working at it slowly

Comments

• Just whizzing through, but

(((((((((((((((((Snaunty and Snaily)))))))))))))))))))
    What a worrying development, Snaily. She must be very anxious. But as you said, she really needs to be there, and hopefully they will be able to help her. Vibing hard that they can get the infection under control quickly, and the op will go quickly and smoothly. Please keep us posted. xxx

WESTIE! Brilliant to see you, and grand news that you're back in Fife! I presume Scott's staying with you at the moment?

Time seems to be out of control at the moment, must go and try to finish things I should have done hours ago..
  • Q on here tonight innit?

Noggs ... very much weather permitting but it doesnt look too bad for the morrow,  I shall be leaving home around 1200 I would think for a loop and a bit, if it is chucking it down I shall swim and re-evaluate   image

Text me before 12 if you want to rendevous in Waddesdon-ish

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Mock the week & bed image image

• TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

sorry, not read back but here's some ((((( big ones )))))

and some woo hoos

and some cyber cake and coffee

((((waisters)))))

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    It's quiet cos Sluggy's away... image
  • Morning all. Levered myself out of bed early to get in a chugette before we go to Bergerac for the supermarket. Rossie and I both need to shake our leggies!

I think pompoms of some sort or at least loud cheers may be in order for Melds and/or Noggie for today? If so, consider poms pommed and cheers cheered!

(((((((((((((((((Snaily and Snaunty)))))))))))))))))))

Quick question for cat people: Truffie has a bit of discharge from her eyelid. Not the eye, cos she opens her eye and it's clear; but when her eye is closed you can see it. The v-e-t is always traumatic, and we don't know the one here. Should I see if it clears up? Take her in straightaway? Try just to clean it?

Right, I'm off. Happy days all!

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Thanks Chuggs I'm eating me toast image

Go Go Meldy & Noggin image sounds like madness to me ! image

• morning

I'd try tepid salt water Chuggs, start from the inside and wipe out using a different cotton ball each time. Should do the trick unless she has a thorn or something in there.

I forgot to say, my students did even better than I had calculated, both the Masters students got merit (this is just the taught part for them, they could now get a distinction if the dissertations are as good). The rest had 2:1, with one on a 2:2. Shining stars the lot of them image

(((Snaily and family))) tough times

Enjoy the bike rides Melds and Nogs - btw Nogs, if you see this what was that weedkiller you could only buy online that you recomended?

• YumsYums ✭✭✭

Me, normal ? Flippin cheek image

woo hoo, Sue. What a faberoony teacher you must be - knowledgable and clearly kept your students engaged and enthusiastic - letting them see the exam paper was also a smart move image

welcome home, Westie - good to see you and so glad Scott is on the mend.

Go M...eldy and Noggs <does reverse rain dance>

((truffie's eye)))  beregerac, Chuggs ? Give my mother's regards to John Nettles (she fancies him)

Was given something of a challenge at work image

• Morning, Sue. What really splendid results for your student! Must be so gratifying, both to see their hard work rewarded and to know that you had a real influence on their doing so well image))))

And thanks for the salt water idea. I'll try that (having laid in plenty of iodine for the inevitable wounds!). I will always take an animal to the vet if they need it, but sometimes I think that with them, as with people, a little common sense and TLC will take care of a lot of things and spare them the trauma.

Nice 3 miles done, more walk than run I admit, but not only is it hilly, but the minute the sun comes out the temperature zooms. It was 9 C when I left and 18 when I got back!
  • Morning all, had a good nights sleep for the first time in ages. Scott is staying with us for a while  (I don't think his mum would let him go home anyway ).
    So much has gone on with the waister group that i don't stand a chance of remembering any of the stuff you have all being up to.

I will just ease my way back into the flow of things again so lots of ((((((((((((((()))))))))))))) to you all as I have lots of things to catch up on now we are home( even the car insurance which I had forgot about )

have a good one

• Sorry Melds, I'm afraid I have to sit on the sidelines today, along with the fat, wheezy boys with their notes from Matron  and the half time oranges.

Two reasons for this.  I thought you were talking about next Friday and although it looks like my work will be shortlived today because of the weather, I also have HL's oldies arriving late morning so will be on duty.

I think you'll be struggling with the weather too.

Other than that, bu88er all to report from Nogworld.

Later

• Westie, take plenty of time for R & R - all of you.
  • Morning all

Sorry haven't read back - there are far too many posts and I am going shopping!!!

(((WIN))))

• Nogs, hope the weather cooperates (whether you want it to rain or to hold off!) and that the weekend goes well for you all. It's bound to have some emotional moments, but your support for HL and her mum will be very steadying for them both---and her father too, of course. Thinking of you all.

Westie, it's just so good to have you back, with Scott well on the mend! How is he doing now? I suppose he's already trying to work out when he can do his next mountain marathon, but this time around he really will have to take his time and recover properly!

Flibs, hope you find just what you like in the shops, on sale! image)

Yums, alas, Bergerac is more Cyrano than John Nettles image) It's actually an old Roman port city on the Dordogne, the landing place that used to be wharves is now a car park but the city still has a lovely old mediaeval centre. We don't go in there often, though; fraid we're going to the hypermarket on a roundabout outside town!
  • FootpatherFootpather ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Just had a quick read back.

(((((~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SNAUNTY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)))))) Just when it seemed to be going better too.

((((((WESTIE AND FAMILY))))))) Glad you are home, that always seems to help. Hope Scott is improving well.

Great Chug, Chuggie. Don't think we went to Bergerac but I would love to go back to that cottage in France. It was one of our best holidays. It was the freedom that we enjoyed, do what we wanted, when we wanted.

Meldy, hope the weather stays good for you. When's the IM?

I went with my friend to hospital yesterday as she was having an op on her breasts (inverted nipples, no jokes please). She had it done last year and they boobed (oh ok some jokes then) so she had to have it done again. I waited with her for a couple of hours and then went to pick her up afterwards. They would only let her out if she had someone with her overnight so I stopped at hers. She threw up on the way home and several more times later. This morning she still feels nauseous but has the runs as well. Had to leave her though as I am going to Derbyshire this afty for the weekend with the Disabled Cycling Club.

No more news from the police regarding OH's assault. Saw one of the witnesses yesterday and he kept apologising for his race!!! (He's Asian). Lovely chap.
  • Morning all image

(((Snaily and Snaunty)))

Greta news Westie!

Ooh, there's a Yums! *waves* We must formulate a Cunning Plan for the Big Girl's Blouse next week soon!

Bergerac sounds lovely, Chuggs. There's supposed to be great food thereabouts too.

FP scary stuff about you OH. Hope they get the barstewards. And thanks for keeping us abreast of your friend's op. You're a good pal.

Not boding well for Sunday's RFL. I had an asthma attck after my plodette last night, the first in ages. Not severe, but it kept me awake with breathe, breathe, wheeze, cough, rinse and repeat. Think I'm still a bit chesty after my cold, so will have to keep it easy.

• Morning All

Congrats Sue on your educating of your students - as someone said it's all down to good teaching and guidance image

Westie - really glad you're all home again now - things never seem quite so bad in familiar surroudings do they

Hey there Yummy - I was wondering where you were...  Sadly I won't be able to spectate the big girls' blouse (and i was really looking forward to it too) as I'm at a family do in Cheshire the saturday night that weekend and then overnighting outside Stockport before heading home on the sunday - which according to the AA routemaster is a bogging long way! I was really hoping to catch up with you and Berry again too.... image

FP - how lovely of your witness chap to speak to you but how sad he feels he has to apologise for his race

(((((((Snaunty and FPs pal)))))))))))))))

This morning I have set up and started 2 GCSEs and solved a colleagues IT reporting problems and of course most importantly now caught up with WAISTers image Best go do some work now I guess image

(((Berry))) I'm looking forward to hearing about the big girls blouse. Sounds like something I would like to do. You will have to do a 'Mick'n'Phil' "easy, easy, easy"

Talking of them have we heard anymore from Mick recently?

• AmandaxAmandax ✭✭✭

Morning

Thanks for vibes earlier in week re job review.It was ok,  not sure quite what purpose it served.They are definitely looking at monitoring and targets etc which actually my dept do quite well. Lot of discussion about the qualitative side of my role which is much harder for executive board to get.

They - the external  bods - will  send recomendations to board July .What will happen then is anyones guess.

Home is bit manic too at mo, boys both have work experiences, orthodentists, driving lessons, school trips, new jobs, etc etc and I feel like I am juggling a hundred things. Roll on 1st July - weekend away with a good friend. Think my mobile may "accidently" get turned off !

• AmandaxAmandax ✭✭✭
    PS If I havent used up my vibe quota can I have some for tonight - doing 5k race and weather forecast is less than good.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AMANDAX~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    ~~~~~~~~~amanda~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope they find them FP

Just come back from the hospital. not the usual doc, but very lovely - although I got outside with instructions to take more tablets - and no prescription... had to battle my way back in again, got out AGAIN and realised I have no idea whether I'm meant to be taking the old tablets as well.... image

(but last time this happened I took both til I felt better to stop the beta blockers, so that's what I'll do).

They're now getting my thyroid in working order before referring me to the surgeon to have it taken out. Seems a bit pointless to bother making it work first! image And I'm not entirely sure why I can't be on the surgeon's waiting list *while* they're sorting me out, rather than *After*, but still! Should be around September ish I think - although I have no idea if that's when I actually meet the surgeon or when they do it, and it all depends how long it takes to get me back to 'normal' now...

Anyway, that appears to have taken the entire morning - eek!
  • ~~~~~~~~Amandax~~~~~~~~~~~ and it sounds like a nice weekend away is just what you need!

what a faff Daffs! fingers crossed it all gets sorted out in September!

• FP - Mick writes a blog over on Fetch and he's just got back form his holidays - think he's planning on getting back to racing again soon.
    Thanks Jenni.

(((((((Daffs))))))) What a palaver! Hope you are more your cheery self soon.
    Right, waiting for my lift and then I will be back from Derbyshire on Sunday evening. Have a good one everyone.
  • Have a good weekend FP

Oh dear Daffy image does sound odd to want to sort thyroid before hoicking it out if that's the final decision..

Now I need advice...

On Monday my leg was so bad I could barely walk on it

All week I've been icing for britain, strapping it and trying my hardest to stay off it - obviously within the confines of exams and dogs!!

Today it is only sore not painful, I am no longer strapping it and I've tried the bike unclipping motion and there is no pain whatsoever

I haven't trained since last weekend and the weather forecast tomorrow is not great

The BIG race of the year is only 5 weeks away now and I feel horribly undertrained

Question: Do I go on the group cycle (likely to be around 50 miles) tomorrow or not?

• crikey! don't ask me Podds

MELDY.................