MyTriathlon - warning

All,

I can't comment fully as this organisation seem to be difficult or get answers from.

My concern comes as they have cancelled my local Half Marathon for the second time - the Friday afternoon before the event.

It seems that they have previously cancelled at least 3 more events over the last 12 months. 

I'm warning runners of the organisations history and letting you decide whether you want to take the risk.

There could be good reasons for the cancellations but the latest one just says 'Highways' and I can't think of a good reason that hasn't been sorted when the date was re-arranged from April giving plenty of time to resolve.

Ed

Comments

• doesn't sound good.have thy refunded the money from any of the events.....

• Is the the Arley half ?

Even made our local TV news
  • No refunds have been offered Seren and looking at their Facebook site seems none have been given in the past.

Dave, what TV news is that? I live close to the event and will be doing a Half Mara tomorrow morning (part of it to the start line) so would hope its my local news as well.

• I asked you the name of the race
  • Sorry mate - was just carb'ing at the same time as typing image

Yep, it's the Arley Hall.

• It's on Look Norths Facebook page then
  • Thanks Dave - will check that one out.

• They were asking for people's comments earlier
  • Cheers.

I have made a comment on there and dropped them a brief email. I'll see whether they come back to me. Don't really want to make a big deal of this for myself - I' just hoping to warn others of their history.

I've read elsewhere that previously they have only offered part refunds however haven't substantiated that yet. I'd just be wary of paying them for any event in future.
  • Oh, I certainly won't be shopping in their online store either.
  • kcbkcb ✭✭

I entered the arley 10k which was due to run in April & was cancelled a matter of days before, I was offered alternative events that I didn't want to enter (these events were also cancelled), following some painful & protracted communications I reluctantly accepted a 60% refund. Time ticked by & eventually a cheque arrived. How wonderful, I was going to treat myself, so I hastily ran to my bank & waited .......... unfortunately, it bounced!! So here we are, following many more ignored emails & unanswered phone calls I eventually got in touch & have been told that my account will be credited with the refund. The days are passing by & as of this morning the gaping shortfall in my account remains.

• I still have not received the money even though promised the full refund.

Too busy at work to chase the bastards as well but I will, oh yes I will get my full refund.
  • Just thought I'd let you all know I received a full credit to my PayPal account today.

I hadn't even chased them since my last message on here. Maybe they are refunding a few more of you as well.

• kcbkcb ✭✭

I received a full refund today.

Appalling service from mytriathlon but felt it was fair to report that the refund has eventually been made.

• I was running the Capesthorne Half in november which they have now merged with the Arley half, i cant make the new date and been promised a refund to my paypal which was now over 2 weeks ago and still not refund and no reply to any of my contact attempts, Not to be trusted

• Matthew Taylor2 wrote (see)

I was running the Capesthorne Half in november which they have now merged with the Arley half, i cant make the new date and been promised a refund to my paypal which was now over 2 weeks ago and still not refund and no reply to any of my contact attempts, Not to be trusted

I was looking to do Capesthorne but plumped for the 3rd attempt at Arley given the merger and the desire to do my usual autumn HM.

I've run events organised by MT in the past at Tatton in 2012 and Capesthorne in 2013 and on the whole they've been OK. I wasn't aware there had been financial issues with the organisers even if there had been the odd problem with the races such as parking, lack of promised chip timers etc

I assume that the original 6th April race was cancelled more to the clash with the Manchester Marathon and then there have been highways issues (the old health and safety brigade) with some of the races local to us recently so I wasn't that surprised at the reasons for the 2nd cancellation, in July,  more the timing

My worry is now I'm mid-way through training and could be left without a race, as I can't do the 2nd November now (Lancaster HM was an alternative).

Arley Hall have been unable to confirm that the event is definitely going ahead although there is a booking in place by MT for a triathlon on that date

• Arley Hall have confirmed that this Half Marathon is booked in and planned to go ahead, so barring an "act of god" the race should be OK