sub or about 4h30 hopefully

Comments

• Frost here too Gladrags, I am beginning to think its all by fault for buy a new pair of sandals, I think they may be going back to M&S this weekend so I can get another pair of fur lined boots!!!!

• Had to buy some full finger gloves this week for cycling as my fingerless are no good in frost........flipping freezing here and as for my poor lettuces I am having to cover them up every night. My beans want to go out but cant yet for risk of dying.........

Where is spring????????? image

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    We had frost this morning, then glorious sunshine for a few hours but with a biting wind, then it rained and then it just stayed grey.

Lovely 3 miles xc this morning through the bluebell woods image
  • took the schoolkids on a beastly hill run - 10x round the museum and Steep Hill in Lincoln! only killed 3 of them, so well within Health & Safety limits!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    I thought you were only allowed to lose 2? LOL image

Just back from a pleasant 5 miler across fields and hills image
  • morning all

glad to see most people are back on their fet... lovely morning out there...........I'm trying to lots more off road and from monday i introduced an offroad run in the dark with a headtorch............Its all so differetn on the mountain in the dark..... so hard to be confident about the paths and easy to get disorriantated..........i suppose thats what the practise is all about.............and to stop myself getting scared at every rustle and pair of eyes picked up by the headtorch....

• You sound very brave Seren I dont think I could go running over mountains in the dark without scaring myself to death! 

Pilates last night, yes I did go, seemed to have hurt the front of my hip, will see how it is this evening before deciding to run with the club, dont want to make it worse ahead of race on Saturday.

• Did a cracking five miler to work in the early morning sunshine. Bootiful though cold. Did a 7.09 mile really trying to push it and thats my best so far, and a dog slowed me alittle so should be able to get under 7mm.

Swam 60 lengths of our little pool in Bakewell, about 1km last night with my daughter who is flipping miles quicker than me at swimming.

Enjoy your running folks.

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Seren, you are much braver than me!

Mark, 7 mm? <THUD>
  • Hi all, I have a question - have any of you ordered official marathon photos?  I ordered mine on the 29th April and haven't received them yet, they cost a lot so I chased them yesterday.  Was a bit concerned as I got a response back addressed to someone called David saying they would be sent out between 2 - 4 weeks, no idea who David is but he ain't me!

• SCharm Not bothered with the photos as way toooooo expensive and they sent me proofs addressed to the wrong person with my photos on........!! Hope you get them SCharm and they are you.

Cycled in today on my mountain bike as after my exertions yesterday at speeding to work at 7.09mm for one mile only, (sorry did I mention that before) couldn't get up this morning. Dont know how the elite do less than five mm for two hours in the marathon, amazing isn't it.

Looking for a road bike instead of marathon fotos. Any suggestions from you tri athletes? I have a carbon frame mountain bike so bit spoilt and want a carbon road bike.............

• HI all image

Scharm I got some official photos last year. Think they did take a while but they were good photos. I know they were expensive but I've framed three in a row in one frame and they look brill! ( one looking quite fresh, one looking like I need to finish and the finish photo!)

Mark you are doing brilliantly image Can't help on bikes, mines only a bog standard road bike, quite heavy really but I don't think my standard warrants splashing out on another! It probably makes me slower up hill but the extra weight possibly makes me faster down hill???!!!!! I know nothing about bikes and my only concern is if I get a puncture thats my race finished!!!! Cos I will not be fixing it!!!!!

I did an open water swim last night image It was very cold! I found it difficult to breathe. i can swim the distance no problem in the pool but I really struggle in open water especially when its so cold! image

• Relaxed.  You need to take a couple of minutes when you first get in to get acclimatised.  One of the best things to do is splash your face loads (this also helps stop the goggles misting up.  Then open the neck of the wetsuit and scoop water in it.  This will immediately make you want to pee which will warm you up no end! image  Then it is just a matter of accepting that you are going to feel cold for a few minutes and spend that time concentrating on the stroke and gliding and taking big breaths.
  • Did 60 lengths this week in the local pool but dont fancy this cold water open water stuff. Surfing is okay though. See the new boards.
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485545/Gallery/JP_Surfing.jpg

• Hi all

this will be my first weeekned attempt at back to back longish runs.so I going to try 21 miles tomorrow and 10 on sunday...................image

Relaxed............it will be sunny and warm up there next month ...don't worryimage

• Had to read that twice Seren,  thought you were on about the bike!  That is about where I am at at the moment cycling! 
  • Thx Rio and hope you're right Seren! image I wasn't worried about the swim till last night! image I know I won't be fast but was confident of doing it under an hour nearer to 50mins maybe 45mins, but now I don't know if thats too ambitious for me. If it was warmer it would be better but think I will always struggle in open water image
  • On sunday its the sirhowy challenge so a chance to run up the beast.image.but more like shuffle/walk up there if I survive tomorrow
  • Taking a well earned rest tonight (and the whole weekend!) after a weird week. Having had last weekend as my last "rest" weekend, I felt really lethargic and tired on Monday and Tuesday, as wella s pretty pooey all weekend too. On Tuesday I did my speed session as the first run of the new marathon regime, had 1/2 hour break, then ran with the club - which turned out to be a 3 min / 1 min speed session! With the there-and-backs it became an 8 mile day which shook out all the cobwebs!

Wednesday was spent with the school kids' Running Club - Glenn and I took them into Lincoln and we ran laps round the museum and back via Steep Hill. That killed!

Last night I missed my own 20x20 second session but the club run became a 7/25 mile tempo run, mostly at about 8:45 to 9:15 pace. Felt quite hard but I was able to keep up and only slowed to 10min miling for the last mile or so!

Now to find out if the potatoes have germinated!

happy running guys, catchya'll on Monday x

• Wow there is an awful lot of training going on here! I feel quite lazy in comparison. Have done a bit of cardio this week and had a good session with PT. Legs still feel pretty lead like though. Just been out for a gentle six miler. Not sure at all about Exmoor next weekend but I'll set off and see what happens. Have had a horrid week at work. Just seems to be grim everywhere at the moment with redundancies plus I'm dealing with a horrible local HR issue. Very draining!

So hot bath for me now then a nice loaf around on the sofa for the rest of today! Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Seren good luck with your double! Just take it really really slow and have some walk breaks!

• managed my longer slow run today...just under 22 miles and  still standing......

not sure how I will feel in the morning facing the tough 10 miler.....

birdypie... I hope you get a recovery for next weekend,............you have done so much....

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

I had a leisurely 8.5 miles of hilly xc this morning and it was heavenly. No pressure, just sheer enjoyment image

Seren, excellent run my dear. Hope today was OK too.

Birdypie, rest well poppet. Work issues are very draining as I know only too well. You are doing brilliantly and I can't wait for you to triumph next year. xxx

Mark you look like a cool dude! When's your next event? Bike ride?

Relaxed, you will be fab!

IJ, I'm going to give your guy a go next week as my high cholesterol levels and stubborn weight are getting on my nerves.
  • good luck Redhead! let me know how you get on!
  • How did you get on Seren? I didn't realise the lakeland event was in July! Wow....looks like you are in for an intense few weeks! I'm sure you'll be fine though.

Mark that is a fab photo!

My weekend wasn't quite as restful as I hoped but after a lightening trip round bluewater yesterday I did manage to put my feet up and have a bit of a stretch. Off to the pool tonight for afew gentle lengths and some more steam/sauna treatment. I'm feeling much more positive about Exmoor after the weekend - the thought of all that fabulous scenery is very tempting. But yes I will be resting afterwards for a couple of weeks! Dartford Half will be about the max I am planning before the end of July!

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Glorious day here which is nice as it's my day off image

Rest well Birdypie.

Happy running everyone. For me it's a rest day.
  • Morning all, raced on Saturday 7.5 trail race, did ok 72 mins not fast but it was off road and you had to clib up a crag at the end!  Leisurely 5 miles yesterday so back into full training mode!  Evening league race this Thursday, need to get some speed back into the old leggies!
  • Did 3.4 miles as my speed session - the main but was about 2.5 miles, as 60/45/30/15 second 10k pace sessions. Hurt like billy-aaargh when repeated 6 times! then went for a lovely run witht he club, 6 more miles as 10 minute speed repeats. Ouch!

Bedtime now and not sure I'll be able to get up in the morning!

• Summertime and the running is easy!!!!!  Fantastic 7 mile run with the club last night, into the Nidd Gorge in the sunshine, bluebells, wild garlic, still water, gorgeous.  Am having a complete rest tonight, no pilates no nothing as have yet another race this Thursday evening.  Am worried about eating as its at 7.45pm which is quite late for me and even if I have my lunch at 2pm thats a long gap.  Anyway will no doubt sort it out.

• Well done SCharm. Great area. My inlaws lived near Skipton and I used to cycle round there alot. Makes a real difference the weather after the winter we endured. Ran eight miles yesterday slow. Cycled in this morning. Another nice day hopefully.
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Glorious weather here means that if I'm not working I'm out in the garden image

5.5 miles xc for me this morning. Need to enter an event so I can focus.

SCharm, you are flying at the moment. I expect we shall have some new pbs from you soon image

Who's got a race coming up soon then?