Sub 3:30 Gingermagic: #Irunsuccess

Comments

• Ah thanks Angela. Well you know the coaching could have such a positive effect that I'd be daft not to continue beyond April! image

I was happy with the run last night. Nice even pace without having to think about it too much. I'll keep an eye on the hydrogen ions on tonights easy 4.image I entered that half the other day! Shouldn't take me too long to get down there from Ely.

• Awesome... Well, since you'll be in Essex, I may be able to get you into my friends' hot tub party (I'm not joking image) if she has one again after the race!!! image

• Malcs-  2:59 is the target for Manchester- just about on course for it after a really good year! (Still streaking - day 560ish !)

Angela - Nice to see you too! - Looking forward to seeing how you get GM finely tuned!

Tim- Good work on NY - great Twitter pics !

• Running a marathon well is 50% a mental thing, you have done the training, you know you can hit the pace, its all about shutting up that guy on your shoulder when it starts to hurt at 20 miles or so. 

Good to see so many posts on this thread, stick with it Ginger, your in good hands

• Sounds like the ideal recovery after a quick half-marathon Angelaimage

Charles that is incredible! 560 days in a row! Massive kudos to you sir.

Totally right Dave. That's where I was weak last year. 

It was an easy 4 planned for tonight. Went out after work, got absolutely soaked. Got splashed by a passing car as well. Good job I had my hood up and mouth closed. I felt good throughout, a nice comfortable run. Looking forward to seeing how I feel knocking out a couple of 8m/m on Saturday. 

https://www.strava.com/activities/427115329

Just about to go and do my strength workout now. image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Charles - that's excellent! Me too...well, I hope so anyway. What training plan will you be following?

Wow, 560 days is totally amazing!

GM - top work once again! 

lol - yes, I was indeed referring to 'those' trackies image  I would post a picture but I fear I would be blinded by the reflection of the flashimage

So, just to be clear, you're definitely not interested, correct?

• Cheers Malcs! I think I stand out enough with the orange hair. image

• I don't get the trackies thing...
  • Angela, at the bootcamp last year there were some suspect trackies being worn. Like Malcs says, I think the internet would break if we were to post a picture. image

• Hmm I still don't get it... U better post a picture ...
  • Hey! Good luck with your training GM! Hope to see you and Charles at Manchester! Are you at Ashby again next year?

Will be good to have something to lurk on!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Tigger - how is the insomnia? That is one crazy time of day/night to be up!

Angela - ok, ok, here's a photo but please don't complain when people leave this thread in their droves once they see this. The only saving grace is that their true repulsiveness is hard to capture in a photo.

If you want to get a better idea of what they are like then those that survived the experience of seeing them in the flesh may be able to help you...providing they are out of therapy.  

/members/images/448713/Gallery/FullSizeRender3.jpg

• Oh, they have a lovely sheen rather like bin liners... Perhaps that's what they were going for... So you can discard them at the start of your race...
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha - yes you got it in one, think faux leather wet look. I honestly don't know what they were going for or what they were thinking. All their other gear is great but these are like something out of a horror movie image

• Good lord. I had erased that ghastliness from my scarred kind. Thanks for brining it back Malcs!

I'm not committed to a plan yet, but more than likely going to follow this (again)

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/images/asics/ASICS_TRAININGPLANS_Sub 3.00.pdf

Tigger!!! - great that you're doing Manchester too!

Stalking you on Strava now GM- some good mileage being clocked up there mate !
  • Ahhhh, my eyes! Nail on the head Angela. I thought Shady Ady had fashioned his own gear out of some council provided refuse sacks!

Hiya Tigger! Thank you. I won't be at Ashby this time around but hopefully I'll spot you at Manchester. What time you aiming for?
  • Ok, a little warning that I may or may not have time to get on here the next few days. Fairy godmother duties- looking after my nephew so my sis and hubby can have a weekend off...see you on the other side !
  • After a long time lurking (because little running), will be following this thread as I'm also singed up to an Angela 'irunsuccess' plan image

• Oh I had almost managed to forget about those joggers Malcs! We had no idea you didn't like them you hid it so well!!

We are planning a Sub 4 AGAIN! Although I am 18 minutes closer than I was this time last year! Halstead was a bugger last year! Bad timed gel nearly totally wiped me out!

I'm thinking it will be me spotting you GM as you ran straight past me at Ashby!

Which marathon are you doing Rachelcgen?
  • Cheers Charles, I'm stalking you back! image

Hi Rachel! Cool, are doing a spring marathon this year as well? Have you been working with Angela long?

Fair one Tigger. I do get a bit of tunnel vision at times. Well, Manchester is probably going to give you the best chance. It's a great course, pancake flat with good support!

• Tigger, GM   I'm doing Brighton.  I've previously had forum help from Angela for 2014 London; after a terrible year and a bad Paris run this year, decided I needed some proper support again.  Have been signed up for a month so far.  I'm starting from a very low base, so baby steps to build fitness up to start with

• To be fair GM I think I shocked myself spotting you nearly as much as I shocked you by shouting! 

Good luck with Brighton Rachelcgen I was thinking of doing that one!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Come on Superman - where's the report???

GM, Malcs - going back to the rugby, what a game.  You had to feel for Scotland - we were screaming at the TV!  We met South Africans and Australians in the US and they both agreed that it should have been a win for Scotland.  But, as I pointed out, at least they finished heroes rather than getting hammered in the next round!

• Morning! Good to see more and more people joining this thread.

So today was #sub40Saturday as coined by Malcs. To be honest my prep wasn't the greatest. I meant to have a massage on Thursday but had to go to the Lancashire tourist awards and didn't get in until 2! Up early too! Last night was a meal out and I went vegetarian (something I don't normally do) two bottles of wine were drunk along with a pint and a Gran Marnier. Breakfast this morning was coffee and then wine gums washed down with lucozade, yum! I didn't even wear my compression stuff to sleep in (not sure why I do it but I did it once and it worked so I've kept it up - anyone else have weird superstitions?)

So I arrived on the very wet and windy start line not feeling my best. Race went OK until mile 4 and a stitch arrived. However I pushed on and finished in 39:19. Sub40 achieved not my best but my best this year! Not sure what lessons I can take from it either! Should I just prep for races like above or take a monk approach? Any ideas?

Hope everyone has a good weekend of running!
  • Wow Stan! After what you ate/drank last night I'd have been hugging the porcelain for most of the night nevermind run a fast 10k. Awesome time. Next time pay proper attention to your nutrition and you'll be a minute quicker image

Nice to see you tigger and Rachel image. We miss you on the P&D thread, Rachel. I still hang around there for the banter as I'm not exactly P&Ding at the mo.

I've signed Mr. Chick up for a winter running series, so tomorrow I'll pace him to a sub 1hr 10k. He's a bit of a lazy sod but has been quite committed since July when I put him in fat camp image. He started with 15mm runs! These days he does most of his running around 9:30mm so there's potential. He has also lost about 12lbs so far image

Enjoy your weekend.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Amazing stuff Stan!

Well done Mr Chick!
  • Hi everyone! Busy busy day so far. Just about to drive home from Birmingham. Then straight out the door for today's run.

Catch up later!
  • Sports therapist worked on my muscles this morning.Felt the tightness down my outer thigh.After walking home from football have sore glute and thigh. Have really tight muscle which restricts my movement. Don't get pain when running. Just got to do has much stretching as and when i can.

Some really positive feedback on the thread.

Thinking about the Essex 20, might be too close to the Wymondham 20.

• Those sports therapists are a godsend, Martin. I wouldn't be running anymore without mine ...

Had a great day at the first winter series race today. 16 miles done starting with a warm-up loop of 5k, a few laps round the track to wait for the gun., paced hubby for 2 laps to a 54:12 10k, which he's dead chuffed with. He had hoped to go sub 1hr, so that one is chalked off. He came second M60 image

Then I did 2 more laps where the plan was 8mm but I bumped (literally) into a guy at the water station so ran with him chatting all the way at 8:30 pace instead.

He did IM Frankfurt in 40 degree heat image

Conditions were very muddy underfoot as it'd been raining all night and last night's storms blew all the leaves from the trees but it was sunny and warm albeit a bit breezy. Ran in shorts and t-shirt...that hasn't happened before in November ...
  • Rachel, It'll be good to see how you progress throughout the months as well then. With Angela's help I'm sure we'll both be flying by then! I was shocked Tiggerimage

Ah Minni, the rugby! You know I would of fancied us to beat Argentina in the semis. Thats what makes it even more annoying! Then anything can happen in a final, although beating the all-blacks would've been a big ask. I've got nothing but pride for how they performed and conducted themselves after. Let's hope they can carry this on to the six nations next year!

Well done on the sub 40 Stan! Wine gums for breakfast it is from now on. image Hope your back feeling your best again soon Martin. The Essex 20 is amazing value! £6 for affiliated runners, £8 for non. Not too far from Nelson's county either!

Well done on your training and pacing today Chicksta, thats great work! Congrats to Mr Chicksta as well!

I went out and ran an easy 12 today. Stuck to the streets of Ely covering pretty much every pavement it has. There's some nice riverside trails and quiet sections of the city. It felt pretty comfortable today and for the first time in a while 9m/m's were feeling quite slow and I had to hold myself back a bit. Probably something to do with last nights 4M with 2 miles at MP. It took me a few minutes to settle into the 8m/m pace. It felt so quick when I started. Then it started to feel normal again and by the end of the second mile I was in a nice rhythm and not working too hard! Encouraging! 

Here's today's Sunday run. https://www.strava.com/activities/429030922