working at it slowly

Comments

• Dont tempt me Podds !!!
  • XBXB ✭✭✭
    Right. That's enough from me. Early to bed...and I might get a lsr before brekky. Got some proper work tomorrow - pitching for a wee project,
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Gosh Meldy, that's a fair amount of races! image I'm actually quite jealous. Tailed off on the old plodding again over the past couple of weeks with this silly thyroid playing up, just don't feel like it when walking up the road is an effort! Ah well, hopefully sorted out soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~vibes for the waister intervieweeees tomorrow!~~~~~~~~~~~

Glad you're back from your trip XB! Robin Hood's Bay is gorgeous image

Spotted a cheery van in the street earlier - unfortunately it's not for sale image But did almost consider popping into the chippy and offering them a part exchange... image
  • What were you going to offer them in exchange Daffs?     image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

A bag of chips?

Anyone got some will power going spare? image

• You dont need will power young lady, you need patience !!!!
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

it's not about running it's about eating cake.........image

I need to lose half a stone.

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Lol you lot! It was parked outside the chippy image It does rather make me laugh about offering ours when people say they want part exchange... image Almost worth trying it for the look on their faces I think! image

Chuck that cake over here if you ain't going to eat it Spence (although I've got a good stone and a half to go, pah!)
  • Limit the cake rather than give it up, you are more likely to succeed  image

Right,  back tomorrow teatime I imagine

Night all x
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I'm watching channel 4, I think I'm going to get annoyed & a bit sad.
  • Just looked in to get the news, and most of it's good!

Dl, agiant cheer for you!!! Sounds like a great job, and one you'll do awfully well. And really important, too, cos 'the disaffected and disengaged' really need and deserve the extra support. Hooray for you!

Also for Pipette! How lovely for her to have done so well! You must be dead chuffed, the whole family image)))

• And many vibes for emma and larry for the interviews, and for XB's project pitch!
    And basically good news, Spwnce. Seems XB was right, yet again?!?
    Sluggie, not such good news for you but is'sucky you're such a good cyclist now. At least you aren't totally stranded!
    Melds, when I see your race list I realise it's true what thry say: you really are Superwoman. Either that or totally and completely off your rocker! image))
    Finally cool enough to sleep so I'm off to bed. Sleep well, all (specially hope your littlie feels better and you all get some sleep, Jay!) xxx
  • imageimageimageimageimage WELL DONE DL!!!!!!!! hope you manage to renegotiate the notice period.  Bed for me, got to drive to Crewe in the morning image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Anyone else watching channel 4? image

Night, night from me too

My boy's off on a residential trip tomorrow till Friday, bless he's so excited image

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Am I first in?? Good heavens!

Good luck Emma - is Crewe for your job? I'm guessing it's not the lunchtime supervisor one then! Aren't you a bit of a hike from Crewe? I'm guessing it must be quite an exciting job if you're willing to travel that far! Good luck anyway image

And for you tooLarry! If this was unexpected, does that mean you didn't even apply for it?? Headhunted??? How exciting!

Both of you let us know how you got on!

Best dash, got a train to catch...

xx
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

~~~Larry~~~, ~~~Emma~~~, ~~~XB~~~

I have heard from OSN. He's not running but finding other things to keep him occupied and sends his regards.

Hope everyone got a better night's sleep - MS slept in the spare room (first time ever, I think) and I got  a solid 7 hours image!

The week started gently yesterday as I was at the hozzie in the morning so only did half a day. Busy-busy with both a Doc and nurse on holiday. However, I can only do what I can do.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

• morning all

~~~~~~~~for job seekers~~~~~~~

imageimageimageimageimagefor job obtainers imageimageimageimageimage

and ((((for those who have to redesign their life without running)))) - it can happen lots of people do it

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Morningimage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Emma~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Larry~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

working all day, playing in reception this afternoon.image

(((((WIN))))

• Morning All

Lady Sue of Waddlerton http://www.justgiving.com/Sue-Shannon-Jones wrote (see

((((for those who have to redesign their life without running)))) -

Why the hugs for them? - I could soooooooooooo easily redesign my life without running - in fact the 3 week lay off post Bala has been most enjoyable - haven't missed it, have been less stressed and more chilled image  Only thing that keeps me doing it is the social side - and in fact the advantage of tri is less running required image

~~~~~~~~~~~larry and emma~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sluggie - do your drs and nurses ever work?  It seems that every week there's at least one of each off!!

• YumsYums ✭✭✭

~~~~~~~~~~~Emma~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~Larry~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~XB~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woop woop, DL image Hoobacious news. t'is a reet shame the WAISTer southern division is losing another one to the northern division though

(((sluggy))) Disappointing news but yhe cycling is coming along so well you could be the cycling person for the Stratty tri relay ...... image

Chuggs, that sounds so much like my kinda afternoon image And you're right, the WAISters so would have fitted in image  C3 is doing some wonderful stuff with the oline Samaritan type thing. It makes such a difference to people knowing someone is listening and cares image

I was actually thinking of sending the kids to you for a holiday, westie. All that fresh air and walking - do them the power of good image

Keeley, I', with you on the kid thing. No 2 pulle a fast one a couple of times. Once I realised this I  kept him in bed all day - seemed to do the trick !

woop woop Pippette - officially a brainbox image Wonderful image

DG has got wise to leaping off the sofa when your return, Podds ? Smart chap image

Life here ok. Have made appt to go ahead with major toofy peg work. few bits to sort but first scaffolding to go on end of August, then teef removal, more scaffolding and then the wires. Lady at work having it done. When the wires are tightened on a friday she barely eats until tuesday - even porage was difficult image Occured to me yesterday that many things I do are to dictarct me from the fact I'm long term single, pierecing, enlightenment workshops, triathlons/cycling, dog and now teeth.  Don't get me wrong, they've all been sensibly thought through and I they all been good choices image 

44 and braces. Not going to help much in the pulling stakes but at least I can blame that as to why I'm single, rather than the actual miriad of reasons.

Anyway, enough cheeryness from me image

WAIST well

x

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

Happy, sunny day here - have been and plodded - but I'm with you Podds - it would be so much easier not to!

Hope you have a vantastic day Daffers

~~~~~~~~~~~~Larry and Emma~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~XB~~~~~

Happy Tuesday all

• DLDL ✭✭✭

Didn't see you there Yums.

Never noticed your teeth when we've met but if it makes you happy - you go girl! Can't imagine why anyone would pay for pain when M..eldy seems to dole it out for free though image

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    More vibes for the job hunters!

(did Berry ever hear back from hers?)

ON my own at work, there's a palava already, and I had to ring someone else to sort it out - very silly, but I'm not sure I have the persuasive powers yet to do it properly! And someone I could do with speaking to isn't in until tomorrow, when I'm not in.

Fortunately - at work all day means no vans fiasco, and I'm finally meeting Beanzie for knitting and lunch, which is good, cos I've reached a completely baffling point in my knitting pattern and need some expert advice... image

(((((((((((((waisters)))))))))))
  • Shh just sneaking on quickly in work to wish ECC good luck with her interview ~~~ECC~~~

Be back later.

• Morning all and lots of luck for the interviews ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dog walked , Dentist visited only to be told this is just a check up I will want about 30 mins to do the treatment so will see you again August. Sh*t have to go through that again.

Ymmy send them up I'll hide them in the hills for you. Weather permitting i am looking to go walking for a few days next week with a bit of wild camping thrown in. Mrs will be at the caravan with midge so here'sto good weather.

M.eldy you are as mad as a box of frogs and should be as fit as anyone after that program image

• morning

I've returnd from my glorious holiday and have some strange sun tan patchworks to prove it!!!

I returned safe and sound, but my luggage didnt, aparently its somewhere in Gatwick now!  hope it arrives soon or I'm gonna run out of knickers!!!!  image

Hard times for the tourist industry at the moment and where I used to envy their simple lifestyle in Greece, its a worring time for them now.

And now have major holiday blues, I nearly cried when I walked in this morning  image  I'm gonna give it a few weeks, if I still feel like I still hate my job then I have to make some serious decisions about changing something.  I really really want to work with animals either in a shelter or something like that, but of course I have no experience at all and I'm sure there are a lot of people like me.  We'll see

I'm with Podds on the plodding front, my life can do without it, but my mental state probably cant!  I havent been yet as my Ipod is in my case (still on its holidays!) but really need to start doing something this week.

Hope everyone is ok and doing fine, I'll try to keep up, but my laptop is still dead and now my internet phone is dead because I charger is in my case too  image

Anyway, better try and work out this new procedure coming into play and work out what the hell its all about.

laters

• morning all,

I have read back....and forgotten most of it...sorry image

but i remember i need to send job vibes image

Awww Snaily it is a horrible feeling when you return from being away.image

plodded round Dorney lake. 5k, r2/w2 36.27 minutes imageimage that is my R4L distance

All children where they should be. Today is my weekend. not back until 1815 thursday

((((WAISTers))))

• ~~~Larry and Emma~~~ Interview well!

That reminds me I need to call back the place I went to to find out when I'll hear.

• Afternoon all.

Just enjoying my lunch.

Today has been OK in work, day has gone quick so far.

Twin 1 wasnt sick any further during the night, and seemed OK munching on his toast this morning.

But I was awoke at 5 am this morning to sight of him just staring at me in the bedroom.... strange.