Options

northern social

Comments

• Options
    Northern Snail, what a shock for you, im not surprised you feel the way you do. But like Coachb says, at least he was found by you reasonably quickly and it sounds like he died quickly and without too much awareness of what was happening, and im sure there are worse places to be in your last moments than cycling along a country lane on a lovely sunny morning.
  • Options
    Morning all-Im back and not feeling too clever!!!! Copenhagen is still standing,not like my goodself friday,saturday and sunday!!! oooo im rough today!!! Was it all worth it???? God bless, YES!!! Will give you all the best bits of the weekend later[only if you want me to????]after the 9pm watershed!!!

PPB-Happy Birthday petal.All the very best.
  • Options
    NE, that will be a shock to your system, but you did everything right so well done.

I got to work this morning then got handed a letter by a guy who works for me "give me a better deal or I'm off". Went through the normal discussions, pointed out that he was jumping an agreed timescale regarding reward against business performance but he was adamant. So, at the end of the week he is off. This weeks started off just dandy.

Sorry, rant over. Lunchtime plod went well, lobbed a minute off my previous best time.

Sounds like you have had a great time Mick, can't wait for further reports.
  • Options
    NS - that must have been a real shock, hope it doesn't affect you too much.

I had a nice steady 10 miler (76 minutes)to get ready for a 10K on Wed.
  • Options
    NS - hope you're getting over the shock but at least he was found by a capable person like yourself who did all the right things.

Happy birthday to PPB.

Chuffed 'cos I ran 7 miles in 80 mins and a few seconds yesterday. Not fast to you "real" runners but enough to put a smile on my face yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    Afternoon all-Im still physically wrecked off the weekend.Ive got to go to work on late shift[god please help me!!!],so I wont be back until very,very,very later.But dont worry about the details and the goings on of copenhagen,I promise to tell!!!!
  • Options
    Evening,

Thats good running Jill, welcome to the "run good, feel good" syndrome.

Just had a look at the Raby 10K thread on events. Up to 250 pre entered, thats a big field.

<Sodahead retires to shed to fit "go go gadget turbo trainers" onto soles of feet for a fast start>

Later
  • Options
    NS -
    can't begin to imagine what that experience felt like.
    Not something any of us would want to have to deal with, but you did.
    Much respect.
  • Options
    Fast is relative Jill,
    Paula would laugh at all of us, or perhaps she wouldn't, but you know what I mean.

As Sodahead said, 'run good, feel good'
    Well done.
  • Options
    NS-hope you are getting over your shock.I cannot give advice on what to do because ive never expierenced what happened to you.All i can say is time is a great healer and hopefully you will get over the shock.

Keep smiling matey.
  • Options
    Hello all[again],can I please tell you all about copenhagan later?? You wouldnt believe how tired I feel at this present moment!! I reckon its a sign that my body cannot handle the weekends away with the lads anymore!! But im the shy and reserved type and just sat in the chairs of the various danish watering holes,keeping myself,to myself!!!!!!

Heres to the 14th!!!![august]
  • Options
    come on Mick , youre just teasing us now, we want to knowmore.... why dont i believe that you were that shy reserved type on your weekend away??

NS hope you are feeling a bit better now.
  • Options
    morning all,
    thanks for all your comments, yesterday I felt really down and sad about the old man dying alone on the old rail line, I know I was rather abrupt with people at work but I'm feeling ok today.
    thanks again for your concern and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at Raby Castle on Sunday

NS
  • Options
    Morning all,
    NS-glad to see you are feeling ok.

Well,im more or less back to my normal self now.Just been out for my 1st run[30mins],sweated buckets.
    Copenhagen,wonderful city,had a look at the little mermaid,tivoli gardens,the royal palace and many many many many pints of guinness!!! We stayed right in the middle of the red light area!!! And NO i didnt!! The night life is tremendous but a little expensive for a beer,from £3.90 a pint,to £4.90!!! There is a mixture of english,irish,scottish bars and of course danish. We didnt finish the night time sessions until 5.00am,both friday and saturday.We did watch the cup final in an irish bar,but got that bored with it,everyone in the bar decieded to have a nice sing song [great afternoon].Id recommend copenhagen to anyone and love to go back one day.
  • Options
    hi Mick,
    sounds like you had a good time in Copenhagen, a bit pricey though.

shy reserved type indeed!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mick,

Sounds a real blast. Even with my bestest fitness there's no way I could do "a session" till 5am in the morning (never mind two), 20 years ago maybe. Ahh, the memories of bringing the milk in when I had had a good night out. :-)

NS, you OK now?
  • Options
    Hi Sodahead,
    yes thanks I'm ok now, it seemed to affect me 24 hours after the event, my girlfriend reckoned it was a delayed reaction shock.
  • Options
    I am interested. From Whitley Bay. When you meeting?
  • Options
    Hi Bowlhead, hopefully we are meeting on saturday 14th august, dont know where yet but probably Newcastle, keep watching this thread for more details
  • Options
    Hello all-does anyone know how many are coming to the social yet???

Id like to know how people have got the impression that im not shy and quiet when I go out for a little drink.
  • Options
    caramac
    XL-man
    northern snail
    fergalk
    CoachB
    VoodooSmiles
    cheeky monkey
    mick the mackum
    ?alley cat
    WildWill
    Jill Neill
    ratbert
    Baz
    bimbo
    sodahead
    princess bubbles
    bowlhead
    anymore i have missed?? think there may be a few so sorry but just add yourself to this list,
  • Options
    Mick, ill be very disapointed if you are shy and retiring, youre from sunderland man!!
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Mick

Can I say how sorry I am that you are a Mackum, it must be terrible for you and you have my heartfelt sympathies.

I am sure the wonders of modern medical science will eventually find a cure.

Mackum HelpLine ; call 0191-3912345
  • Options
    Morning all-thats a canny number for a little pub crawl [17] and a bite to eat!!! There,ll be a few sore heads the next day,but not me of course,no,no!!

In response to OOK!-I am not rising to the bait.[a monkey answered the phone when I rang the helpline!!!]
  • Options
    If I'm right about OOK he'l be very upset you called him a monkey.

Watch out for a visitor from L-space Mick !
  • Options
    Hi, Bowlhead. Whitley Bay, eh? Takes me back. Early 1960s, family days out, my sis and I desperate to go to Spanish City, mum (clutching her handbag a little more securely) telling us nice people didn't go there (!) and whisking us off to stare at St Mary's lighthouse instead ...

Hope to see you at the social.
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Monkey on the phone - sounds like a wrong number, you must have got got Hartlepool Council

OOK is not a monkey, he's an urang utang, there's a difference

Where's my dried frog pills ?

• Options
    where do you hail from then, OOK! not the boro surely?
  • Options
    i have a dried frog pill, pill box :0)