Marathon Windows Tour Of Epsom & Ewell Race 1: 3.3MT

2»

Comments

• McGoohanMcGoohan ✭✭✭
    I see the physio next Wednesday annajo and then, well, we'll see. However, there is a midweek 10K in Reigate on 13/7/05 and I'd really really really like to be back running by then.

Good luck for tonight, BTW

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    cheers, and good luck with the physio
  • was quite funny Tuesday night - went over to Nonsuch Park to do 20 mins on grass and bumped into a load of peeps there for a race. It was the first race I ever did way back in 1998.

I was running the course as I know it's 2.2 miles!
  • Yes but Bear we do it twice!

I found last night quite a struggle, but I always do that one. I start off thinking oh hell time trial which probably doesn't help!

Still will hopefully give me a better handicap time as I was feeling stressed about starting too late to catch up!

In theory Annajo we should cross the finish line together :)
  • Well last night was a bit better. Starting to feel a bit lighter in my legs. I tried staying with the guy in 3rd (someone I can usually stay with when fit), and lasted just under a lap with him. I think it's going to be really close between myself and 3-4 people for the top 10.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    ah fruity you should have said hello!!

fingers crossed tonight i beat the handicap, i usually get stronger during the week so i hope i at least can keep that going
  • Four good days and a slightly below par handicap left me in fourth at the end. Great fun as ever, I'll be back next year. Epsom 10k this morning will make it 7 races in 8 days.
  • After a good week with PBs for races 1,3,5 and near misses for the other two I felt the effects at the Epsom 10k today. Running at same effort according to my HRM as during the Tour produced a pace at least 30secs/mile slower.

Still, enjoyed the Tour more this year than last time I did the whole week a couple of years ago, probably because it was cooler this year.
  • AlfieAlfie ✭✭✭
    Wow, what a great event. Really liked the time trial and handicap although legs suffering a bit now.