Are you really a runner...

Comments

• It makes sense to me - if you can trip over your own feet you can make someone else trip over them - it's what judo's all about isn't it? image

• SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭

Triathlon followed by cycling. I'd love to do triathlons but am only a plodder where swimming is concerned.

• Middle distance running followed by triathlon.  Less suited to gymnastics, rugby and diving.  Not rocket science, really.

• KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

Judo for me, which I enjoyed when I was younger and was quite good at. Excellent quiz image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I used to do Judo. My fighting name was Picasso. Because I spent so much time on the canvas.

(Thank you, I'm here all week)

• KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

It makes sense to me - if you can trip over your own feet you can make someone else trip over them - it's what judo's all about isn't it? image

was always my favourite tactic, sometimes I even tripped myself up will trying such a move.

• Hmm cycling but I can't ride a bike.

Did discover today that I'm a dab hand at space hopper racing after staff versus sixth form race today.  Does that count? 

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I got lawn bowls and long distance cycling, with least suited to diving and gymnastics. I swear it was giving my real age caused the answer to be bowls.

• Badminton, squash and table tennis for me. Ok at squash (when I'm fit) but never been much good at the other two.

Avoid Rugby 7's, weightlifting and athletics(sprint). Can't argue with that image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Long distance cycling!  I guess that's not too inaccurate because I can ride a reasonable distance and with a bit of training could do a lot better, but they obviously haven't heard about my track record of falling off!

My second sport should be endurance swimming.  I guess I've got that one nailed

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone really started out as a runner?

Or did they move over from the proper sports like football? image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I started out as a runner, after 15 years of inactivity.  One day I might actually BE a runner

• Cycling and long distance athletics.  The cycling is a crock, because I really tried to be a good cyclist when I was younger and didn't make the grade.

• Stevie G wrote (see)

I hate football so much, and everything that goes with it, from the thuggish jeering through the knuckle dragging louts who watch it.  If I became president, I'd ban it immediately.  Anyone found even kicking a ball in their yard, would be stripped and bummed.

Ok, bit harsh.  Maybe 50 lashes instead.

• so you have missed out on kicking a ball around in the garden with your daughter,,,,,,,sad for both of you....image

• We do so much more instead image

• ho-hum.So many different results and we are all runners/cyclist/swimmers.Pretty basic bbc equation I think.

• DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Stevie G wrote (see)

Now now, I started as a runner.  First race, 5 miles, aged 12.

Although apparently I should now try judo.

Last week I had a crack at archery.  I was surprisingly good at it.  I am now about to look into the not-at-all niche sport of 'Run Archery', apparently an established sport in the Netherlands.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

StevieG, I've only ever done running after 20 years of total inactivity.  It's still the only sport I'm remotely average at.  The bbc thing says I'm cut out for middle distance athletics, which is... wrong-ish but not way off the mark.  I'm definitely better at long, and nothing other than a runner! 

Apparently I am least suited to gymnastics.  That is probably true.  I have the flexibility of a plank of wood.

• tricialitttricialitt ✭✭✭

Well.................I'm rated as "least suited to shooting"- which is odd as I have 2 comonwealth games medals in .........................shooting!. It wants me to be a cyclist.

Not impressed

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

Most suited to hockey which is good as I played for 20 yrs and played to national level.  However I'm least suited to middle distance running, image it comes a little surprising as my summer season has gone ok.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

However I'm least suited to middle distance running, image it comes a little surprising as my summer season has gone ok.

Ha!  Ranked no.1 V40 for the mile for 2014 and not suited to MD running.  image  

Dean - Are you doing the BMAF track champs?  Or will you be practising your shooting?  image I'm in for the 5,000m.

• Tricialit - very similarly surprised here. According tho this I am also least suited to shooting, which is really weird as i am a natural shot, having won prizes for clay shooting as a complete novice.

How curious image apparently I am best suited to badminton (which I've never tried and doesn't appeal in the least).

No mention of running either in the good or bad category image

• Tracey033Tracey033 ✭✭✭

Hockey, Rugby and Long distance cycling -  not gymnastics. But always been athletics for me .... but no mention for me at all??

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

However I'm least suited to middle distance running, image it comes a little surprising as my summer season has gone ok.

Dean - Are you doing the BMAF track champs?  Or will you be practising your shooting?  image I'm in for the 5,000m.

I can't make the champs this yr unfortunately. I saw your name on the list of entries and there is a decent shout of a medal. A couple of low/mid 15 but the rest 16 or slower. Good luck. 

if I was around I would do the 800 / 1500 double.  Unless there were late entries I had the fastest pb on the 1500 by 10 secs and only 2 of us are sub 2 on the 800.   Gutted to miss them as a decent chance of some medals.