Monday 27th November 2006

2»

Comments

• BR-Just read your report from yesterday. Well done. You equaled my 10k pb.
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Clink - oops! The website I cut and pasted that from obviously got it a bit wrong - should be from head to heel, obviously!!
  • Wabo - good going there!

MtB - no disrespect to BR on his fine return to form, but I think we all know that 10k PB of yours is due for some serious downward revision!

My lunchtime '6 miles easy' became 7.3 miles verging on steady (about 54mins)...pushed along by a nice tailwind on the exposed first half of the route, then nicely sheltered on the second half. Much milder out there than it's been of late.

For now...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    clink rain in eyes, up nose in shoes! And the place we stayed only had a shower!! Mind youiit was lovely and hot and I almost didn't come back out again!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What: 6.4 miles hilly.
    Why: Its Monday and there are a couple of fantastic views of Sheffield from the top :)
    Last Hard: Friday.
    Last Rest: All weekend!

Nicely mild with a bit of a breeze today - perfect weather and with the confidence up a bit from the 10 miler last Friday this was one of the most enjoyable runs I've had for a long time :)

Good racing at the weekend, especially those who beat expectations or the elements.

Have a good day all

Dave
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh I forgot

What: easy 4 mile later in still wet shoes
    why: came straight to work from w/e away and these are the shoes I have!
    last hard: yesterday, just starting the race!
    last easy: sat and friday which I think helped me yet again!

Take care all, its a lovely sunny day today!
  • Afternoon all,

Stickless - great effort at the relay. Sounds like you're getting your mojo back.

BR: I can't see that you're overtraining if you can clock 34:35. Glad you're feeling like a runner again.

Hilly: Sounds like we both had an off-day. You'll be back - hopefully on 22/4/07. FWIW I don't thnk you can run your best 10k during Marathon training (and vice-versa) though. Look at Paula - in 2002, 2nd fastest time in history at FLM, went away and trained for 10k then ran 2nd fastest time in history at european champs. In 2005 she finished 9th in world championship 10k final the week before winning the world championship.

RJF: Well done to mini-RJF. If Newbury was half as wet as Downton, it must have been a quagmire!

clink: Solid run at Salford and you seem to have hit your targets on a tough course.

LizzyB: Shame we missed each other. I think I saw Mr B taking my photo - I looked pretty much like my photo to the right with the same vest - No 340 I think. Sounds like we had a similar experience!

FL: Shame about the shoe and good luck with the presentation.

Holly: Forgotten what?

imski: Sounds like you're in the commiserations camp for your XC.

Wabo: Great time in the conditions - no wonder you're chuffed!

Chip v Tape debate: Do chips work underwater? If not, it would have been irrelevant for me in yesterday's race.

Thanks for all your comments about Yesterday's "performance". I think the problem was I was below par with residual lurgy and continuing PF, and my head hadn't decided what I was doing there: racing, or getting my name on a result sheet for a FLM place. When the going got tough, my head settled for the latter. Tom's comments were also very astute, and hit the nail on the head as usual.

What: 8m recovery
    Why: Recovery
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: 216 days

Have a good one!

Downton - I'll be back.

• What: 3miles
    6 x 400m hills
    3miles
    Felt tough after a decent week of base building last week. This week front loaded ready for first XC of the season on Sunday.

Last Hard: Friday
    Last rest: yesterday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    minks when our forum baby has reached its full size you will feel like your whole tummy rolls over everytime he/she moves!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    reached = reaches!!
  • Chip V Gun - I've taken part in races which used chip times only, ie nobody taking gun times at all...

Out on the track today for the first time since July:

What: 10x1k in 5 min off 200m walks
    Why: Testing how realistic a sub 50min 10k is for next month.

Went fine, 9 done in 4:50-4:55 so had a go at doing the last one in 4 mins (my pre-op k-rep target). Managed 4:03 with a lot of effort! Reckon I'll get inside 50 min for my 10K, which is a big relief. Don't want my new PW (currently 44min) to be too slow!
  • The guy who got the same gun time as me but squeezed in front got the V45 prize. But my chip time was 3 seconds quicker than his. I would love to lay claim to 3rd V45 in such a high quality field. 1st V45 did 31.07!!!
  • Afternoon All

What: rest
    Why: recovery from hard weekend
    Last hard: work - it's taking over
    Last rest: monday

After a very quick read (so apologies if I missed you out) I have lots of well dones to offer. At Leeds: Drew on the PB; Treadmill; Wardi; BR - I'm really, really pleased for you; Hilly - not your day, but it will come;

XCers: Xerxes, Micksta; RFJ; FL; Legionella
    Others: Stickless (mebbe? have to been listeing to the Archer's?); Tom; clink; LizzyB; Wabo

AF - sounds miserable!
  • Blimey, how many posts yesterday! Haven't had time to read back over today and the weekend, will do later.

What: 50mins easy
    Why: Base building

Lyrics: No

Last rest: Saturday
  • Evening All.

Well done to yesterdays racers, especially wabo; a sterling effort in very difficult circumstances.

What. 9 miles including 100's x 11 with 50's recovery.

Start nights tonight. At least theres only 2 to do.

Good Runnings everyone.
  • Not followed today's thread but... I'm listening to the radio... and I now know the lyrics from a few days ago "What a drag it is the shape I'm in" :-)
  • Mini Minks needing 14.5" shoes! LOL!
    Some more hard racing reports popping up today, well done to you all.

Personally.I'm feeling a bit off colour today, beginnings of a sore throat and cold. Just as I was preparing for a good training week. Do I just shut up and get on with it?
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    If it were me Blisters I would wear an extra layer than is necessary and go for a steady 5-8 mile run. Try and sweat it out, in other words. It usually works for me, but take no notice cos' I ain't no doctor!

Wabo.. a splendid effort in those conditions, well done.

Imski.. sorry to hear you had a bad day, hope it's a one-off.

Treadmill.. I saw that V45 time! He would win a few local races with times like that. We are not worthy etc.

Hilly.. 2 bottles of Merlot? For that extra mellow feeling I presume {O:

Today.. 20 miles commute on the bike followed by an easy 5 mile run.

Culinary notes for Legionella.. following today's exercise I have just consumed a Ginsters steak pie and chips, drizzled with a vinegar jus.
  • Evening,

Blisters, just take it easy with the running intensity and pay close attention to and further symptoms.

Today was

What: 6 miles at mid day and 6 miles this evening
    Why: general aerodic work and milage building

Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 31 days

TTFN
  • Well done wabo.

Imski - do you know exactly what caused the slump?

Wardi - there was some `ably assisting' going on with the 2 bottles:-)

MtB - chip time is 34:27 now, so my 8th fastest 10k:-)

Good effort on the intervals 200 mins.

Anyone know when / where the photos from Leeds are out?

Lyrics - The Clash, Magnificent Seven
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

as always late posting on a Monday....

Well dones to those who have posted since yesterday (as havent read back through)...

What - double day

5.25 at Lunch Recovery
    5.75 at Club Tempo

Why - Strength and miles

Last Rest - Thurs

Last Hard - Tonight.

Take care
  • BR looking at their website , they seem to be about 2 months behind!
    2 bottles for one Brilly machine, would make even a hardened drinker like me slightly mellow!

10 miles 'challenging' stuff on the treadmill. Raced yesterday but my legs couldn't remember it! Felt really good. Tomorrow may tell a different story.
  • 40mins easy tonight ended up with 1 mile in the middle at what I thought might be HM pace, actually stayed below 80% WHR!

Pleased with that! ok time to back off again and stick with the winter training plan of <70% running.