training session saturday 22 feb

2»

Comments

• Brilliant Hilly. Know what you mean about peaking early. You just want to bottle the feeling you had today and uncork it on the start line @FLM. I had one a few weeks back where I could have breezed through a marathon.

What: 6 easy
    Why - went to Hull to watch `football' and took my kit with me - such a nice day. Plus race tomorrow.

Last hard: Thurs
    Last rest: last Sat

Good luck to all those racing tomorrow.
  • Good luck all.

What: easy 5 miles, interspersed with some faster strides, scheduled run.
    Preparing for tomorrow's 20-miler
  • typical pre race training

15 mile longest run ever tomorrow

went out got drunk and smoked for first time in four months today feel very very baaaad tonight

zilla should boycott any meeting eith old uni mates
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    It's good to 'let your hair down' once in a while Godzilla. But as for the smoking, not that's a noooooooo! Never mind, forget about it now and enjoy that long run tomorrow!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    should say now instead of not!
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    That really is awesome stuff Hilly.

What: one hour gentle bike ride
    Why: felt like it!
    Last hard day: Thursday
    Last rest day: Last Saturday

Looking forward to my 21 miler tomorrow. Did the same run, same weekend, last year at 7:11 pace so it'll be interesting to see how far behind I am this year.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Drew-good luck tomorrow, I hope you have a smooth run like I did today! Let us know how you get on. Happy running!!
  • Thanks hilly,

I intend to be a good boy from tomorrow got a raging headache and a nasty tummy from the smoking (erm and maybe the booze)....

i think my body is talking
  • Very well done indeed to all of you who've done so well today!

Hilly, that's an absolutely fantastic run :)

Zilla - <piglet darts over to big lizard and bites him on the tail> NAUGHTY LIZARD!!! Smoking indeed, when you went to all the trouble of giving it up!! No more, now: promise! Phew...
  • Great running guys - major mileage going on today!

Me - I'm off to do the "big one" tomorrow morning. I totally agree Hilly - it's great when it's done!!
  • Indeed some impressive sessions recorded -Snicks, Hilly in particular.

what: 6.7K in 27:40
    why: continuing return from illness

Was q chilly by the time I got out (immediately after the Wales-England game) - recorded a ludicrously high avge HR (165) which I'm minded to blame at least in part on a frustratingly poor England display. Also the cold air gunged me up - looking forward to a run in rather milder conditions.