Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

morning

(((M...eldy))) - I suspect that she will be quite pragmatic about it all.

I wonder if the stress and worry she's had over *that* neighbour and her car has influenced this in anyway. She had trouble breathing so she may have some sort of chest infection, the immune system can  take a knocking when stressed.

At least she has the Pirates and us to help cushion the blow.

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    I bet she's still drinking image
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Morning

LOL, Daffs. It's a double pisser when she trained so hard and got herself into great shape.

She'll be back. Stronger. <Wibble>

Monday. Bleurgh. Last one for a whle thoughimage

• Options
    FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭

Morning,

XB, are Mondays being removed from the calendar?

Plan this evening is swimming and then circuits.  I've told you now so that I can't 'forget' tonight when I can't be bothered.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Morning, last Monday here for a while too image

Hope meldy is ok this morning, I suspect she's the only one in the lounge who could have got to the start line.

I mean, who else would be mad enough to do that kind of training!!!

will be lovely to have 3 WAISTers to support next year!! image

((((WIN)))))

• Options

G''day each,

What a bummer for Meldy. 

I guess we'll have a 'Stewards Enquiry' when she gets back.  I admit to being a bit confused as the website was showing her bike speed as being very good.

She must be so disappointed after all her hard work.  One bad day and that's it.

A day of working in the grounds of Nog Towers for me. 

I'm a bit jaded after yesterdays tough ride.  On some of the climbs yesterday I was dancing on the pedals like Alberto Contador.

That's an Alberto Contador who has gained 4 stone, added 7 inches to his height and discovered beer and pies.

• Options
    AmandaxAmandax ✭✭✭

Morning

According to roth thread Melds was stung by a wasp  on her derriere aka bum. Maybe allergic reaction was what affected breathing?

Off to move FIL into respite care for a week.Smear test first though. Then over to pick up freind who dislocated shoulder and so  cant drive. Back  to do housework and I may make running club.Have a 5k run Wednesday eve so need to do  something

• Options
    That was one brave wasp.
  • Options

morning

(((((((Melds)))))) - what a bummer! oops, norty wasp!

knowing our Meldy, she will bounce back and take this in her stride - hopefully she's had a few pints of guiness to ease the pain

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

Blimey, amandax, that sounds like a heavy day.

Still thinking of Melds. As XB says, she will probably come back even stronger - which should make us all very afraid image. I suspect she'll be peed off about not being allowed to finish, but it might have been for the best, no point in damaging herself.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well  xxxxx

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morning image

Daffy, love your training theory image  XB has already started by getting rid of Mondays

Still, least M..eldy has some fun runs over the next few months image

Careful, FP... you're heading dangerously close to a tri training plan there image

imagerse - just felt like saying it  - work is looking hectic over summer due to deadlines and leave and me juggling hrs etc

WAIST well

x

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    How is the *rse this morning, snothead?
  • Options

If you can, have a look at the Tour particularly tomorrow, better still, Wednesday.

They race over the Col du Tourmalet both ways.  Tomorrow it's in the middle of the stage in one direction, but on Wednesday they finish at the summit from the other direction.

That's one of the climbs I want to do.  No, I'm wrong, it's one of the climbs I have to do.

Later

• Options

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((M.....Eldy)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) you are so brave, we all love you and have the greatest respect for you.

• Options
    ((((meldy)))))

Read back but no time to post anything else

Catch up later x
  • Options
    ((((((((melds))))))
  • Options

Morning.

Couldn't sleep for ages last night - not used to all that excitement  / trauma before bed!

I have the lights on here as it's so bloomin' dark and it is absolutely tipping it down! WTF - it's JULY FF's S! image

• Options

Morning All

Weather here is image

I am image

Nuff said - laters

• Options
    ((meldy))

I would just like to point out that I was not watching the live feed or cams. I am making this clear as I am apparently the one who makes football/rugby teams lose, riders fall off their motorbikes and f1 drivers crash when I decide to watch them on the tv.

Chin up chick.

Waves and hugs for the rest of you.

Off training today r2/w2, taking a friend from work,
    just to show him the WAISters way.

Then I am in at work at 1500hrs

• Options

oh shite, we are in for it when Meldy gets back!!!  Hope you've all been training hard or she is gonna kick our ass!!!

(((Meldy)))  I've just got the news, what an absolute bugger, but I hope she is ok, and looks forward to the next iron.  But I did have a snigger that she got stung on her bottom!  It could only happen to a WAISTer!!!  image   ~~~~~~~~~~~~ some vibes for meldy. 

Did 5k this morning, it wasnt pretty, but I'm back motivated with the diet/training plan, so here goes a new week  and a new start image   Bike still hasnt been sorted yet, and I feel WAY off tri fitness, but I'll get there.

Happy monday everyone ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ vibes for monday blues

• Options

Morning all, happy Monday.

Oh no, poor (((Meldy))) and poor (((wasp)))! So near and yet so far. Hope you're OK, Iron Maiden.

• Options

Morning all

M.eldy have lots of ((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))) you deserve better after all the training but you will be back even stronger.

OK off to the Physio again this morning for more ouch ouch ouch

back later

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I had to laugh at that poor wasp! Brave, brave creature...

Got to work, and I have to fill in a CV - a CV! - for some silly bod in another office somewhere to give me approval to do something that is part of my job. The CV 'template' is more complicated than the bloody application form for the job in the first place! Grr.

What's up Podds??
  • Options

WEll done Keeley and Snaily!

Podds - you're not still in school are you??!  When do you lads get hols?!  Good grief, Irish teachers get  way better deal re: hols i reckon...

Daffy - oh the joys of bloomin' bureaucracy in the work place.  At oh's work (which is with a well-known multinational PC Company), OH's boss has to ring Big Cheese in the States every time he wants to make the 6 mile journey from the main irish site, to the one where OH works, - even if this is middle of the night American timeimage So ridiculous - BiG Cheese in States agrees that this is completely stupid, but it has been decreed on high by even Bigger Cheese, lest someone in Ireland makes an unnecessary journey, thereby wasting petrol allowance. Pillocks.

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Proper morning wave now

Very rude of me to pop in and only focus on M...eldy's @rse - but it was kind of in my face and hard to ignore. Total bummer for her <snigger>

So - wooooooooo hooooooo Yums - sounds like you'll soon be ready for some of those scary hills that Noggs has been pointing out.

Sluggie - glad to hear you're off the morphine and able to sneeze again

Would like to read your CV Daffers - can't quite imagine it.

(((((((Podds))))) nearly the end of term

yay to anyone who has managed to get out there and plod

((((((())))))) to people with poorly bits

Did read back but it was a while ago and it all fell out of my head  - sorry

I'm going on holiday on Wednesday so I'm finding it hard to focus on anything very much

Happy sparkly new week, full of possibilities and hope, everyone

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

(((Podds))), (((Daffy)))

Where ya goin, DL?

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Don't blame you for not concentrating DL! In fact, you may as well down tools and start partying now image How's the house moving going??

As for my CV image this one will be (very!) edited highlights... Mostly to prove I have the necessary qualifications and experience for bothering important people while they're trying to have a tea break image Which I do image

Heather - how ludicrous! Probably costs more for a phone call to the states than 6 miles of petrol!
  • Options
    heatherd wrote (see)

Podds - you're not still in school are you??!  When do you lads get hols?!  Good grief, Irish teachers get  way better deal re: hols i reckon...

Sadly yes HH and due to the job I do, I don't get school hols either - I'm full time full time as it's technically known!!  Our kiddies are let loose on Friday although a few schools finish a few days earlier than us

That bureaucracy sounds truly ridiculous at your OH's company....

Yes Yums - of course, Noggy can now train 2 ladies can't he - no longer will Meldy be the sole focus of his wisdom and experience but you'll find yourself roped in too image  good luck image

<picks up DL's thoughts and carefully puts them in a box for future collection>