Tremulous Tums but Thinking Thin Thrusday 21st Club

Comments

• What's that microwave rice like then? I eat bucketfulls of rice but the twenty minute cooking time slightly rules it out of the 'really quick post run snack' category - 2 mins in a microwave sounds a lot better.
  • Hi Snoopy, you choose your own weigh-in day and then post your loss/gain/confessions. Sometimes we put our total loss to date too if we're feeling particularly proud (I've lost 3 stones so I sometimes like to remind myself). Have you lost anything this week? You are trusted to keep a check on your own progress!
  • Slowboy

I find it fills a need i.e. when I come back fro a run and its to late to start messing on or at work it can make an alternative to sarnys and it is quite tasty – Tilda do it as well so there are quit a few different one available

Anther one worth a look at for work and/or quickness is the Dolmio (Spelling?) past and sauce ranges – stick the sauce in the microwave for a couple of mins then the pasta and mix

Will
  • I think Wild Will's recipe collection needs a publisher. Quicker than Delia, healthier than the wholefoodies, tastier than the combined output of the Saturday Kitchen, chef a lot better looking than Nigella, Jamie or even Ainsley...

Just had a frangipane which someone had brought in because it's their birthday. Particularly nice one, heaving with dried fruit and sticky as a treacle tart in the middle. Calories schmalories.

Didn't think the wine would be a problem, Filbert. I suppose it could at my two littl'uns school, since the head teacher is a fundamentalist evangelical sort and permanently in mild conflict with the trendy-lefty bells'n'smells vicar of the parish church affiliated to the school. Suppose I'd just have to smile with all my teeth and pretend that the fancy packaging contains a new-style bottle of Lucozade Sport.

Susie, I love gardening too. One of my biggest gripes about running (about my only gripe about running) is the way my garden has gone to weed and seed since I learned to run. Gone are the days when I would step out the back door on a summer evening in the hope that there might be just ONE weed to pull up or ONE stray branch to trim. Still, it's almost ready to go to sleep for the winter now. Only the hedge to do.
  • Morning all and welcome newbies to the fat club and Wild Wills Wonderfull World of Wunning Wecipies!
    Do not feel like getting on any scales today after the last few days!
  • Thanks Red, I'll pop down to the weighing machine at the gymnasium this lunchtime, and find out the bad news (haven't weighed myself for over 6 months).

WW - Dolmio spelling is correct - have loads of these with pasta - but have you read the fat content on the side of the jar?!!
  • ...better looking than Nigella V-rap? sorry Will but she gets my vote every time!
  • Slowboy, microwave rice is a substance which I have never encountered outwith major race goody-bags! Was yours left over from the GNR, Will? I still have mine from this year's FLM. Now you've given me an idea of how to use it.
  • I'm sure Will's mightily relieved to hear that, BBB.
  • Morning all

Welcome Tulip.

No exercise as such yesterday, but have gym induction at lunchtime today. Will try and fit in a 20 min session on the treadmill.

Tried the cereal late last night and was good. Shame I hadn't done any exercise. Doh!!!!

WW: thanks for the recipe idea, will give it a go.

Sam
  • Snoop

I go for the low fat tomato and basil type sauces sometimes chilli the microwave versions are at about 3% and the non-microwave front I normally just go for the Asda’s own Neapolitan (again low fat)

Or if I have time I’ll make my own sauce – but this ends up wit a bit more fat as I quite often add crumbled Feta and olives
  • Morning all.
    Been busy, as you can imagine. Work not letting up but I am particularly pleased with my efforts to get up every morning to attend the gym in whichever hotel I end up in.

Made it out in the cold and wet this morning (just an excuse to wear my new, bright yellow, Ronhill running jacket). Everyone in the hotel thought I was mad when I struggled back in at 0730, covered in sweat and looking like I'd been chased by a pack of lions.

Currently in Warwick (not far from you V-Rap). Gonne be here until the end of Feb, we should go out for a run one evening, I can drive to somewhere closer.

Hope everyone is well and successful in their weight loss campaigns. I'm currently feeling very fat because I eat in random restaurants every evening, which is not ideal for low fat eating.
  • Morning all - no food as yet today and still in bed. Although, am off into town before going to hospital and I intend to buy in this order

a) mini car tax
    b) white choccy orange
    c) chocolate eclair
    d) Nursing Times &/or other mag which will distract attention from evil red drip.

Tulips - welcome! welcome! welcome! and 6 miles! well done!
  • Cath, I take it you've read runner's world cover to cover.

Just a thought for the girls. Mens Health is running a cover model competition at the minute so the magazine is full of particularly honed, good looking guys. Not my idea of a good read but it may take your mind of the red drip Cath.
  • morning all, esp Cath, I will be thinking of you today.

Mini car tax, I looked twice at that, thought it was a little choc bisc, but its not is it ?

Im off sick today, but its nearly skivving , got headache but its mainly the stress of having my dad visit for a week. does everyone else have dads that mider for England....he witters on all the time, I know hes trying to be helpful but ...aargh..

post me a bit of the white choccy orange Cath..

see ya
  • Are you touting for votes, Gordon?

Good to see you here again! I like the idea of a run - must sort out a time (once I'm back on form again).

Cath, hi! Is the eclair for the oncologist?
  • Nah, Gordon, just full of the blahs. And got a bad ankle which flared up again yesterday and is still a bit puffy but completely pain-free today. I'm sure it's what my colleagues would call "supratentorial" and what my granny would have called "all in yur heid".

You missed a good mudbath on Sunday.

The fitness programme starts tomorrow. That's a fact. Absolutely definitely. The small print is in my filing cabinet.
  • OK V-Rap... I reckon 2 weeks to get yourself up to speed (and give me a chance to lose my executive stomach) then we'll meet. How does that sound???
  • Well I am very pleased to post that I've actually been out for a run..6 miles too! First run since last Friday (shame on me!). I am definitely back in fitness/healthy eating mode! Good luck today Cath... you get some of that choc. Orange and eclairs down you girl! Choc. Eclairs just happen to be my fave fresh cream cake.. ooh don't start me off..I'm trying to be good!! V-Rap have you started on that banana loaf yet?
  • V-Rap, ignore the small print and get on it, you know we'll cheer you on.

Well I tried really really hard with the chocolate. Lasted till eleven, thought, 'OK, I'll have one of my butties now, that'll tide me over till lunchtime'. Open the butty box - egg butties. Marvelous, but so smelly I couldn't eat them at my desk without causing an office revolt.

So I went and bought the last Galaxy Caramel from the vending machine (hangs head in shame).
  • I can't bring sandwiches to work... they're always gone by 10am if I do.
  • Are we doing confessions this morning? Ok.. here's mine.. I bought my dad a box of Belgian truffle chocs to give him on Saturday (cos it's mum's birthday & I don't like dad to be left out with the prezzie giving!!).. anyway, I've eaten them all. Looks like another trip to M&S today then doesn't it!!!!
  • If I were the confessing sort, I would be telling a tale of a box of Thorntons maple pecan toffee that WAS yesterday but IS, alas, no more.
  • No confessions yet today but then wait until after lunch when I've been down the shops!

slowboy, you have a very shiny coat, must be all the healthy food

• Yes, loads of Galaxy Caramels do give a certain gloss.
  • V-rap

'outwith'
    "all in yur heid"

my how your Gallic roots are shoing this morning
  • I remember having a very in-depth and lengthy "discussion" with my first boss when I moved to London abuot the use of the word "outwith". I of course won as it is in the Oxford English dictionary.
  • Tra la la, still resisting the malt loaf ;-))
  • Well done Redhead, more self control than me.

How was the leg yield??