Options

Bob Graham SOS

2»

Comments

• Options
    he he
    quality eh?

Yes, usually i have more to say, and i feel ive been a bit unpolite. At the time I felt grumpy and hard done by the slightest inconvenience (shouting at Jules as Little Town), but the support was first class - dead right I needed someone to follow at all times!

Sorry about the quads, mine are blown. Perplexed as to why my calves feel fine.

Dont forget to email thru any pics!
  • Options
    oh yes... they're not great tbh..

although i do have some nice GPS traces if you have google earth or similar.
  • Options
    Smart,

Ive got a garmin as well, in the past i did some jiggery pokery with photoshop and a map i bodged from the internet - is there a better way ???
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    I have a friend who mentioned attempting the BGR so looked in to see how you'd got one.
    Well done again - hope you're recovering gradually.
  • Options
    Thanks, hopefully i can walk tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Ed, can you send me the gps plots ?
  • Options
    i'll get right on to it...
  • Options
    Wow, what a day for us and massive congrats again to you Andy! We really enjoyed being part of your event and learnt lots about how the support needs to work. Absolutely cracking day out for us, and even had a mad idea of coming back to Keswick for the finish but in fact collapsed in bed early sat evening after all that sunshine so can hardly imagine what it must have felt like for you after the whole round! I must say, the mother in me was a bit worried about you coping with heat like that which makes it even more of a phenomenal achievement. Good fun meeting the rest of your support too.

Monique - don't bank on me making an attempt though have to say I feel more inspired now, and jake definitely wants to have a go. Great how the forum support comes into its own. Can't see why you wouldn't do it too come to think of it!

Look forward to detailed report andy, rest those legs well.
  • Options
    I didnt know you were scar runner!

It was a mad crazy day, i enjoyed your company though a bit short of words. I just kept on having to concentrate on maintaining the dis-comfort zone!

Its a weird event, ill get all my thoughts down on it.

Quads are knacked, my mouth is full of ulcers (depressed immune system), and DONT mention bananas :)
  • Options
    i'll just assume i didn't meet scar runner.. was too busy snoozing in the park in keswick.
  • Options
    Laura, Andy stoppit! I am not about to do this ever, although Dave's 3 day version with camping and pubs sounds good. I just can't remember which hill we were at the top of picking our way over huge rocks that wobbled when you stood on them,thinking "what this place needs is tarmac". And as for that scree- not my idea of having the earth move for me....Perhaps I would be less cautious if I hadn't spent so much on race entry fees this year that I have yet to do..
  • Options
    hello mon. seems you're famous up north.
  • Options
    Laura? whos she?

Ed: Scar was on Leg 3 so you prob didnt cross paths

Monique wants to do 'Arc to Arches' - heard of that Ed? You could support on London-Dover leg, he he

Monique: Good luck again
  • Options
    shouldn't that be arch to arc.... but yes obviously i've heard of it ;-)

no chance of getting me to swim the channel fortunately. good to hear she's thinkng of doing some proper running for a change.
  • Options
    He he, ok ok,

Those dumps are awesome on google, i just never knew it could do that, i will have to review my logs!