Headlamp advice

I have bought two different headlamps and I don't know which one to keep. Both have pros and cons so any help would be great! They are:

SILVACross Trail 2 Headlamp and  Petzl Tikka XP Head Lamp. They were both about the same price so thats not an issue.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Order an alpkit viper and send both back ? What do you want from them ? The viper got me round a pitych black 10k through a forest in november. Plenty of light. So I dont see why youd need more illumination.
  • Cougie, you have inspired me to try my headlamp in the woods when it's dark...this will be a new experience!

• Are you back yet ? Should we send out a search party ??
  • Dunny65Dunny65 ✭✭✭
    Experience night runner trail and fell I use led lenses seo 5 absolutely awesome super comfy, light, long battery life, 200 lumen (user variable). Can't be submerged in water but is very splash shower resistant ( I have actually accidently dropped mine in water) took the 5 which takes batteries instead in the rechargeable seo7 so I could carry extra batteries in long event even though life on high power is about 7 hours! Would not change it unless an unbelievably good lamp came on the market.
  • Dunny65Dunny65 ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say easily focussed spot to wide beam....
  • Dunny65Dunny65 ✭✭✭
    Just looked up alpkit viper (always looking for best on market. Looks real good on par with led lenser seo5 but can it be focussed spot to flood? There's no mention of that ability. I would change over it has 280 lumen burst mode? But the 180 delivered by the seo5 is plenty you can easily see 100+ metres but it Defoe worth a look 
  • Dunny65Dunny65 ✭✭✭
    Just checked further seo5 wins on stamina...the end tnx for listening lol
  • RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭
    I've used an Alpkit Gamma and that was pretty good, easily capable of getting you around at night. The Viper is probably better.

You really don't need 1000 lumen. 

I do also have one of the startlingly bright headtorches, it was a Chinese bike light of eBay and is probably too bright. I used to get complaints from the runners in front that the backs of their legs were getting sunburnt.

My favourite is actually a handtorch. I have a few small LED ones and prefer being able to point it where I want.