Gloucester City Marathon 2016

UluruUluru ✭✭✭

Evening runners, 

Has anyone signed up yet for the Gloucester City Marathon? There are early bird entries on sale now for £30 which seems quite good to me after the £50 charged by Bristol to Bath Marathon.

I'm hoping it's not going to be too warm in early August but am drawn to the idea of training in the light, instead of doing lots of long runs in the winter months.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm thinking of signing up, it will be my first full marathon after doing several halves. A bit worried about the risk of it being hot though (I know that's a minimal risk in the UK but still...)

• UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Mmm me too but you're right it's not that likely image. I'm not great in the heat but I'm banking on the 'great British summer' to play it's part. Training will be nicer in the light too
  • Hey all.  Notice there's not been any recent posts about this - but .... has anyone actually signed up for this?  I hear it mentioned - I live in Gloucester - but can't help but feel that the website looks very unprofessional and it's talking about prizes of £2k for winners etc (not that I'm concerned with that) - and just seems, almost like it's not real.  Would  like to do it ... but .... slightly dubious as to the authenticity

• Hi everyone, have signed up for Gloucester. Does anyone know what the routes like? The website looks like a lot is out in the countryside so guessing many open miles in the middle of nowhere rather than the normal carnival atmosphere of a big city race. It's probably the only time I'll say this but fingers crossed for some typical British summer weather.

• the fact that there's only a few posts about this is concerning me too Jase-Runner. I want to sign up, but again feel the website is lacking somewhat and with quite a high entry fee I'm a bit nervous. has anyone else signed up at all?

has there been any more info about it in Gloucester?

• I've signed up for it, along with a few friends. They are reasonably active on Facebook.

• Just signed up. See you there.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

me tooimage.  

Email received yesterday re parking etc., they mention the Park & Ride which I looked at. But the times for a Sunday you wouldn't be able to use the Park & Ride if you wanted to run the race as you wouldn't get to the start line on time!

Hope it's not going to be too hot...we pick up our sunscreen with our race number apparently so at least they've thought of that.

• UluruUluru ✭✭✭

I thought the same thing about the Park and Ride then I wondered if I was missing something. Glad you thought the same thing Shades.

I'm hoping for a cold snap but then I did see mention of another potential hot spell on the news last night image 

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Uluru - I hope the car parks are easy to find, the research I did shows that there are quite a few and it seems that for a Sunday the charge is £2 for the day which is very reasonable.

Nothing we can do about the weather, just wait and seeimage

Ryan - email sent.

• UluruUluru ✭✭✭

£2 is very reasonable. I'm hoping there are signs up but I have already marked some on google maps, so I hope that will work!

• I've just entered this years race. Any feedback from previous editions ? I think they had an issue with water last year ? Hopefully they have learned from that.