down I just read the 2004 Austria race report. And 'nazi' ? now you're just trying to court attention !!

Anyway the comments are now too cliquey and clever for me, so am off, love all x

• Ha ha I remember it well.  Somebody called 'bright bimbler' who changed their name to a series of dashes and now posts on the ultra forum as (something like) teambuffukgirl (see!  She's sponsored!  Get in there meldy!)

somebody gently offered a different opinion to something she said, and she threw the biggest hissy fit i ever saw and threatened to kill herself.  I (helpfully and correctly) pointed out that if she seriously contemplated suicide every time she encountered a contradictory opinion on the internet, she would probably be safer living in a shed with no electricity.  I was a nazi, a bully and a whole ream of other things.  In uppercase letters!

i got over it though.

• She did Snowdon marathon the other week. Finished about 2 mins inside of the cut off and threw a huge hissy fit on here as apparently her bag had been abandoned at the luggage station. (I don't think it had)

Called the organiser all sorts - made ridiculous allegations - and then all of her comments were deleted. So its not just you. She has a natty line in tracksuit bottoms. Maybe you could use them for your UltraSpartanRuns ?
  • Upper case or lower case ridiculous accusations?

• Lots of UPPER CASE ridiculous allegations. Corruption and all sorts.

Quite how she arrived there from a bag possibly being left unattended is quite the mystery.
  • No it really was, kittenkat.  can't remember the context, but something akin to "i hate the cardiff marathon it's badly organised i would never do it again" and the reply "i've done it twice and really enjoyed it".  

as oblique and unconfrontational as that

• She is the Jacqueline Howett of jog/walking!

• While competitiveness is obviously a virtue on a running forum, trying to be "the most like Jacqueline Howett" whenever she's mentioned probably isn't.  As with the book guy and his apologists, no response to online criticism is always the best response.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

spaOk... I am not a pirate but wanted to add a comment to one message:

candy ollier wrote (see)

Ha ha I remember it well.  Somebody called 'bright bimbler' who changed their name to a series of dashes and now posts on the ultra forum as (something like) teambuffukgirl (see!  She's sponsored!  Get in there meldy!)

somebody gently offered a different opinion to something she said, and she threw the biggest hissy fit i ever saw and threatened to kill herself.  I (helpfully and correctly) pointed out that if she seriously contemplated suicide every time she encountered a contradictory opinion on the internet, she would probably be safer living in a shed with no electricity.  I was a nazi, a bully and a whole ream of other things.  In uppercase letters!

i got over it though.

She's not actually sponsored by buff... And this person is "known" on the marathon circuit for cheating, abuse towards RDs and other competitors and also making allegations about race organisation/issues.

ive never met you but don't worry - I've been called a bully and a biatch for questioning her nutrition planning and racing.

cougie wrote (see)
    She did Snowdon marathon the other week. Finished about 2 mins inside of the cut off and threw a huge hissy fit on here as apparently her bag had been abandoned at the luggage station. (I don't think it had)

Called the organiser all sorts - made ridiculous allegations - and then all of her comments were deleted. So its not just you. She has a natty line in tracksuit bottoms. Maybe you could use them for your UltraSpartanRuns

Cougie - I heard about this. Did she actually finish inside the time limit? I heard that she talked the RD into starting an hour earlier than everyone else.

• Hmm, Pirate Race Team eh? Who'd like to be a PRaT? image

• Me me me .... I'd love to be a PRat

• Emmy H wrote (see)

spaOk... I am not a pirate but wanted to add a comment to one message:

candy ollier wrote (see)

Ha ha I remember it well.  Somebody called 'bright bimbler' who changed their name to a series of dashes and now posts on the ultra forum as (something like) teambuffukgirl (see!  She's sponsored!  Get in there meldy!)

i got over it though.

She's not actually sponsored by buff... And this person is "known" on the marathon circuit for cheating, abuse towards RDs and other competitors and also making allegations about race organisation/issues.

ive never met you but don't worry - I've been called a bully and a biatch for questioning her nutrition planning and racing.

cougie wrote (see)
    She did Snowdon marathon the other week. Finished about 2 mins inside of the cut off and threw a huge hissy fit on here as apparently her bag had been abandoned at the luggage station. (I don't think it had)

Called the organiser all sorts - made ridiculous allegations - and then all of her comments were deleted. So its not just you. She has a natty line in tracksuit bottoms. Maybe you could use them for your UltraSpartanRuns

Cougie - I heard about this. Did she actually finish inside the time limit? I heard that she talked the RD into starting an hour earlier than everyone else.

just realised hwo you are talking about..have knowledge from a different source image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

KK - her name is used in the post and she posts under this name on RW... So we are not inferring at all. It's plain to see.

seren- yes... A lot of people know of her reputation or had the pleasure of meeting her.

• Emmy - I think she said she finished 2 mins inside - but the results have her 2 mins outside.

I did pass a couple of runners at the half way point who must have had a head start. They were going very slowly - so that's quite possible that she was one of them.
  • candy ollier wrote (see)

mon  can you recommend any shit hot london head-of-wardrobe people?  My regular one just dumped my 2 week project in january for a 5 month full time project working for E4.  

They are dressing presenters in a fictitious TV shopping channel.  So shinv spiv suits and shit like that.  2 men one woman.  All the "crew" wear a uniform polo shirt and some of their own stuff, so easy.  Getting lots of outfits for the female will be the testing part

2 weeks plus prep time.  £1200.

thoughts?

...as you were, everybody else.  Apologies for the interruption, but she never reples to my emails image

You mustn't have my actual email. Can probably find someone, would do it myself but have a busy January, what are the dates?