Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

"I have my Tour T shirt on in work" - I bet you are gettig a hell of a ribbing !
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Mmm let me see I work with all men they are all couch potatoes except one.......no one understands what it means except one;-)

I mean "I love the Tour de France" of course they have not got a clue;-)

So no ribbing at all:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Jen - as far as technology goes I am notmally just a watch man. I had a forerunner 201 and used it in the car or on the odd run to work out the miles, then used my watch daily. I actually believe i run faster without starps and gadgets.

The other night however I came accross 'motionbased.com' which worked with my 301. Pretty nifty info inc elevations, heart rate and speed at any point etc etc.
    Jen great schedule looks good to me:-)

I am a wee bit tired today so think a nap is in order...jolly glad I have a rest day tomorrow.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi,just come back from the 10,1 hr 17 and i'm bloody knackered.

So,a grand total of 15 miles in under 2 hours today,not bad going.

Club session tomorrow night,another 10 Thursday,6 Friday then rest day,woo hoooooo!

Need food and sleep now,so tired yet so hungry.

Saw the Harriers training tonight,round and round the field.

Evening 8.22 miles for me, undulating (1071 feet of climbing) in 1:03. Av 7:42 miles, Av HR 155, Max HR 205 (How did that happen ?).

I am now GATGET-MAN !!! Next step a jet-pak. !
  • 205??????Good effort!!!

I remember when I first had my HRM and I was not very fit I was also a bit ill (slight throat infection) and my HR hit 225 on the flat!

Next nearest was a brief 188. Hit 205 briefly at the top of a sharp incline. I do recall making an effort up it but do not recall being uncomfortable / eyes popping or anything !

Don't feel too fit at the moment gotta say.

RHR is 53 BTW, and Jen, not surprised you are knackered ! Perhaps you should just sleep on Sat ?

Morning

I love all the data Alex good effort on your behalf:-)

My RHR was always around 55 then when I was ill for a whole year it was 65ish then around a month maybe 6 weeks ago it is..............................................................44!! I was so shocked spend a week taking it to make sure not a glitch;-)

Jen

Great training yesterday but hope you rested and eat well do take care and I agree have a rest on Saturday I think you body will need it.

Rest day for me coach has given me 2 rest days this week which is unheard off but I think he wants a good result from Sunday's race but as it is hilly I believe??? I doubt it but did do Islwyn 1/2 whilst recovering from injury and even with walking for 10 mins ended up doing 2.05 and PB is 1.49 so anything in between will be good:-)

have a good day and train well:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    Although a PB would be fantastic and would see me very excited:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Poppy - I have grovelling apologies to make!!!!

First congrats on your new nephew - it's lovely having new life come into the family!

Second - I can't do this race. It's the day after the MacMarathon, there is no way I would be able to do a 10k the day after that!. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a lift.

Are you doing the Cardiff 8K on the 21st August? Now I CAN take you there, I've entered and everything.

I will also be doing Cardiff in October, the jury is still out on whether I do the half or the full Monty. It is just two weeks after Windsor ½, I will decide in another two weeks. Either way your company would be appreciated!

<<<this thread is turning into a very scary Welsh Training Thread - good running all of you>>>
  • of course Poppy, I an talking about the HSCB Cardiff 10k, I have pasted this message into the threads you post on!!

<<<maybe I should have just emailed you - doh!!>>>
  • Hiya everyone,what a beautiful day!This is a bit more like the weather!

Got a club session tonight.Really looking forward to it.

When I woke up this morning,I was so tired I felt sick!Had a bit of a dogey sleep last night,think that I was so tired that I didn't actually sleep very well but I know that i'll sleep like a log tonight.

Legs are feeling pretty good after yesterday's efforts.

Is anyone doing Brecon 10?I've entered for it today,sent my entry form off this morning.It's on the 7th August.

Poppy,are you still coming to Llanelli 5K next Tuesday?Alex,glad to hear you aren't feeling fit,i'll be £5 up next week then ;-)

Morning,

I'm in the Brecon 10. Mostly off road from what I remember reading which is something I like.

You are right about the data, it is very intersting poppy. I hate wearing the aparatus though !

Weather is top stuff.

<b>SYTS
    Re-post with the right spelling and punctuation !

Morning,

I'm in the Brecon 10. Mostly off road from what I remember reading, which is something I like.

You are right about the data, it is very interesting poppy. I hate wearing the apparatus though!

Weather is top stuff.

SYTS
  • SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS SNTS

Oooooooh ! It really really musta hurt !

But I still quite like it.

Have read in a book by Ovetts coach that sand is top stuff. Dunes in particular.

Therefore ipso facto in the fullness of time by burkes fourth theorem of me being right my views are scientifically supported.

SYTS
  • Sand is evil.Besides,i'm doing just fine without it.

So there.

I am no stranger to pain whilst training,in fact,in a sadistic sort of way I enjoy pain whilst training,but sand is just a nasty pasty.

SNTS.

;-)righmit=Submit

hmmmm ? A website bug !
    Mmmmm

strange going on's today;-)

CDK

Ah all is clear no problem about Cardiff 10k see you at the 8k and Cardiff marathon although in my case the 1/2 and no I am not looking at doing a marthon...Poppy shakes head but here heart is telling her somthing else No I shall be strong....

Jen

Yes looking forward to 5k dont know the course flat?
    undualating?
    On road?
    Off road?

SNTSSNTSSNTS

I have Ovetts autoboigraphy...boring as pants!!! not a thirs through it yet had it since November
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • The course is great,parts of it include
    going over a bridge,going up/down some steps,going over a bit of field and there's a bit of undulation but flat on the whole.

There's enough variation in it to make it interesting.It's mainly on the Coastal Path so nice and quiet.

SNTS Forever.End of.
    Oh it sounds a great course not a boring one I like the coastal path.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It's really nice,you register at the Grange then jog over to the Leisure Centre for the start and it finishes at the Grange.

Small field too,only about 30 runners.

Rachel Goddard won the first race and one of our girls (Ingrid) won the second race.

"I have Ovetts autoboigraphy...boring as pants" - the book I have is by his coach. Have only dipped in to it.

I like running in small fields.
  • I think you should all be made to run intervals up the dune to Pennard castle hehehe

If you like hills run the one I used to do from Dunvant square to Three Crosses.... ball breaker
    Yep done that one as my hill sessions not done it this year boy it was a tough one and people came out of the houses across the road to watch me:-(

Jen

I hope I am not going to be last with just a tiny field of 30 runners:-(((((

Alex-you like running in small fields....ones that has cows in or Horses;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    If anyone notices me slipping in the word marathon along with this year and Toronto please stop me bigtime I am being strong at the moment but every time I look at the hotel and etc I am weakening!!!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression