Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Hi people,

6 miles tonight, not taking my watch at the moment just concerntrating on getting out there.

Not so bad this week, considering marathon then cold 6th Nov on.

About 18 or so miles, and I only started up on (was it ?) wed.

Poppy, I can promise you that if I had thought for one minute it was guys in the buff I would not have followed the link !

So, new trail shoes. Which ones ?

I have been running this week in some new Saucony Grid Trigon 3 Ride which I bought in the NYC Marathon Expo.

Very good, and a similar shoe to the pegasus, up to 7 miles anyway. Just have to see how they perform over a longer dist and with more of a pounding.

Phil, I note the news said "England Narrowly Lost" rarther than "England were beaten by 13 men" !

I have some NB 871 trail shoes. Worn them around alot and I have used them on the running machine. Perhaps they can have a rip at the MM. You would think I would use trail shoes regulary seeing as I do so many whacky races innit ?
  • Morning

It is FREEZING out there has been all weekend!!
    12 done yesterday and 6 thisd morning but had to be so careful as very icy.

Trail shoes are Asics gel tiago the best for grip so i was told by the guy who is running MM in R&B

have a good day wrap up warm and watch the ice when running
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • A bad day for me day of work as so fed up with whats going, on only to have my back go into spasm's spent all day in pain and on heavy duty muscle relaxant and in bed only starting to feel a wee bit human again just hope I am not in for a bad night.
    no reason for it last time was 2 week before FLM and for 3 weeks after and doing flm:-(
    Did I mention nothing staying inside me, me and the bucket are good friends!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• I bought an orange bucket today. 98p in B&Q

• Going to have a night in building a new* pc. My stomach, which has been suffering from bloating in recent months, has been great since coming back from new your. Lots of fruit salad helped as did a week off the dairy stuff so no dairy overload.

I often find a jalfrezi (burns on way in and out) a good cure for bowel problems. One shot kills all.

* bought some 2nd hand bits on eBay. Bargain !
  • Hello back at you

How is the PC coming along?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I have also been ebaying whilst off work.....hides purse from Poppy

Also Chrissy shopping on the internet and furniture shopping but did find just the dresser I was looking for:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• PC is half done. Would normally take only a couple of hours but there was an issue with an abnormally large carlos fandango graphics card fittig in the cheap case I bought. Have not bought a £54 aluminium case from PC World and have got to transfer it all from one to the other.

New PC is a RAID board so now I can be assure of not losing my stuff.

This PC I am on now is an XP2000 (1.66 Ghz) I have another running at 1.25 Ghz that should be set to about 2ghz, I use that for large dowloads and burning dvd's etc. Have them both on a KVMS switch at my desk.

I have another XP2000 based one assembled and working behind me and then there is this latest one I am building. Once done I am selling one, probably this one, to Neil.

Dressers eh ? Not got a clue me. What sort ?
  • OOh sounds tricky but I am sure you can do it.

What is a RAID board?

KVMS switch?

A solid pine dresser being delivered from Norfolk with matching sideboard....this is something i know about:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• KVMS - Keyboard Video Mouse Sound.

You plug 2 pc's in to the switch then one Keyboard Monitor Mouse and Speaker in to the switch. You can then control 2 pc's off one desk with one set of peripherals, changing from PC to PC by typing "scroll lock" quickly twice.

RAID - 2 disk drives that mirror each other live. If one goes down you still have the other.
  • Ah I now understand we had KVMS in work on one of the pc's before we had the server installed.

RAID is that where is makes a dual copy of info on to the two mirrored hard drives? we have that set up on server so we will never lose anything again.....mind you the sever cost a fair bit of money.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Yup, that's it.

For a firm your size it did not need to cost loads if someone there knew about these things.

Backups are vital. Even I am a bit lax about it.

Just finised loads of desk work, now off to kick some builder-butt !

• Anyone fancy Ras Y Mast 6.5 in Llanybydder this Sun ?
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Dunno about the Ras y Mast , But

what about a Forum Christmas party in Wind St?
    I'm back from Italy on Wednesday 14th so any date after that.

• Yes, may be up for this, albit a meal may well be more up my (wind) street as I don't drink. Phil may well not take much pursuading.
  • Mmmm

It could be a good idea but can it be a smoking free place do we were our running kit ;-)
    I don't drink as you well know George but that could be his plan not to include me:-(

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will not be able to drink as taxi too expensive from Swansea to the Kingdom of Porthcawl, quite up for a meal though - the menu must contain pies and chips!![just to bring up an old argument!!]

• I don't mind giving you a lift home if you want to drink phil.

Shall we start a list ?

(groan)
  • Christmas forum party

Alex
    George
    Phil
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Are you going to put yourself on the list then ? Seeing as you don't smoke and have a perticular diet I guess you will have to choose the venue if you come.

• And we need a date.
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Welsh Poppy
    Seeing that you would be the sensible one, you pick the venue .... and seeing that I am now offically RETIRED, pick a date too !! But I will be away until the 15th so any day (or evening ) after that.
  • .......as long as it's not the evening before Merthyr Mawr!!

I'm babysitting on the 16th, so that is cutting my options down a bit. I am not a drinker as well - but I do like eating, especially in a smoke free zone!

<<If you like chips I could recommend a place near the Morfa Stadium that do a cod and chips to be proud of>>
  • Seeing as I dont eat fish..shudders at the thought of dead animals being eaten and chips not a venue I would ever have been in.

Afraid it looks like 16th December as most of us dont work Saturday so dont have sore heads going to work!!

Christmas forum party 16th December

Venue to be arranged(help)
    7PM

Alex
    CDK
    George
    Phil
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 16th is now fine by me as I am babysitting on the 17th instead. Unfortunately, as my brother is unlikely to get home before 2 or 3 am, this is putting Merthyr Mawr in doubt.

I'm a girl who needs her sleep before 'racing' (I'm slow enough on a full night's sleep - let alone having to stop for a nap halfway).

I'm looking forward to this now - it'll be a change to be able to sit down and chat face to face.
  • ps, I'm going to paste the last few posts onto the social thread, just incase people don't think to pop in here!!!
  • CDK
    Get your party frock out!!

I am working on the venue
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Going to be a busy day that.

Pies all round then, apart from Poppy unless someone sells pies made of air with air in them that is.
  • the 16th is good for me, but i'll be driving - thanks for the lift offer Alex, but Mrs Phil is due to pop with Phil Jnr mk2 on Jan 2nd, so must keep on mobile alert!! Cdk- is that the Rossis chippy you're on about - have been there, very good, but Dick Bartons in west cross my personal fav.