London Marathon Cheaters - let's do this

Comments

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    anyone that hasn't (like me) need to report walker to vmlm and request his removal. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I note  31325 (Niland) has now been removed.

With respect Walker, I assume he took 55 minutes to cover the last 2k as a deliberate ploy to make his time look slightly more realistic?

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/DT19">DT19</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">anyone that hasn't (like me) need to report walker to vmlm and request his removal. </div>
    </blockquote>
    I did it once he moved from under query back to normal. 
  • bol saucebol sauce ✭✭✭
    https://www.facebook.com/chriswalker1987. Not sure if this link works, but mate of mine has found him on the buy & sell page in Wakefield and posted something. It's a public page, so anyone can join, so let's see what he says. Look at his videos also.
  • bol saucebol sauce ✭✭✭
    He's just blocked her.

• rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Was he selling his running shoes (surprisingly lightly-used)?
  • JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    Michele Perkins (44921) ran a blinder of a middle section. 14k in 15 mins. Sign her up! (Taken from FB Sub 3 forum).
  • JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭
    Should also mention Sabino Rinaldi (61840) too for his 63 minute back half.

(Again, taken from a post on FB sub 3 forum).
  • Totally fed up with these now. Those last two, Perkins and Rinaldi are utterly inexplicable. Perkins has raised £1800 for NSPCC and even has a picture of her on the day on her justgiving page. She passed 17,063 people in the second half and no one passed her.

Rinaldo passed 13628 people in the second half and no one passed him. The numerous photos of him staggering along the Embankment hardly bear that out. And the photo of him with his medal says it all. You can just tell by his expression that he knows he's a fake.

I sincerely hope it's just a question of VLM taking some time to work through them all.

• Johnas said:

Must be down to his conpreaacom socks. I need a pair. 
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Not VLM but Wales' premier marathon: Newport

I thoroughly enjoyed spectating/supporting/cheering in Magor & again at the 23/24M out & back section to the transporter bridge.
    Whilst at the latter point I saw Runner No 1872 arrive from the 23M timing mat & cross straight to the other side, stretch half-heartedly, look around furtively then head off walking to the finish having therefore cut around a mile off.

I reported it to the marshal at the time & it was apparently passed on to race HQ however his result is still available & clearly supports my statement.

Finished in 4 hours, took 22 minutes from 21-23M then only 22 minutes for the 3.2 to the finish (almost exactly 3hr pace & quicker than any parkrun he has yet done!) in spite of taking every other split at 8:30 pace or greater!
    https://www.tdleventservices.co.uk/event-results/individual?event=2846&racenumber=1872

http://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=420739

I trust his result will be swiftly annulled.

I'm sure he will 'mysteriously' not appear in any of the photos taken at the turnaround spot if further evidence is required

• NorthEnderNorthEnder ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Certainly an impressive turn of speed!  That out-and-back section was 1.2miles in total. Marathon photos captured two snaps of me down there. 
  • The Millennials have a sense of entitlement that the world owes them mentality. The Millennial Marathon cheats may argue it is their democratic right to get a finish medal and pose for photos, their taxes paid towards the roads used in the Marathon.
  • > @Sub17ParkRun said:
    > The Millennials have a sense of entitlement that the world owes them mentality. The Millennial Marathon cheats may argue it is their democratic right to get a finish medal and pose for photos, their taxes paid towards the roads used in the Marathon.

What on earth has this to do with millennials? Cheat's have been identified across the board
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Sub17ParkRun">Sub17ParkRun</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">The Millennials have a sense of entitlement that the world owes them mentality. The Millennial Marathon cheats may argue it is their democratic right to get a finish medal and pose for photos, their taxes paid towards the roads used in the Marathon.</div>
    </blockquote>
    Rory O'Connor is certainly not a millennial.

What a ridiculous post
  • rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    I see that BBC news are reporting this story about the "jogging tramp" who picked up the race number and ran roughly half the London marathon. He says that he feels that he deserves the medal and that it's a dream come true. Not sure why he feels deserving - not only was he not entered, he didn't actually run a marathon anyway (he started where he found the number, roughly halfway). Am I just uncharitable in thinking that if that's his attitude towards life, then perhaps this might explain why he lives in an airport?
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Rodeoflip, there was a massive (and very heated!) discussion about this on the Ultra Running Community facebook group.  It seemed to be a mixture of 1) what harm has he done?  2)  he's a cheat, but it's not the worst crime in the world  3) racist overtones about being put on the plane and "sent home"....at which point the admins waded in.  Others thought the fact he was homeless made a difference and he should be cut some slack, whereas others didn't!   Eeeeek!  

Jooligan, I noticed in the Great Welsh Marathon the other week that there was a DQ.  When I looked at the photos, "Fiona" looked more like "Frank"!  I initially thought she may have cut the course (the course is essentially two out-and-backs, each done twice, so it would be possible to step off, and then turn around and run back the other way), but no from the photos it was evidently a number swap.  Glad the organisers picked up on it.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I don't see how anyone can justifiably say they deserve that. Im still at a loss as to how someone can be daft enough to lose/throw it but nonetheless he didn't run a marathon, it wasn't his place and it doesn't matter what his personal circumstances are.

Im slightly less bothered about someone cheating themselves by cutting a mile off at Newport. They didn't get a gfa and they have not taken and abused a highly desired place at London.

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think he deserved it, but there was an argument that the original owner wouldn't be able to collect the medal anyway as he'd lost his number, so if the homeless guy got some enjoyment from it, what's the harm.  That wasn't my argument as I agree with you in that I don't think he deserved it, but it got very heated.  

If a person cheats in any race though, they should be DQd.  To me, it doesn't matter if it's London or a small, local marathon with a few hundred entrants - if someone cheats, they should be DQd.  I know London gets the coverage, but for me the principle is the same no matter the event.
  • Loving the idea that cheating is something only millennials do.....

Crazy statement.
  • dave wood 4dave wood 4 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to ask this, but what are'millenials" please,
  • It's the 21st Century way of saying 'bloody youngsters' -

Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the generational demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.
  • dave wood 4dave wood 4 ✭✭✭
    Okay,thank you that, still doesn't help me make sense of the earlier posting, a cheat is a cheat,end of story!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I think there's a way of thinking that the millenial generation want everything on a plate and instant success as typified by the many instant popstar programmes etc.

that isn't representative of my view for the avoidance of doubt. 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    I like avocado, and I'm not a millennial.  
  • Telstar ManTelstar Man ✭✭✭

"The Millennials have a sense of entitlement that the world owes them mentality"

Wow, that's some generalisation...

• rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭

I'm trying to think nice thoughts towards the running tramp - best I can do is that he perhaps needed the t-shirt more than most people?

Still a cheat though, and doesn't deserve it.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    cougie said:
    Johnas said:

Must be down to his conpreaacom socks. I need a pair. 
    And where would one buy some conpreaacom socks, do you know? ;)
  • My phone seems to have a mind of its own Nessie - I swear it just invents things !