Options

Burnham Beeches

Comments

• Options
    Guys, I posted my wrong number yesterday. Number 510 (NOT 521). Sorry!

Bring your suncream on Sunday

Jason
  • Options
    Can I just say that I'm not going to remember any of these numbers so please look out for me and say hi! I'll be wearing a navy cap, black shorts and a black vest if that helps! And no doubt be limping along slowly!
  • Options
    hi NR

you might want to think about a white vest if it's going to be hot

a black one will get pretty warm
  • Options
    Guys,

I'm in!!! Got my programme and number yesterday...632 (New Runner, we shall be testing you on all these numbers on Sunday so get revising!!!)

Really looking forward to it, but am not sure whether to try for a PB or have a gentle jog run round as my marathon schedule says to do! This means my time might be anywhere between 1:57ish to 2:20. Will probably see how I feel on the day.

Are we just meeting up beforehand at all or just after the race at the Crown?
  • Options
    Dog Walker - no hope in hell of me remembering, am counting on you lot finding me! I'm gentle jogging due to injury..if that helps make up your mind! I think just afterwards at the Crown...I'm in meetings rest of day so wont be able to check web, so see you all there!
  • Options
    DW, I think we're meeting up at Apex sports before the race.

Jason
  • Options
    Jason,

Does that mean you are parking in the public car park next to Apex Sports? Are we able to park at Leys Farm?

What time are you meeting at Apex Sports?

DW
  • Options
    Hello Lord Wolf,

I hope we get a chance to say hello on the day. You've kind of got an idea of what I look like, just add the URWFRC vest and there I am!! As you know, I'm running with Mrs RB and looking at a time of 2.10 - 2.20, I guess. (This is more of a 'get you round for Mrs RB after the difficulties at Blackpool). What time do you think you'll be doing?

I'll be at Windsor. The Eynesham looks interesting. Is that Eynesham near Oxford? Where can I get the details?

NR, as this rate we'll all be gently jogging with you!!

All the best,

RB
  • Options
    Hello people.

Maybe see some of you after - I'm no. 270.

Can Wolfie tell me if the carpark is a field or hardstanding, as my car hasn't enough ground clearance for a rutted field.

Ta.
  • Options
    morning all

we need to get this sorted out

1. i think we'll be meeting at the Apex sports stand (NOT THE SHOP) - which is on site in the school grounds

2. Leys farm field rut ratio, no idea. if snoop is coming in his ultra low Mclaren F1 then probably the bet is to park it in farnham common and walk down to school (about 1/2 a mile)

3. eynesham is near oxford. details will be in RW a bit closer to the time (usually the last sunday in Nov)
  • Options
    DW I planning on parking at Leys farm, as my ultra low Mclaren F1 is being fixed at the moment.

I can text you when we get there.
    Are you bringing Emma for support?
  • Options
    Roll Call

Who No Identifier ETA

Dustin (183) URWFRC shirt 1:40
    Blue Knees (203) Black kit/blue knees 1:50
    Jason L (510) Runs with a clanger 2:00
    New Runner (1085) Black kit, navy cap 2:15
    Ratbag+Mrs () URWFRC shirt 2:15
    Dog Walker (632) URWFRC shirt 2:00
    Wolf (198) ? ?
    Snoop (270) ? ?
    PizzaMan ()

Apologies if I missed anyone
  • Options
    Okay, will text in the morning when we get there. Glad the Apex Sports confusion has been cleared up!!!

Emma probably is coming along, but not until a bit later on (maybe not until the finish). What time are you planning on arriving at the school?
  • Options
    mikealex is also running - i don't think he's made the move to the new forum yet

both he and pizzaman i think are in the 1.30-1.40 range

i will hope to finish in 2.00 and i haven't decided what i'm wearing yet - in fact i'm searching for a string vest - anyone know where to buy one?
  • Options
    DW hoping to get to school around 9.00ish
  • Options
    Hi Wolfie,

Mikealex changed his name after suggestions from RB and Pizzaman. He would love to run 1:30-1:40 but fears that will never happen. Pizzaman on the other hand is that fast.
  • Options
    Keith and Scooter are down to run this race as well according to the club page.

Sorry I missed you at Yateley Keith
  • Options
    Actually blue knees, my URWFRC vest went back to Wasp sports as it was too small, so I will probably be wearing a yellow sleeveless wicking T-shirt. Will be wearing the yellow URWFRC T-shirt before and after race as well though.
  • Options
    Hello all,

You won't believe this but I just went out at lunch time for a quick 5.5 miles pre BB and I think I've tweaked a calf muscle (how the hell...???). Doesn't feel serious but God knows what's going to happen on Sunday. Just took 2 x Ibuprofen and I'm now hoping for the best.

In any case I'll still be running(?) with Mrs RB until or umless I just can't carry on.

See you all there...

All the best,

(slightly p***ed off) RB
  • Options
    RB,

Sorry to hear about the injury mate. Rest it carefully for a couple of days and you may well be alright.

Hopefully see you fighting fit on Sunday.

DW
  • Options
    RB sorry to hear about your leg.
    I bet you're just trying to give us all a head start. :-)

Get some ice on it and hope to meet you on Sunday.

Jason
  • Options
    Hey Blue Knees - add me to the role call!! Hope all is well in time RB
    NR
  • Options
    oops - you did already - apologies!
  • Options
    THE FORUM THIS AFTERNOON HAS BECOME MADNESS....WE'RE BACK TO REAL TIME POSTING, THE LIKE OF WHICH HASN'T BEEN SEEN SINCE APRIL 13TH
  • Options
    Well it is Friday.

RB hopefully it will come to nothing. I had a pain in my calf a couple of weeks ago that pulled me up but it just went away after an hour.

See you all there
  • Options
    Cheers all. I'll be there come what may...

WWR. You're right. This afternoon's frenzy was right up there with pre FLM madness.

Just goes to show.. Maybe we're more into music than running???

RB
  • Options
    Those were the days when I was sub 1.30 for a 1/2.
    Sorry but I can't make it to BB this year as I'll be on the Isle of Wight. However, I've managed to get a 3 hour pass & have entered the IoW 1/2. It doesn't start 'till 12 so while you lot are having a celebratery pint in the Crown I'll have just started a hilly 1/2 in 28 degrees, (the fun we have).
    I gave blue Knees £50.00 and told him to get all the forumites a drink from me. So make sure he does.

Enjoy!

PM

ps. Snoop, last year the field was very wet & some people had all sorts of problems.
  • Options
    If you'd given me £50 PM I'd have emigrated by now. Have fun on the IOW and watch out for the corkheads (locals)
  • Options
    Forgot to ask you guys where we get the results from. Who's volunteering to do the write up?

Nice to meet you all (apart from New Runner and Wolf who I missed, sorry)
  • Options
    was delighted (not) to post my first DNF!!

ripped my number off coming onto the school field at the end in utter disgust at the way i ran the race. started walking on the hills from 7 miles onwards (never done that before ever) and was on target for a 2.07 - 13 minutes slower than my previous PW.

the most spineless, cowardly and feeble-minded piece of running i have ever done - definitely not deserving of a finisher's medal.

this isn't about finishing time folks, it's about application and effort and i am absolutely disgusted with myself.

there's some real work to be done inside my head.....before next april

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE - NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!! AND SEE YOU AT WINDSOR FOR A BETTER ONE I HOPE