Lacking energy

Hi guys,

wondering if if anyone out there could help...... two days in a row now I've suffered real badly trying to do some hard efforts- I get through the first three minute Rep and I'm ok but my arms even burn and I'm actually not running that fast and as soon as I hit a hill I suffer and basically go backwards. I've had to stop after the first rep. 

I have a physical job (farmer) and for four hours a morning I'm on my feet carrying heavy stuff on occasions. I have a cup of coffee and a slice of toast mid way through the morning. Is this not enough? 

Could anyone one give me a heads up as to what I could eat/ take supplements to give me energy etc. ?

thanks in advance!!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• If you're tired on day 1 - then you'd be tired on day 2 ? 

Are you just doing too much ?  I think rather than eat anything special or take a supplement - you sound like you need a rest or at least a couple of easy days.  

Most plans only have hard efforts once a week. None have them on consecutive days. 

I'd not worry too much about it to be honest - rest is the most overlooked part of training. It's essential. 
  • FootmechFootmech ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd regard a piece of toast, poor nourishment. 
    Try eating food that has vitality and less processing. 
    Supplements are tricky, as a lot of the products out there do not deliver what they propose to. Cheaper products are a waste of money.
    i utilise Neolife ....www.neolife.com, and have done for 26 years. 
    They aid recovery like no other, I have immense energy and feel much younger than my age. I have no excess body fat. And beleive me when I say, I do not kill my self training. 
    Moderate exersise, but variety to challenge the body in different ways I find is enough.
    Try to get 8 hours sleep

coffee by the way, although is a short term stimulant, can spike your blood sugar and crash, hence a feeling of tiredness. 
    Try to avoid  sugar and sugar filled products as well. 

• PaulMarshPaulMarsh ✭✭✭
    I have a couple days off before a long run or a period of intensive exercise, as although can keep working out and working at my job every day, which is also quite physical, there are times when I get very nausious and need to recover,
  • You're probably not eating enough calories or eating foods which cause your blood sugar to drop quickly leaving you feeling tired and nauseas ( hungry!). I feel sick when I'm actually really hungry or have low blood sugar. Eating smaller amounts more often can help but also eating low to medium GI foods with no added sugar to give you slower release energy to last all day. Vegetables, protein and whole grains are good. You may also as others have said simply need more rest between doing your job and a run or need a day off! Stress of any kind including work or exercise is very tiring so if you have stresses on top of trying to run you will feel more tired than you expect till the other stress eases. 
  • Chris2304Chris2304 ✭✭✭
    I have a desk job. I eat more than that when training, and I've still been losing weight. My guess is that you are (1) not consuming enough calories and (2) potentially just exhausted. If two weeks of very light training and eating more doesn't fix the problem, then I would re-assess the situation.

Good luck.

• Alys6Alys6 ✭✭
    I agree - you're probably not fuelling yourself enough. You don't think you need supplements, just more calories. I start the day with big bowl porridge, and eat a pasta based meal midday. I run when I get home but make sure I eat something like a banana about an hour before, then an energy bar before I set off. Good luck. Hope you manage to resolve this