Feelin fat fed up and friday 15th club

Comments

• Hi Glenn.

Angelmouse is a squillion times better, thanks. She's getting a Good Work prize at school today for a story about some magic sweets - definitely her mother's daughter! The sweets, that is, not the good work.

I must remember to post my Suicide Sixish number so that you can avoid me if there is blood dripping from my canines. But that shouldn't be necessary. The dinosaur thing is a bluff. I'm a little baa-lamb really.

Thought about making a nomination for Forumite of the Week for services towards uniting the forum users, and changing my name to Mrs Dinosaur for the day in honour of the event, but decided that as an idea it wasn't big and it wasn't clever. Anyway, I wasn't at my keyboard early enough.

Off again - got to rescue nice patient from voracious students (they've been fabulous this morning - really keen!) and take said students off in my grubby little Micra for an educational meeting with, I hope, a nice curry.

The diet starts next week. Maybe. The running starts again next week. Definitely. The spirit is still willing.

• Afternoon all, well Im feeling really tired and I dont know why..

Bune...youll have to change your name to EEyore if you carry on being miserable.

Come on, lots of postive vibes coming your way from everyone, hope you post soon a bit happier.

Benz, congratulations on the new job, Ive gathered that its a consultant role, but what type and where....

• Thank YOU fit friends!

Ive actually been out as it is a really nice day and I realised I have not been out in daylight for the past 3-4 days and been eating and wallowing in the pit - so thought id kick my lardy-arms into gear - headed for the golf course and was out for 65 mins about 50 of those spent running with walking breaks - so ! Thanks for the positive pointy sticks - you guys always make me feel more motivated - just been a bad coupla weeks - thank you.

Wish I didnt feel like i was running with the belly of a buddha tho!

- i love Pooh - im kind of a cross between Tigger and Eeyore - will work on being more orange and bouncy!

V-Rap - feel free to wallow in my boggy pit

EP - Cookies having a rest - i was taking it a bit too literally on the cookie front - but he'll be back (this is my own artwork)

Right first food of the day - porridge with apple juice!

catch you later friendly fit folk!
  • EP, I like the heart picture best.......... or is it too late?!
  • I love Eeyore Bune nice piccie and even more special as your own work.

Back from work off to Christmas fair.

Tescos low fat cous cous wrap, yuk.
  • Mostly friendly fit fiends.

Ep - marshmallows - sugar = carbloading for brighton

JJ - cheers - just figured out how to play with 'Paint' those healthy couscous wraps are a real dissapointment - especially when very chilled - dont you just love it when you read the ingredients of low fat/healthy eating foods and see more chemical names than in a periodic table!

looking forward to Children in Need tonight - always humbling and good for stopping me wallowing

laters
  • fiends?

have marshmallows really got no fat or is that a joke?
  • there just a bit flabby - probably just puppy fat so it doesn't count!

0g fat
    83g Carbohydrate (80g sugars)
    3g protein

no, im not THAT obsessive - i have an emergency bag in case of fires (barbecues!) in the cupboard
  • yum yum, marshmallows! 80g sugar, maybe I could get away with replacing the lucozade sport in my diet with marshmallows
  • dont think marshmallows dissolve very well Trickle
  • oh. maybe like an energy gel?

I'm just blathering now....
  • energy gloop - leave a bag out in the rain and see what happens! theyd get sticky in your lycra
  • gotta go now - chores call

catch you laters
  • hehehe...

I took lucozade tablets last time I went out on a longish run and they were horrible, like eating chalk (not that I've ever eaten chalk). Going to try Opal Fruits today.

I refuse to call them Starburst.

Is your day getting better?
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Runners covered in sticky marshmallows? For goodness sake don't post this kind of stuff on the darkside!
  • There's a thread somewhere obsessing about Jodie Swallow. Now Jodie Swallow and marshmallow not only rhymes but would probably be X-rated.....
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Sheltered and innocent life that I've had, I haven't the foggiest who Jodie Swallow is. You sure it rhymes with marshmallow? - this is English you know!
  • Apparently our Jodie is a triathlete (have had four attempts at spelling that and still doesn't look right) - although I didn't know that until about 10 minutes ago.

It sort of rhymes if you have your mouth full of marshmallow at the time!
  • Glenn

You are not the only one confused. How does a triathlete resemble a marshmallow?

I am sure that it is obvious but it escapes me at the moment.

• Noo...nooo...noooooo

I'll get my coat.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    You and everyone else apparently! No-one here but me and my tumbleweed.
  • Marshmallows...mmm! No fat, but got gelatine in, surely? Jodie Swallow - star girl! And only about 21 so lots of years of competing ahead of her.

Boring lunchtime meeting, and catering by Dr Atkins. The only thing with a serious carbohydrate in it was the vegetarian lasagne, and I thought I'd better leave that for the vegetarians. Half a chicken and a few salad leaves...need to balance it up with jam butties for dinner.

Too much craic and not enough teaching this afternoon, but I'm going to put it down on the timetable as "Small group bonding (tutor present)" and hope it slips past the Lord Professor.

Want to go home now. Hardly worth setting out at this time. Three mile drive takes about 45 minutes. I should run home - but then I'd have to leave the car in the sort of place where even an old beat-up red Micra isn't TWOCproof. So there follows an hour of writing letters. I gave my secretary a disk with some letters to print out on Tuesday (I can't ask her to TYPE them - she's willing enough, but can't spell, construct a sentence, lay out a letter or remember to put the destination address rather than my address in the window) and got them back this afternoon. The moral of the story is "If you want something doing around here, just do it yourself".
  • Sorry Glenn - I really did get my coat (or fleece) and go for a run. Did 5 miles so v. pleased, esp. as did knackering BodyCombat class this morning.

Hello V-Rap!
  • I'm here too, Lurking.

Question do things you didn't enjoy have any calories?

Had a gruesome flapjack at Christmas fair and it's a shame I wasted those calories :-(