working at it slowly

Comments

• XBXB ✭✭✭
    Spence wrote (see)

45mins r4/w1 really struggling atm

Mr G would tell you not to do r4w1 if it's a struggle. Try something different. r3w2 is a wonderfully relaxing way to run without it feeling too much of an effort.

I've never heard of William James.

• Afternoon all,

<wanders over with fresh coffee, but no biccies> (sorry!)

Oh stiil off for couple of days to ease us back into normality after hols and so we're spending pleasant day pootling about, catching up with stuff.  Had nice wee run this morning  - took it very easy indeed for first mile (sort of shuffled along rather than jogging), then did another 2 miles of run 4 w 1.  It felt v pleasant I have to say, so I'll keep on with that ratio and see how it goes.

(((Sluggy))))

POdds~~~~~~~~~~~on the occasions that I find myself missing the cut and thrust of office life, i remind myself of the pillocks I had to deal with on occasions and miraculously, the urge to do it all again just disappeared.......

xx

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

The personal comments on daughts report have made me image but in a image way, she has done well in her SATs too, but she is obviously a very nice person, which is rather more important image

I think they'll made a typo on the boys' reading result, not getting excited about that until I've checked!! image

• Woohoo, great going the Spencelets! Isn't it lovely to see them doing well? (I put it down to upbringing myself! image)

Yep, I think all of us can sympathise, Podds. I never know what to say to people who seem to regard doing their jobs as sort of optional----whether the issue is performing tasks, or dealing with other peple, or whatever. In my former life I had a younger colleague who was unspeakably rude to clients. I prayed he would never report to me, because I would have busted him for sure. Although I'm not given to rages, I absolutely will not tolerate unprofessional behaviour

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I put my notice up in the staff room, there was one roll of the eyes  from the girl who always expects me to drive.......but she quickly put her name on the list!! Only one place left image
  • Podds - I hear your pain (and often rant about the same things)  it did make me laugh thoughimage

I've had to tell my team today about office chatter - its doing my friggin head in - I dont want to destroy the office banter but we are here to WORK!

AAAAAAAAAND a situation in our office recently, one woman who was "seconded" out because she underminded everything I did and the team was ready to kill her, has now got a perm job out of our office, the other moaner in the office pipes up (in a right huff) "oh she get a better job blah blah bloody blah"  WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, SHES OUT OF OUR HAIR!

I dont understand where people think they are entitled to get more pay / better hours / flexible working without a bit of give from them.

Oh OH dont get me talking about "flexible working"    example 1 - I worked over 10mins on mon / tue / wed / thu so can I finish an hour early on Friday

WHAT????!!!!  image

10 MINUTES IS NOT WORKING OVER IS SHUTTING THE BLODDY COMPUTER OFF AND HAVING A NATTER ABOUT WHATS FOR TEA!!!!

I can feel my blood pressure rising Podds!!! 

off home to chill - tea is "cooked" for me tonight, Mr Snail is doing a salad!!!  image   Sounds very healthy but he will have also done chips, cheese, scotch eggs and a number of other unhealthy things with it!!

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

((Podds and Snaily))

JFF, good to know that you're OK.

• Everything I do today is finished with 'well I got away with that one'

Even went to a different shop so I didnt take the chance of crossing the road  image

Podds and Snaily, although I miss work it has been nice to have a break from Office politics
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

((((((podds & snaily))))))

Off to yr 6 performance image

• wow lots of angry work rants today.... Can I join in with one please....

Well as you may be aware I work in small office with women, i'm outnumbered 5-1 anyway the 2 women/young ladies on the other side of the office despite spending Saturday night out with each other are intent on discussing their whole weekend again, what they were wearing what other people were wearing... Oh my god it gets me crazy then they start talking about these Twilight movies and whether they're team Edward or Team Jacob!!!!!!!

I wish I could wear my iPod at my desk.... I really do.

• Evening all.

Have read back, you chatty lot image

I am having a sneaky restday today....really poor excuse...... I have just washed my sports bra ...hahahaha.

sorry to hear about the car Meldy image

Jay, hope your tummy feels better soon.

Hugs for work moans.

office politics meldy...surely not! have you ever read the discussion forums on the intranet. there was once one with a thread title 'there was an outbreak of good morale in the control room tonight....it was quickly squashed!!!' made me chuckle.

two weeks left of school hooray.

i'm really sorry about my lack of punctuation, cba to push shift key...lol
  • Funny enough I glanced at the forum today and it has not been used since March!   Says a lot really  image
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Good evening

That's Monday d&d.

• It certainly is, bring on Tuesday I am ready for it
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

I need to check the spelling of Asshole for the Roth trackerimage

and they better have thier iPod on shuffle as well 

How many years ago was that !!

Lets hope this year is a few hours less eh?
  • XB wrote (see)

I need to check the spelling of Asshole for the Roth trackerimage

ooohhh i nearly spat tea over my keyboard at that.
  • evening all

I read back, sometimes I pop in for a lurk at lunchtime in work just to save time in the evening, but still cannot pick up on threads of conversations!

notalot happening here, I've been off colour for quite sometime, since coming back from China by my reckoning, but seem to be on the up now - fingers crossed

Chuggy was asking the other day which is why I mention it

HWMBT is as ever - and WM twisted her ankle, took a few days off running and has not gone back --yet image

• Sue, lets hope the upward trend continues,   do you think you brought something back from China then?
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Lets hope this year is a few hours less eh?

Yes, it would be nice if you finished before bedtime for once image.

Sue, I'm glad that you're finally feeling better and that HWMBT is OK. Please give our love to WM and tell her that we miss her.

• Sue hopefully things are getting better for you.

(((WM)))

Right well i'm off to cook tea, i'm hungry thats a good sign I suppose.

Anyway I wont be on again tonight, going to watch some tv with my lady and then head to bed... so night all.

I'll check in tomorrow lunch time

• M...eldy wrote (see)
    ,   do you think you brought something back from China then?

probably, some of us had a rather violent virus while up in the mountains, it travelled around the group over the course of a week. I'm wondering if it just hung around me. It's not like me to be unwell, I usually shake things off pretty quickly.  Fingers crossed I'm over it though, my energy levels and activity is increasing and I've not been wiped  out for days after doing something a bit strenous like I've been.

The ironic thing is, that HWMBT is the one who gets polaxed when we go overseas - places like Spain and Greece see him in bed for days recovering from "something he ate", while I can drink the water and eat anything with no ill effect. This time however, the boot was on the other foot. It has rather put me off going back to China which is a great shame as I enjoyed it so very much.

Nite Jay

• It would be easier to deal with if you knew what it was that got you
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    ((((((((((Sue)))))))))))) sorry you're still under the weather image Hope you're picking up soon

((((((((((((snaily and podds and other work-related-ranters)))))))))))))))) Probably shouldn't mention that I love my job and had a perfectly acceptable day at work today image Mind you, spent most of it on my central induction course - narrowly missed out on winning a University mug in the quiz (darn it!), wandered round the campus past lots of geese in the rain, and learned all about HR and health and safety and the university senior management structure... good to know I suppose! Then a couple of hours actual work. SO glad I don't work in an open office with lots of Horrid Fiends though! Just two of us in our office - and we're both lovely image

Soooooooo tired today though. 6 hours (very disturbed) sleep, a 7am train, 6 hours of powerpoint, too many biscuits, 9 miles of cycling, and 2 hours of train journeys spent PhDing do not a well rested Daffs make!! Fortunately Mr Daffs made pancakes (with rocket from the garden and peppers from the windowsill imageimage), and is now running me a bath imageimageimage

Last chance to buy our van folks image 2.5 hours left on ebay, and only one bidder... (I know I only need one! but I'm a bit sad to get rid of it and wanted people to be excited over it, lol!)

Meldy, that video brought a tear to my eye as it always does - every time I watch it I want to do it myself! (and you know that will never happen, can barely get out the door for a plod at the min image)
  • image trial by fire today, 1st day and it was a wet playtime!
  • You should have had a wee before you went outside!