The 2016 LG PSOF Kit Order Thread

Comments

• FF - I've checked the description very carefully and the gilet is a mesh back.  Have a look at the link. I don't think it's the one you want.

• Here we go......

Those that are considering getting a Gilet any chance we can look at the Windry version they do and not the one that link is to, it has the same material on the back as front and not the mesh version that let the rain in.

I only want a gilet if it's the one listed by Schmunkee.
  • Um, can we have 2x pairs shorts please image

• Daylight Baby wrote (see)

Can we have it in pink? image

Ohh those were the days   image

• I'm going to be wanting a gilet too. I'd go for either but if I had to make a choice then I'd prefer one of the type Flat Footed mentions.

• Not sure where my last post went ? I'd like a ladies tank, team T and if full zipper a cycle top
  • Booo wrote (see)

At the risk of causing a kerfuffle, would there be any other interest for the Men's (or ladies) Team T.

http://custom.louisgarneau.com/products/index.asp?category=tops&categories=triathlon&style_no=6M20889

Reason being, I really, really, really don't get on with the completely armless Monaco style top, so looking for something else for the run section.  

I too like the idea of a pirate tech Team T-shirt. Any others fancy a yellow t-shirt for your race wardrobe ? Lets see if we can meet minimum numbers.

• yeah, I'd probably go for a tech T shirt...

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • I'd go for a t-shirt too.  

I'll look a bobby dazzler at Parkrun!

• Just to save Barley - and others - saying it again .......

Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Running kit

In the past ive argued strongly against pirate running kit and will do so again here.

My reasoning is that the pirates are a tri club and ironman focused.  Now you might wonder ‘but we have cycling kit’, yes we do, but running kit is another dimension in my opinion and opens the pirates to a change which im not comfortable with.

Call me an old softie but there is something special about the pirates, something we associate with ourselves and are seen to represent, and this has nothing to do with running.  What we represent is clear to see when your racing, pretty much anywhere in the world.  Even when racing in Arizona ive been singled out and supported for the sheer fact im wearing pirate kit.

What we represent all hangs together based on the groups visibility at IM races, whether competing, supporting, volunteering etc.  It defines what we represent.

As the pirates have grown we have attracted a minority that see pirate kit as an easy ticket to getting supported, who don’t participate and are never heard from.    I worry that running kit adds another dimension to this and is a dilution of what we represent.   Im particularly apprehensive about running kit given we’re based on a running forum.  Running kit opens up scenarios im not comfortable with.

We’ve managed 10 years without running kit, people (myself included) have run London Marathon in tri kit.  I don’t see a compelling reason to start doing pirate running kit.

• I'm only playing devil's advocate here because it doesn't matter to me what does and doesn't get ordered but...

1. The common view is that we are a club with no rules so is there really anyone/group that can say whether this item should or should not be ordered?
    2. It's also been mentioned that we are an ever-evolving club and shouldn't necessarily do what we have always done
    3. If there are 16 people who want a running top, that shows there must be a demand.  If it doesn't go through on this order and be an LG design along with the rest of our kit, what is to stop anyone taking the logo and ordering elsewhere?

Part of me wonders whether this could turn into a storm in a teacup because if we don't reach minimum then all this is irrelevant image

• Well, this last request was for a technical t-shirt rather than a running vest, and while I wouldn't wear it running I'd be tempted to get one to wear post-race, given that pretty much all my PSOF kit will be worn in the race or (like the bike jacket) might be a bit warm for Mallorca. 

• It'll be the only thing to make minimum order.............

• While I completely understand the watering down of the 'brand' (brand with no rules but a few brand guardians) about the ordering of running kit, for someone who is old and not really built for lycra I'd kinda fancy the idea of an IM run leg done in a tech t-shirt but can it have a rear pocket for those who like their own supply of foodstuffs which can't be attached to a tri-belt?

• Rafiki wrote (see)

Just to save Barley - and others - saying it again .......

Running kit

In the past ive argued strongly against pirate running kit and will do so again here.

My reasoning is that the pirates are a tri club and ironman focused.  Now you might wonder ‘but we have cycling kit’, yes we do, but running kit is another dimension in my opinion and opens the pirates to a change which im not comfortable with.

Call me an old softie but there is something special about the pirates, something we associate with ourselves and are seen to represent, and this has nothing to do with running.  What we represent is clear to see when your racing, pretty much anywhere in the world.  Even when racing in Arizona ive been singled out and supported for the sheer fact im wearing pirate kit.

What we represent all hangs together based on the groups visibility at IM races, whether competing, supporting, volunteering etc.  It defines what we represent.

As the pirates have grown we have attracted a minority that see pirate kit as an easy ticket to getting supported, who don’t participate and are never heard from.    I worry that running kit adds another dimension to this and is a dilution of what we represent.   Im particularly apprehensive about running kit given we’re based on a running forum.  Running kit opens up scenarios im not comfortable with.

We’ve managed 10 years without running kit, people (myself included) have run London Marathon in tri kit.  I don’t see a compelling reason to start doing pirate running kit.

Yet there doesn't seem to be an issue with doing cycle specific Pirate kit ? I really can't understand the logic. 

But as I say, I don't want to cause disagreements, it was purely down to personal choice of what I would prefer to run in as I really don't like the monaco sleeveless vest things. 

• Technical run tops if wanted by anyone can be done a lot cheaper through someone like Impsport and other known suppliers locally ..you may also find one on spreadshirt,  LG is good kit and a good supplier but the time frame is not instantaneous in this day and age IMO

• Booo wrote (see)
    Rafiki wrote (see)

Just to save Barley - and others - saying it again .......

Im particularly apprehensive about running kit given we’re based on a running forum.

Yet there doesn't seem to be an issue with doing cycle specific Pirate kit ? I really can't understand the logic. 

This really, were it cyclist's world maybe the cycling kit would be more of an issue than the run kit.

• didn't we have Pirate Tech t-shirts in the past, I seem to think Jordy may even have one

• they were briefly available on the spreadshirt site IIRC but being yellow on black would clearly be heavily frowned upon for racing in image

• Was it from when we dealt with the disaster known as Coffee?
  • Yes, it was when we went to the alternative supplier (and they were black on yellow). 

I can have a look on spreadshirt and try and add something to the store front, but I have to say that site is getting harder and harder to negotiate.  Shall I do that?

• yes it was when we went with Cofides.

with the running vests/ tshirts it might be easier just to get one of the suppliers who do running vests/ tshirts for the running clubs to do one up......probably much cheaper....

• +1 for gillet please, size to follow (I don't mind which one, I'll make the numbers up)

Tech T shirt, I do think that's a great idea, especially for hot climates. I'd probably have 2, one for racing and one for after the race.

Reference this tech t shirt, I have loads of time on my hands at the moment. if we do want to persue it, I'm more than happy to find a supplier and be (temp) kit fairy no2. )I may even be able to get a discount, I'm sponsored by a textile printing company)

no one else wants to take charge, so to speak. (I don't want to step on anyone's toes though)
  • The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)
     I have written to LG for clarification on how they will view an order for these. Watch this space

I have had a reply from LG and in recognition of our long standing relationship they are prepared to allow us to have the 'repeat' unit price for a full length zip cycle top as well as allow us to hit minimum across both styles PROVIDING WE HAVE AT LEAST 6 of each style

Hope this helps people make a decision image

• Postie, no harm in having a look, will be interesting to hear what hey have to say

i am talking to a supplier at the mo who is looking to move into Tri kit

• to add, I suspect a lot of 'standard' running kit suppliers will have kept an eye on the rise of triathlons, most of them are a bit late to the party

• I will seak some facts and figures????
  • Put me down for 2 full zip cycle tops please. Thank you.