Options

JJB Sports "Serious About Running" - they must be joking!

Comments

• Options
    lol - pikeynikey
  • Options
    Pure class! Must check if 'Burberry Fetish Man' in my Chav Top Trumps set is wearing them.
  • Options
    can you still get chav top trumps??
  • Options
    Back to the original issue (bling bling), I once went into JJB for some Pegasus, size 10.5. I asked the dork of an assistant, and he said, "We don't do half sizes, do you want size 11 instead?"

If I'd wanted size 11s, I'd have asked for them, so I answered, "No, I want size 10.5." He was really confused then, so I walked off!
  • Options
    I went into said shop looking for a gymn ball - found some in the corner and asked shop 'assistant' what sizes they were???
    this threw him somewhat so I asked him if he had a size chart (didnt look it up beforehand to see what size I wanted)
    No he says (to the size chart) - we dont sell them.
  • Options
    Can i speak in defence of these sports shops? i used to work part time at sports soccer and to be fair to the scrotes who work there and other stores you get precisely NO training on what sort of trainers are suitable for whichever type of running the customer is doing.

If a customer came in asking about heel stability or whatever i would give them an honest answer which was i simply didn't know because i hadn't been trained and then point them to the asics section. i am not a chav (i regularly mock them) but the problem seems to be the people who give the training, not the trained.

JJB shouldnt have made the claim without full training of all their staff.
  • Options
    why is that speaking in their defence? you're just agreeing with us that they are crap, aren't you??
  • Options
    well i spose i meant to say the shop floor staff rather than the whole store
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I keep seeing this word 'chav' excuse my ignorance, but what does it mean? Does it mean someone who's stupid and dirty 'cause that's what it sounds like?!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Oh and as for JJB being serious about running, I agree it's a joke!
  • Options
    Or www.chavscum.co.uk
  • Options
    i also like having a good laff at the expense of chavs as much as the next person but for pity's sake - these people are on the minimum wage and as previously stated get no training of any sort - so you shouldn't darken a jjb sports doorstep expecting anything but bad to indifferent service.... imagine how it must feel to work there. it's the management who have decided to jump on the bandwagon thinking that simply making such a statement is going to get real runners into their stores in droves.

2p extra....... Lillywhites no longer has the right to call itself a sports store - it's a badly merchandised, over-crowded, bargain basement. it makes jjb sports look like harrods!

• Options
    yogajoga - precisely

the point of the thread wasn't 'how dare these people have the audacity to work at JJB, that beacon of running excellence'

it was 'JJB is a chav fashion shop - isn't it annoying (and potentially dangerous) that it claims to be serious about running'

it doesn't matter that its assistants know nothing when they are seling to its key demographic (other chavs). but if a beginner runner was tempted in by the 'serious' claims, and sold a supinator shoe when they overpronate, then JJB's lie might cause irreperable damage.
  • Options
    I accidentally received £100 worth of JJB sports vouchers. There was absolutely nothing in my local shop I could find that I wanted so I went further affield and found a store, which had a large bike section. I did not think for a moment that they would sell what I wanted (a static trainer for my bike) but I put my sceptiscm aside and bravely asked the cycle assistant if they sold turbo-trainers, there was a blank look and a long pause before he replied 'I dunt reeley no nuffin bout the footware mate'
  • Options
    No reply from JJB today.

How long should I wait? Perhaps we should all send mail asking them (JJB) to substantiate their claim of being 'serious about running'.
  • Options
    Thank you Andy et al for forcing me to go to chavscum and wasting a good hour of my life on what is , admittedly, very funny stuff.

Now I know what to mutter under my breath when out in Kingston on a Friday night.

Mr J had a Chav thrown out of the cinema the other day for talking to his m8's all through Spiderman 2 :-)
  • Options
    When ever I go into JJB<which is rare> the helpfull staff are normally out the back having a fag,although I did hear the local stores manageress telling her closest associate about her boyfiends breathtakingly large penis and the amazing things he could do with it,what a good kisser he was & what a dishy dad he has and she might try him out as well.All this while she sold me a Lucazade.Such an up-market establishment.
  • Options
    Just had a quick browse throught the Chavscum Forum.

At the bottom of the page there is a banner advertisement for a CFD trading company ???

Now, i might be wrong, but i think the market researchers may be targeting the wrong audience there.

Can just imagine one of them phoning up and asking for 10 pills for Saturday night when "I is out wiv me bruv's"
  • Options
    ........ like the Bath half marathon?

still no reply.
  • Options
    I made the mistake of buying a pair of adidas running shoes from these last week. I need a 4 1/2 generally but was told that adidas dont make 1/2 sizes :(
    It seems that they do. The 5 was too big and the 4 is ok on my feet but I am slightly concerned that they are a little tight if Im going to injure myself wearing them.They arent uncomfortable but I know I shuldnt be wearing a 4 or a 5 becuase Im a 4 1/2. it shouldnt be down to trial and error. My nearest running shop charges more than double what JJB do for shoes and for a beginner I just didnt want to throw £70-80 at trainers until i found out whether I could really stick at it.
    Im really really annoyed now. Not everyone had huge amounts of money to throw at training shoes when just starting out and it seems theyve told me something which basically is a blatant lie. I looked at the tag at the time and said look it says 6 1/2 and she said yeah that refers to the largest size we stock. I said so they DO make 1/2 sizes then and she said NO only 6 1/2 is available in 1/2 sizes. adidas dont make 1/2 sizes except in that 61/2.

Im more than annoyed after reading this but what can i do? nothing I expect
  • Options
    sounds like not fit for purpose jenny.... they'll try and smokescreen you but if you've not used them... know your rights.. and hold your ground they should refund or replace them.
  • Options
    Moe - send a copy to Dave Whelan at Wigan Athletic FC. He owns the company so I think it's time he was informed!
  • Options
    It looks like despite me using them I am entitled to a refund. Thing is how do I know whether they are going to do me damage? I have run in them and they felt ok, no rubbing or blisters etc. Could it be that they do fit me or could the shoe be squashing my toes? there is room at the toe but they do fee a snug fit.
    They are adidas Climacool and someone else has commented on the forums that why she liked them, becuase they were a snug fit ( which is why i did go for them, they did feel supportive)
    Is there any way of checking? something to look for in the way they feel when im running in them???