Marathon chip time not recorded

Ok so I ran pairs marathon on Sunday and found out for some reason my bib/chip never worked, they are working on recording a time for me but it may just be from the race start time till I crossed the line. Or they might take my garmin time.

Anyway I was just wondering what normally  happens when your time isn't recorded? The race was quite dear and I know these things happen but I'm really disappointed I didn't get an official time as such or photos(yet). Should I complain? or is it just a case of tough luck move on?

Tagged:

Comments

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that but sometimes these things happen. It happened to me once at a local 10K. I was a bit miffed as it was a PB at the time (I'd have been gutted if it were a marathon). However, they were happy to take my Garmin time and they had a photo of me going through the finish with the clock in the background.
    It sounds as though your organisers are working to resolve issues so you just need to be patient.
  • Soupy600Soupy600 ✭✭✭

Yeah its not good and I'm sure you where gutted with it being a PB. I have to say they do seem to be good and sorting it out and I've given them loads of information, so it will either be race (wave) start time till I crossed the line or maybe they will take my garmin.

It was my 30th marathon I think I would have been gutted if it was my 1st or even if I ran a PB

• Soupy600Soupy600 ✭✭✭
    Ok so update on my result, and after another 2 emails I got a reply saying my result was available on the website. When I went on to check it's the time I give them off the garmin. I feel a bit cheated and feel I could have give them anytime
  • It is pretty unusual - it's never happened to any of my chips - but nothing is infallible. I have heard of races going through start/finish video but that might be a bit trickier for something like Paris.  

It'll probably never happen again. 
  • Soupy600Soupy600 ✭✭✭

@cougie they said it happened to a few, not sure how many, I guess out of 55000 chips you may get the odd bad one but as you said first I've heard of it happening.

Thought they would have at least offered something as a good will jester even 10% off next year lol but just glad it wasn't my first or a PB