Options

Any Children with Leukaemia runners?

Comments

• Options
    how funny...well it'll be good training for the big day - dodgin irate landowners whilst attempting to pee behind a bush!!!!! apparently that is why one is recommended to wear a nice long bin liner as warm up kit too - in case you are still in the loo queue when the time comes to line up iat the start you can spare your blushes by peeing where you are (or something...)

my mother in law, quite sincerely i believe, suggested disposable incontinence pants...bless her!!
  • Options
    hahaha love her.
    I cant imagine it being too comfy if you needed to pee at mile 10 and were still running 2 hours later. oowwwww feel the burn people!!!
  • Options
    Hi im running for CWL too. This is my second FLM. Training going well. I did 12 miles on sunday in 1.47. Finished last year in 4.32, could not walk very far for 2 days but it was worth it. I am hoping to go under 4hrs this year. Good luck all stay injury free and enjoy the day.
  • Options
    Hi I'm running for CWL in FLM for the first time! Working hard trying to fit my training in with work etc - it's difficult just like it is for everyone else. Keep training hard guys, it will worth it in the end I'm sure, well I hope!
    Cheers Ed
  • Options
    went out in the snow this morning. doesn't it take you back to being made to run cross country at school...in your knickers though!!
  • Options
    What Alexandra, you went running in just your Knickers???!!!!! Mmmmmmmm!
  • Options
    err, no, that would frighten the natives these days and i do not have a hypothermia death wish.

cheeky git!
  • Options
    Sorry wasnt trying to be cheeky just thought it would a tad cold for you. As i speak its snowing outside and I know I've got to do 5 miles tonight at some point!
  • Options
    Apology accepted!

Well, enjoy..and come back tomorrow morning and tell us all that you survived..
  • Options
    Been out and come back 5 miles - brrrrrrrrrrrr! it's cold out there! but i do feel better for do it, honest. It was very slippy in places , but whats worst is that i come back and arsenal are losing 3-0!!typical it just gets worst!
  • Options
    Yes woo hoo! we've scored 3-1!!!!! feel happier now important away goal!
  • Options
    I dont think Ill be coming to the training day afterall folks. I dont like paced runs at all. I prefer to go at my own pace and since they are taking us on a 15 mile run i think Ill give it a miss
  • Options
    very good Ed.gold star! i'm doing a 10k tonight so will not forget my bobble hat..

Liverpool won though so Mr T is very happy. although the goal conceded might come back to haunt them, i understand.

Jenny - I think paced runs are fascist too! and I'm annoyed that there isn't a slower-than-5-but-not-run/walk pace group at the Marathon. AND it seems that to run with a paced group one has to barge through other runners which doesn't seem very friendly.
  • Options
    Its sad though that we have to miss out on the other bits of the day if we dont like paced runs ... Im at a bit of a loss to be honest. I might give them a call and see what they suggest
  • Options
    well, I'm running the Kingston 16 the day after (got dates muddled before!) so there is no way I can manage two long runs back to back..if there is an option of coming along for lunch and the seminar stuff then I might pop in.

truthfully though I think I am getting "training blues" at the mo. am getting a bit sick of all the running and of my hips aching an although I wouldn't give up I just sort of want it all to be over and for April 17th to roll round...
  • Options
    It's interesting you say that 'running blues' as I think I went through that last week! had a cold etc and i'm still finding it difficult to get out the door at the mo we are in the the middle of trainig etc i s'pose still 2 months til Dday! Might just have to go and buy a bit of kit to cheer myself up! Alexandra - that could be the solution, go and treat yourself!
  • Options
    I am a girl. Believe me, I am fully accessorised...

GPS pedometer
    Ipod
    proper shoes, socks, tops, tights etc

What have i missed? I guess there's always the "official" marathon kit to start on!!!!

No, seriously, glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit down about it all. My husband is getting it in the neck rather as well - pre run grumpiness followed by post run exhaustion/demands for tea not to mention lifts in and out of the bath!!!! There should be a spouse support thread too!

• Options
    Hehe me too Glad Im not alone. I have a slight niggle in my hanstring which is putting me off running far.
    I think Ill try a tredmill session tonight rather than running ourtside
  • Options
    I got some of london marathon kit, its good stuff! but get buying soon as i think they are starting to run out of the stuff! I got home from a run last to watch part of the arsenal and my wife-to-be had placed a bowl of hot water, with bubble bath for aching feet infront of the TV (the football was already on!), bottle of lucozade! top lass! how happy was I!
  • Options
    That's clearly why she is your wife-to-be!! An excellent choice, obviously. That's lovely!

My H has been known to hang around in the back garden with a glass of water at roughly my ETA back home, knowing I'll be parched. And to bring the Sunday papers into the bathroom and read them on the floor while I am soaking after a long run, in case I fall asleep and drown myself...

Bigging it up for the spouses!!

*limps off to spend wonga at london marathon store...*
  • Options
    Ive spoken to Caroline at CWL.
    She said if people want to come to the training day and not take part in the run thats just fine, There will be people at the Hall all day so if you'd rather not run at all you can come and have lunch and meet people.

The run will be in laps so if you want to go at your own pace, just do part etc thats fine too.

So Ill see you all there then folks!
    Alexandra do you think you might come?
  • Options
    Well in that case I might come along, do 5 miles or so...will check with H this evening that we're not "booked" to do anything else that day.

Oh, and I just maxed out on marathon kit after getting all wibbly at the music on the marathon store's order line...

Da daaa da daaa de daaa de-da daaa
    Da daaa de-da daaa de-da daaa de-da daaa....

• Options
    ooh what did you buy? I love my FLM 2005 jacket ( ok so it means Im a reject but hey LOL)
  • Options
    the long sleeved white tee AND the big grey hooded top (planning to wear it immediately afterwards accessorised with medal, natch..!!)

i have a problem with the FLM rejects ' jacket - you can't really push the cuffs up on the arms and it just makes me overheat...
  • Options
    yea! i found that about cuffs on the jacket, so i bought the adidas one from the mail order!!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!! its nice!!! i like!!!!
  • Options
    hi all,

Training is now picking up did my first jog without stopping for 1hr 5min 6 mile ish i think last fri. Worked all weekend mon and tues so only managed a couple of 3 mile runs. Went out today for 55min and did 5mile. Hope to run a 8 - 10 miler on sun. just need to be on my feet longer now. I know i will not be able to catch up for lost time but i hope to be up to 15 miles by the time the FLM comes up. Forest won tonight so there must be a god up there looking down on me. I will be calling on him come April 17th. Keep up with the chats it keeps me going.
  • Options
    I know I'm new to this forum thing, but we've gone really quiet com'on guys lets help each other keep adding messages!

I off for a 70 minute fartlek in about 20 minutes and its still snowing!!!!!!

D'oh!
  • Options
    Well done sammy.
    Ive been qiet this week as Ive got a sore hamstring so not been plodding out much. It hurt too much.
    Ive rested it and iced and am ready to have another go now this weekend :-)
  • Options
    Well take care, how did you hurt it? I think I've ANOTHER cold comming on! I can feel it at the back of my throat :-(
  • Options
    I've been quite busy but managed to get a 7 mile on the treddy in 65 mins and have a 16 miler planned for the morning. Just hoping its not too cold!! The route I have has a few big hills so will be a walk/run I think though will do my best to get up them

Hope everyone is getting better. Feel for you Ed, so far managed to avoid all lurgies out there (famous last words!!)