Options

It's no sacrifice...22/04/06

Comments

• Options
    Morning all,
    Nice, sunny and warm here in Kent, lets hope tommorow brings more of the same!

Happy tapering FLM runners and remember keep drinking fluids all day and stay hydrated and no Indian Take aways tonight, thats my special treat! ;p

What:
    am: 6-miles steady (7:15mm) already done, legs tired today as I ran 14m plus circuits yesterday, pleasant run though enjoyed the warm sun, not fast but thats not the point for today!

pm: 6-miles steady/comfy + 5x100m stride outs, same mindset as this morning, though will push closer to LT pace if I feel good during run.

Why:
    Aerobic endurance and 10k training plan.

STELLINA:
    It wasn,t me!!!! :)

I did run yesterday, but nowhere near the prison or town, I ran Ashford Road, Hollingbourne and then the Pilgrims Way. Nice route but rather hilly whichever way I decide to run it!

• Options
    Morning all,

Best of luck to all racers this weekend, marathon or otherwise. Justy relax and let your training do its work.

• Options
    Hi, haven't posted for a while as I've been in China so just popped in to wish all those doing FLM the best of luck.

What: Probably 4-5 miles later on
  • Options
    Morning All

NRG-B congrats re the job offers, I hope that you will be happy with which ever offer you take.

FLM- runners go well, I won't comment any further on FLM!

what: Nowt

Why: 22 Miles yesterday and then 4 hours stood up at Robbie Williams concert has made my legs like lead, but Mrs DD in 7th heaven as stood one row back from the front. Have to admit RW is very good entertainer.

Last Hard: yesterday

Happy tapering / running / racing

• Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Afternoon. Quick post before leaving for London - if we don't make it in time Alison will kill me.

What - 45 miles on the bike with local chain gang. Went over the hills and went pretty well, led a bit of a chase of a guy that had ridden away and when we got to the top I looked behind and there was only one other with me and the guy still off the front out of about a dozen that took that route.

If anyone is signing on for FLM late this afternoon I'll have 3 kids with me aged 4 (boy),4 (girl), and 7 (girl), be wearing a pink carnation and carrying a copy of the times (not really).
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

Slept like a baby last night, so that should make up for the likely restless night I'll have tonight. Biggest stress at the moment is that London Transport will be running OK and I won't be having a nervous breakdown stuck on a Tube somewhere, like I keep dreaming happens ...

NRG-B - congrats on the job offers! As you say, it never rains ...

BR, thanks for the words of wisdom yesterday. As hubby said to me last night, it doesn't matter where I come or what time I finish in, I'm still a winner to him :-)

So - today:

What: Work out mile times for support crew, investigate bathroom cabinet for Imodium supplies (check); AAA batteries purchased for foot pod (check); pack race bag, pin race no. on t-shirt and attach ChampionChip to shoe; hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
    Why: Race tomorrow (GULP!)
    Last hard: Withstanding today's excitement, nerves and stress.
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Run well, FLMers. Remember that it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees :-)
  • Options
    Afternoon.

What: worrying.
    Why: thought I had a lift tomorrow but no all fell through got to do London Transport and no one to go with :( How pathetic am I! I will just add that all my club mates are driving but no room for me...hubby is working on a water station so he gets a lift. Huh.

Oh well, have bought biofreeze, exta stron nurofen and immodium so I should kill all pain receptors and normal bodily functions for long enough to get round. I will have AJH on the front and Mandy on the back, and once I have got over my sulk I will be smiling!

Good luck to everybody whether racing or training or supporting. I hope the weather is good to supporters.

I am quite looking forward to a beer after having been good for a few weeks now.
  • Options
    Afternoon.
    Quick post to wish all a great FLM and Lochaber.

Just got in from cycle.

What: 35 miles
    Why: dunno
    Last Hard: today
    Last rest: 12 April

Will pop in later to catch up
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    hello again.

in amongst all the excitment I've reappeared to post that I managed to squeeze 8.1 miles out this morning. HR way up on what it should be. Pace was what should be easy but HR was up in the tempo range.

I think I know what the problem is. Am finally seeing the doc next week.

Looking forward to seeing nrg-b tomorrow, and to finally meeting Hollywood and Stellina.

• Options
    one last good luck to all the FLMers- have fun and hope you all get home safely

also hope the 5kers - gobi, holly and URR go well today and simon in the regionals tomorrow

congratulations to RFJ on your 2nd place, excellent running

some good long runs being reported - NZC on a tough one, hope you have a great holiday in OZ, and DD on the 22

i did my longest in a few weeks which was 8 miles. took it as slow as necessary to keep HR at 135/ c75% and felt really nice being able to easily keep it down the whole run.

saw 2 people - one at about half way and one when nearly finished. both said exactly the same thing....

...... are you running the marathon tomorrow?

i'm very happy if they think i look like a marathon runner!

what - 8 miles very easy
    why - some aerobic miles

• Options
    forgot to say good day's work NRG - must be great having people fighting over you

nice ride scoobs and nice run mava - hope the doc is able to get you right and feeling full of beans again
  • Options
    nrg-b - i'm beginning to wonder. all i can imagine is it'll be a low-key affair - i hope anyway. perhaps i'll have to don some hen night t-shirt and parade her around town all night.

lovely ride today - summer's here in reading. along with a million bugs that smashed into my helmet and glasses. and also hayfever. but the nice ride made it all worthwhile.

got a pb on my 62 mile route today by 15 minutes. also used the tribars for the first time since october - felt nice like relaxing stretched out on the sofa. all those hours turboing on the tribars infront of the tv over winter paid off. my brain just thought it was infront of the tv - half the time i thought i was looking at the tv - the other half i was glancing around trying to find it. strange experience.

good luck then flmers and other racers on sunday.
  • Options
    URR- hope the 3k goes well.

Good luck for all doing FLM tommorow, I'll be sat down watching it from the start, cheering you all on! I'm certain we'll see some exceptional performances, and equally perhaps a few dissappointments. However, rememember that no matter how bad it gets, at the end of the day you're there to enjoy yourself, so make sure you do! and if you're running well, enjoy the atmosphere as you glide along.

Enjoy and hopefully I'll see you all there next year!
  • Options
    Stellina - Stumpy is still in Cairo! But will be back and shouting tomorrow (I hope)!

Erectaloo - healing vibes - you'll not lose anything skipping today and you'll be superbly strong at Comrades!

Was that an "XFR beaver" post I saw there earlier? And you'll never meet Stellina and I - not with our disguises on... Also, from RichK's lists it seems Stickless might be there :-)

Had a good run round BPTT this morning. Legs felt knackered from yesterday's cycle but managed a more even paced run that beat last week's PB time by 1 second - 21:05 - really good confidence builder as I just know I can knock 15 seconds off that with fresher legs :-) Was really lovely sunny weather - and I think the turnout may be a record - getting nearer 200 - but much as I like meeting new forumites (hello RatRace!) I wish Gobi would stop turning up with runners who are faster than me...

Shiraz also slow jogged it - complete with FLM race number - but is now looking a tad lost waiting for tomorrow... And every time she sees a weather forecast it just gets wetter...
  • Options
    Good afternoon folks

just popping in to wish all Marathon runners out tomorrow all the best - looks liek the weather could be OK for you, just dodge the draft form mr Gebreselassie.

Been out every other day this week and feeling fitter. Absolute mess of an orineteering session today, spent 10mins wandering around off the map at one point. Still the weather and wildlife were beautiful.

30 mins uphill NZC - excellent. that's your reward next w/e SR - 3 times over, hehehe.

off to mow lawn now :-(
  • Options
    Afternoon,

My very best wishes to all the marathoner's tomorrow. May the conditions be kind and your legs and hearts strong.

Great long run NZC, have fun in Australia.

I am slowly building up the time on my feet. I find that the right calf gets very sore after about an hour of running and then it gets very painful after I have massaged it so the training goes like two days running, a day on the bike and a days rest. Today was a running day -

What: 90 mins + over trails and country paths
    Why: time on my feet and stretch the calf

Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Thursday

Interesting run this morning, found a football some 2 miles from the nearest house????? And saw a greater spotted woodpecker :)

Really looking forward to tomorrow
  • Options
    Afternoon

10+ miles, my long slow run for this week.

Well done RFJ on your 2nd place, and I liked Bryn's story too.

Continued calming and good vibes to all , and safe journeys north and south.

Can't wait for tomorrow, and I'm not even running.

:0)
  • Options
    Haven't been around here much this week due to work and social callings so dropped in to see what was going on. Jobs, nrg-b? Good luck!

I'm getting excited for FLM tomorrow, yet I'll miss most of it as I'm trotting around the hills and recceing Crowden horseshoe fell race tomorrow morning (8M and 1700ft of fun) with some other clubmates.

What: a lovely, steady 7M or more o'er hill and dale, 150av, in 63mins.
    Why: a lovely morning.
    Last hard: Tues and Thurs
    Last rest: yesterday

Good luck to the Barnsley AC massive and hilly (including legionella) as well as all of the forumites, I'll be searching for the hallowed blue vests on the highlights in the evening and awaiting the texts and results on here! Good luck to an Lochaber runners too!
  • Options
    mavamava ✭✭✭
    Hollywood, that post was the actual, real XFR Bear, not me! And I think I might just recognise you!

I have some pink pom poms to wave around so look out for them.

I'm getting excited now, and I'm just supporting.
  • Options
    Micksta - I was about to shout 'Mickstaaaaa' - I'm glad I haven't done it.

I went a bit up the Ashford road too today. It's hilly everywhere in Maidstone though.

Holly - gosh about Stumpy, thought you were kidding - it's only me of group nine then? panic!
  • Options
    The real Bear!!! Also I've only just realised quite how rude my previous amalgam was - sorry!

** - never fear - we've got nrg-b reinforcements on the way, I'll be there, Stumpy is right now on a plane, and we also have Mrs GregW and Mrs Mercury there to help plus DM, moomoo and Zilla as floaters... besides if it does all go wrong then we can just sip the wine and watch the crowds go past...

Gotta go now - gotta go back and torment Shiraz some more - phrases like "everyone will be so proud if you make it half way" are just sooooooo much fun tonight!
  • Options
    You have to have seen Zilla swimming to understand how funny it is that he's a floater tomorrow ;-)
  • Options
    Evening all!

What: 1.5 mile loosener for the legs
    Why: FLM tomorrow

As Bryn suggests, I'll try and enjoy it all first and foremost.

And now for pudding ....
  • Options
    Hollywood

glad I was able to point you in right direction even from far away Wales:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    OOh say hellow To Zilla for me met him last weekend for 1st time....such a nice chap not scary at all;-0
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I'm still here guys - we leave home 4am Monday morning so 5pm, Sunday your time. Hopefully I might see some reports before I leave.

Thanks for all the well dones on my long run.

Good 5k Holly - we'd be racing each other over 5k if I was there - about the same times. Great pic of Shiraz - she looks lovely - hope she has a good one - shame you didn't get in flm too but I guess she's glad she's had all your support.

Fell Liker - good luck with the fell race.

sfth legs - you sound like me - I've gone completely off the map plenty of times. The last time I got completely lost in the forest my husband and son came looking for me in the car down a track right off the map and my son was saying "she won't be down here". I was so glad that my husband had just thought - "just think where she shouldn't be" - and there I was!

Bryn - guess you will be also thinking of your friend tomorrow - others will be thinking about you.

Good luck Urban with the 3k track race.

Last good luck to the marathoners - yes Minks - you are all winners - each and every one of you - no matter how fast you run - have a good one.
  • Options
    Treadmill – no eyeballs out from me tomorrow I’m afraid. But I did do so last night so can that count please?

I am so tired after my cycle today and then I had to clean up the house for all arriving to watch flm tomorrow and then do all the food shopping. My legs are so wobbly and I haven’t even had wine! I will have to go to bed in a minute as can’t keep my eyes open.

NZC – that sounds exhausting – well done! Have a lovely time in ozz!

Hipps – hang on 5am is night time!

Legionella – off course apple pie counts!

Paul – good to hear all is behaving.

SR – how awful for your friend. She must be absolutely fuming!

JD – twas me that has done the hill twice now, so thank you. Just one more time to go up it unhindered and I’ll be happy that I’ve truly cracked it. I got blasted by the flies today too! But managed to avoid eating any which is always a bonus. The weather today was glorious here also.

Aardvark – hope the achilles behaved.

RFJ – take it easy, you’ve just done one hec of a fantastic race!

Gary T – hi, nice to see you back. How was China?

Mava – well done on your run and good luck with the docs!

Clink – 8 miles eh? Coming on very nicely!

Hollywood and Gobi well done on the bushy watsits!

Night all! Tomorrow is going to be one exciting day!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Well done Hollywood and Gobi

Thanks for all the well dones, its been really encouaging.

Must admit, caved in tonight and coundnt resist going out for a recovery run,

So did 3.5m easy and feel great.

All the best to those racing at FLM and other races and look forwards to the reports.
  • Options
    Evening all. Spent the last 2 nights in hospital with No.1 son, he's out now & all is well but it has produced a fair bit of time out from running.

Will try to get out for a run in the morning before watching the marathon on TV. Good luck & best wishes to all marathoners tomorrow.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    200M: Hope your son is back to full recovery soon.

Just got back from seeing BR and Hilly at Victoria. Very pleased to meet Hilly at last.

Was introduced to the newest member of Barnsley AC, forumite mburla who lives in (wait for it!) Israel :-) He'll be running with MikeB tomorrow. I think SiT knows mburla too.

Looks like I'll have to be v. quick with the cameras tomorrow.