mens running tights

2»

Comments

• Just cut the label out- problem solved.
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    !!!!!!!!! Why do women come up with such sensible suggestions?

Only problem is that: I WILL KNOW!!!

<nrg-b goes to a corner to hide head in shame>
  • NRG-B

I am worried about you,Where will it all lead?????????

Mrs NRG-B had better hide her clothes!!!!!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Awwwww, Welsh Poppy, I'm touched that you're worried. What's a bloke to do?

Mrs NRG-B is jealous of me and my new found running ability - although she angrily denies it when challenged. I hope in 2004 I'll be able to persuade her to join me on runs. And No, I won't be sharing tights or any other clothes.
  • NRG-B - If we can have cross dressing Turner prize winners why not runners too?

Perhaps you're the first of many runners here to "come out" re. your clothing preferences.

I notice from other threads you've adopted the pose technique and that your kids find the style amusing? Is this related perhaps?
  • between the lot of you i dont know if im going to look like max wall or a cross dresser and i am not going to ask somebody if my bum looks good or not.in my estate it would look like the rocky scene with all the kids following me actually more like chasing me with sticks.

dont know what to do now

thanks everybody

springer
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    LOL! I think I'll leave cross-dressing to others. I know my limits.

Have you tried the Pose technique?
  • alot of you seem to be talking about this pose style of running.you have got me quite interested,is it any good
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    springer: Well, I've found improvements when compared to heel-striking. However, it does take time to convert (taken me two months to get my miles per week back to pre-Pose levels though I could have done it sooner). Also, if you're not careful you can injure yourself.

Here's the link I posted earlier to the Pose thread.
  • NRG-B,

I'm still giving the Pose thing a lot of thought. I have read the website as I've said and adopted a more forefoot strike and try to pick up feet as directed, however, I'm in the middle of BT as you know and think I want to try one thing at a time.

What improvements have you found? Are you faster? (I guess that's the ultimate aim)

I have felt less injury prone but this could also be as a result of adopting BT...

• On subject of tights, It's bloody freezing up here in Harrogate and the land is undulating so lots of low areas where temperature is even colder. Tried being hard and using running shorts, to cold around the tackle, Nike Dri-fit long shorts were fine upto this current cold spell. Now using Sub 4 winter tights, large size (I'm a medium usually) and they are lovely and warm and comfortable and If I feel comfortable when I run then I run better. To be honest I don't give a stuff what people think I look like.

RM

p.s ran in woolly hat last night, did not realise just how warm they kept you. The new winter essential for me now.

• Keeping warm is better than getting injured by making yourself run in shorts.

I've had my woolly hat on for quite a while, even down south!
  • Yep, hats are great, they do make a suprisingly huge difference to keeping warm, and if black add just a little more to the ninja warrior look.
  • Black, tights, top, hat & gloves I look more like a burglar at 5:45 in the morning!!!
  • hand on heart I can say that I do not feel cold going out in shorts.

I wear a woolly hat on top and a couple of layers on top and I'm fine. In fact yesterday I went out with a helly hansen top and a shower jacket and if anything was too warm!
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Naughty Bryan were you a polar bear in a previous life ;-)

RatBag: Yes I found improvements in pace, less injury and lower HR when compared to doing BT as a heel-striker. It'll take you a good month or two to adopt Pose. If you have some marathon races coming up in Spring then forget Pose conversion till after that.

Email me if you want more specific info on Pose conversion.
  • With regards to headgear . The best hat u can buy at the moment is the Helly Hansen , shull cap. It's mega light and made of their lightweight lifa fabric. It easily fits into a small pocket or waist band if you get too hot and dries out vey quickly after washing.
    Costs about 10 quid . Far superior to any woolly style hats which are just too warm for running.
  • I picked up a load of knitted wide head bands for a quid each from Tammy Girl, they are great as my ears are warm but my hais not soaking wet from sweat.
  • Springer, if you must know, I have large tights and a huge bum and I wear tights.