2»

Comments

• GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Ooops, forgot:

What: 5 miles steady
    Why: Need to get tension out of legs from yesterday's off road session
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Monday.
  • What: Spinning class and maybe a couple of miles after, depending on how hard I work.

Why: Need an off joints day to recover from yesterday which was my longest run since return from injury. Also I think spinning is good leg and cv conditioning.

last hard day: Yesterday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Arggghhhh - if there's going to be lots more of this maths stuff I'm not going to risk coming back in here. I can feel this serious migraine headache coming on. I hope there's no connection between running and maths, because if there is, my running so doomed.

What: 7.75 miles steady including 200m strides
    Why: Speedwork yesterday, speedwork tomorrow
    Last Hard Day: se above
    Last Rest Day: Friday
  • does anyone else find that you can only spot your spelling mistakes and typos once you've posted your message and never before? why is this? bring back edit function, to echo a familiar refrain.
  • Achilles, 200m thats a hell of a stride.

My 15 year old asks for help with her Maths, Hah, it might as well be written in another language, I cant make head nor tail of it.
  • Gaz - my son's only eight and already I'm starting to lose it!
  • Achilles, Know what you mean, its terrible,
    I am sure my daughter thinks I used a slate and chalk at skool....never mind.........
  • You're more of a classicist yourself aren't you Achilles? (still quietly giggle about your HR satire sometimes)
    Good luck at the club Scarlett, it is nerveracking the first time but I'm sure they'll be really pleased you came.

Stickless, glad to see you've got more racing planned, afraid I have nothing intelligent to contribute on the maths topic ('so what's new?' I hear you chorus).

What: 65 lengths breastroke in 35 mins.
    Why: Can't do crawl. And have the upper body strength of a gnat.

Piled all my running kit plus swim gear into the car first thing intending to use the athletics track after going to a meeting nearby, then realised I'd left my shoes behind, doh.

Public hygiene complaint (2): I know this came up a few weeks ago but can't believe:
    - people go in the pool without having a shower first.
    - people go from the gym into the sauna without having a shower first.
    - what incident necessitated the sauna sign saying 'No shaving in the sauna.'??

Last hard: Mon
    Last rest: Fri
  • What: nothing
    Why: Time! I know you have to make time and all that, but with work, kids and a depressed aupair - it's been impossible today. Oh well will have to cram in four sessions into Thurs/Fri/Sa/Sun
    Last hard: Quite hard doing my hills last night
    Last easy: today
    Looking forward to a lunchtime run tomorrow
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    The three things I was really bad at when I went to school were English and Maths.

Today: afternoon - 40 minutes turbo trainer, pm - 7 miles tempo run.
    Why: part of training schedule
    Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • what: ripplingly fast 5 miler - "moved so fast the raindrops missed me"

why: Mrs "G" is a fair weather runner so our planned 3 mile jog/plod got canned

last 'ardL: today
    last Rest: Yesterday

last time I ate Tuna - Monday

• afraid to say that I didnt make it to the running club, i had a splitting headache, was feeling really ill and husband was late home. We even had a built in baby sitter in the shape of my dad.

going to try again next week, but will have to make complicated childcare arrangements.

I would go on my own but running is the only sport that my husband enjoys so i would like to get him involved in something.
  • Drew -

what's a turbo trainer?

and can I have one for Xmas?
  • 5 miles in 37:39
    The recovery runs continue to get slower...
  • It's all relative MikeS, I couldn't do 5miles in that time even if I was going flat out!

What: 5 miles easy club run
    Why: cos that's what I do on Wednesdays
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • Working on it
    What 4.2 miles
    Why not?
    Last hard every one at the moment
    Last Rest Sunday
  • Archiles I know your problem with spelling, but even with a spell checker and me double and tripple checking a typospelling mistake still appears whenever my boss reads a document.
    Why is that?
  • Ok, so I'm posting this ridiculously late but better late than never right.....

What: Gym - bike, weights, row
    Why: X-Training
    Last hard run: Tuesday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Have you all gone mad? This is the WEDNESDAY thread. Why keep Boinging it back up?

Whoops.