Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Thanks

Mine is definitely a 'lack' of training at the moment.

My longest run so far has been 10 miles though it was a bit of a struggle as I was running uphill in to the wind for the last 4 miles (nearly killed me I think), and have since had strep throat, followed by mumps, followed by another bout of strep throat - think I'm over it all now!

Planning to do a nice easy 4 mile run on Sunday to get back into things but I need to step up my enthusiasm.

Has everyone got a place through the ballot or is anyone running for charity? I'm running for 'Children with Leukaemia'
  • I burned some beans yesterday
  • How's your fundraising going?
  • er
    I just set up my justgiving page today

have raisedabout £100 so far
  • Not running London as I was rejected yet again :-(

I will probably do Locaber with Jane, Debbo and Hippo
  • I'm running for Shelter UK. Fundraising is slow, but not quite as slow as the running!

Happy New Year to everyone and here is a toast to some good and healthy running in the New Year.

• Cool

I set up a fundraising page with bmycharity a few months ago, I've raised about £150 so far but people keep saying 'I'll sponsor you nearer the time'.

I can't see why they want to wait until nearer the time before committing to sponsoring me, afterall they don't have to part with cash immediately if they don't want to.

Nevermind, I'll start chasing people in the next few weeks.

I've got exams coming up at uni but once they are finished I can focus on running and fundraising.

Good luck with your fundraising PH.
  • Heading off to get ready for tonight.

Hope everyone has a great new year's eve, whatever you are doing.

K
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I'm going to see Scissor Sisters and Blondie!! I hope it isn't too cold, as it's outside. The fireworks will be spectacular anyway!
  • Was planning to go running this afternoon but lunch and then a "quick" stop for a drink became a relaxing couple of hours in the pub and now its dark.

My longest run has been 14 miles done way back early Dec, this week it was 10 miles. Hope to get a longish run in tomorrow afternoon and then its a 2 mile club race on Sunday.

Enjoy what is left of 2004 and hope 2005 brings us all a sub 5 hour marathon or a sub 4.45 for the more ambitious, or at least a healthy year for everyone.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Hear hear Jane!
  • Im SHOCKED at you Jane
    PUB??????
    at THIS time

(im having my first gin)

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for mr debbo to come home from work before I start on the cava. We will have to be sober enough to walk up to the centre of town. I'll take a wee water bottle of gin and tonic with me though.

I'm running tomorrow, so don't want to be TOO drunk - also will need to track down 14 year old son and his friend at some point in the night!

Jane did go home though Hippo!!
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to wish you all a Happy New Year, will be tucked up in bed by midnight. No booze for me today as I have mega mileage to do this weekend and I want to get up early to check the website to see how our Tim is doing in Arizona with his 24 hour race before I set out for my run.

Positive resolutions for all of you - you will do that sub 5 marathon in 2005
  • too bloody right i will Shades

im going to keep checking on our tim too
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Happy new year Shades and have a good weekend of running.

What time is it in phoenix? I can't work out when they started and how someone could have done 91 miles already!!!
  • Happy New Year to you all - here starts the serious training for London! May you all enjoy and as Pix says - stay injury free!!
  • Happy New Year everyone as everyone says serious training now I'm also running for a charity The Hospice as I didn't get in the ballot not doing bad 3rd of the way there. Going out to the hair of the dog in our village today then a steedy 3miles later
  • Fairly strong winds this morning but relatively mild so managed 8 miles, hard going at times as I felt as if I was running on the spot with the wind.

• RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    G'day! Still coughing but feeling a bit better. Didn't have a drink last night because of the antibiotics - first dry new year since I was about 14!!!!!

Hopefully I will be back running next week sometime although will have to take a step back to see how I do.

I am running for the hospice that looked after my dad (St Joseph's in Hackney). It is their centenary this year and they have just had a new wing built so everything is looking really good for them. I'm not bothering with fundraising just yet as I know my customers and family will come up trumps nearer the time. We are down the road from West Ham football ground so I am going to try to get a signed football from them to raffle which should bring in a fair bit - most people round here support the team and most people have been helped by the hospice at some time or another.

Anyway, I'm off to see my mum in a while. She has had a bit of a hard time this new year - she is really missing my dad so we are all going to try to spend some time with her. It's her birthday Monday, so I am going to take her out for a meal. Funny how grief catches up with you isn't it? This is our 4th Xmas without dad and the first time it has hit her bad.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

New year's resolutions
    1. I am going to do FLM in under 5 hours!
    2. When I have done that, I am going to do the Loch Ness Marathon.

See ya!
  • (((((((((((((((debbs))))))))))
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Debbs - hope you and your mum have a good day. Hope you're feeling better too! See you at Loch Ness then!!!

I've just done 3 miles in the worst rain and wind I've seen for ages. Yuck. Luckily I had my FLM reject gigantic waterproof on - first time I've worn it.

I've decided to do the Edinburgh triathlon next new years day, having been to watch a bit of it this morning.
  • Happy New Year all!!!!!

Well I have had a fab start to the New Year :-)
    I'm still too full of guff to run so I went to marshall at the Knacker Cracker 12k at Box Hill this morning. I picked up Vrap on the way and we had a whale of a time directing runners up and down mad hills. I was very sad not to be one of the runners but marshalling was the next best thing :-). My post was on the top of a hill so I now have a nice rosy glow :-)
    Might try a slow short trot tomorrow.
  • RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Had a nice afternoon with mum thanks. It is her birthday Monday so have rallied the troops for a meal that night.

Does anyone know the best time to enter Loch Ness? Should I enter now? Had an email from them couple of weeks ago.

JJ - glad you had a good time marshalling. Did you get the email I sent you? (you offered to size my photo for the forum). I had a brainstorm, thought it was debbo that offered and sent what I thought was a second email to her. Doh!

Debbo - was the waterproof waterproof then? Not used it in the rain yet.
  • Debbs if you are a member of a club or a similar affiliated organisation you are more or less guaranteed entry to Loch Ness, I think I have until Sept. to enter as I am a member of a club and SAL. Going to do a bit more downhill/uphill training for this than last year. Good race to do but tough.

Debbo never wear a waterproof jacket as I get too hot in them, have a windproof gillet that keeps the body warm and I wear gloves for the first couple of miles, only once this/last year have I kept the gloves on for the whole run!!
  • RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Jane - just looked at their website. You're right, we have until Sept to enter as long as the race doesn't fill up too fast. Will do lots of hill training too although not too many in London. Greenwich park should be a good place to train as if I recall, there are lots of hills there.

I tend to get hot when running too and end up taking my jacket off and tying it round my waist! I also only wear gloves for a couple of miles and I NEVER wear a hat. I tried once or twice but it was just too much.
  • Debbs

I did get your email and will reply in haste :-) I'm sorry for the delay but my cold seems to have affected my brain :-)