What are you doing on Christmas Day...?

Comments

• On the stella all day rounded of with some seasonal domestic violence.....I wish my mother in law did'nt drink so much because come early evening she'll start throwing a few windmills in my direction.
  • Get woken up by SoVeryTiring 1 at 7ish,a nd go wake up SVTing 2
    Open stockings (no, that's nothing to do with Meldy)
    Have breakfast
    Take SVTing 1 to church while Mrs SVT sorts dinner
    Have dinner with parents-in-law and wife's aunt (aunt-in-law)
    Crash out for the afternoon or go visit niece in hospital - to be confirmed
    Have late tea, and probably watch Eastenders (even though I don't do normally, but Pauline dies)
    Kick in-laws out before they turn into pumpkins, pour anther drink, put feet up and watch some more TV.

Presents to be opened throughout the day

And mostly repeat at my parents' house on 28th.
  • Get woken up by cats wanting fed
    Waken up Mr ST, Lovely Daughter and Adorable Son
    Open stockings
    Breakfast (champagne included)
    Church
    Plod
    Open more presents
    Round to our friends' house for lunch (walking distance!)
    Stuff our faces
    Drink more champagne
    Play silly games
    Maybe a walk
    More games
    Home and sleep

:-)
  • "even though I don't do normally, but Pauline dies"

Kwailty.........you vulture
  • 6.00 am get woken up by boy1 creeping downstairs and then coming back up to try and wake his brothers up as he is bored and wants them to open theirs

8.00 get up with boy3 - he does not get up early for anyone
    watch boys open presents - particularly boy3 who still believs so its good fun

9.00 breakfast till about 12
    12.30 start cooking
    2.00 sit down to sumptuous meal
    rest of day - slob
    7.00 doctor who

NO RELATIVES!!!
    YIPPEE

• I shall be Santa Claus and a domestic goddess all rolled into one for a while, and then I'll realise that my efforts will never be enough to give the assembled gathering the Perfect Family Christmas that they're looking for and flip into psycho-b1tch-from-hell mode.

Or maybe I'll just force-feed them with alcohol and then go out for a long run when they're all paralytic :o)
  • ok
    get up at 5 to stick turkey in(im cooking the damn thing before everything else this year)
    go for a plod
    Return, greet MIL and hubby, prepare rest of veggies etc
    (salmon mousse will have been done Xmas eve)

BIL and his wife arrive

go for a plod
    Return. sling things in the oven according to pre prepared timetable
    Bathe
    at 1pm-salmon mousse with melba toast-and a little gin
    Dinner at 3pm

(might try another run at 5-but i dont know if I will be allowed)
    spens afternnon watching telly , listening to music and generally slobbing
    there wont be any arguments

BIL and wife leave late pm

• sleep in
    get up & drink coffee, eat porridge, phone peeps who need to be phoned
    go for a run - length to be determined by the quantity I want to eat/drink later
    long hot bubblebath
    lunch - probably make souffle - and chocolate
    fizzy booze & snooze on sofa with the moggies
    assist in the making of dinner (the mr is doing all the inventive stuff, I'll just peel the spuds and sprouts)
    roast lamb, nice red booze, chocolate pud
    port if I'm not sozzled enough yet, large glass of water if I am.

• i spent boxing day on my own one year
    was really enjoying it
    eating what i wanted
    watching what i wanted etc

then i sat and watched jean de florette and manon de source
    and cried for three hours

which was ok actually
    bit of self endulgence does you good

• vrap - leave them all to it and come to us!
  • Well done Cath on sticking to your guns and doing your own thing! I'd love a day in my pyjamas, watching telly and eating all the chocs :)

We're off to my brother's and my M&D will be there too. I'm REALLY looking forward to the lunch because he's a great cook and has got all the meat and veg from local folks, so should be tasty. We'll go for one or two long walks with the big boxer dog and his tiny puppy brother and the others will drink lots and lots of the home made brews of varous fruits from brother's garden.

...while I look on with a glass of apple juice - this will be the first time in quite a few years that I haven't been for an icy cold run on Christmas Day :( The walks will make up for it though :)

We will also have another 'Christmas Day' later in the month with the family-in-law. Crrrazy.

• having a lie in
    get up and go for a 10 mile "Granny dodging" run on the seafront
    get back and get tucked into Buck's Fizz
    eat
    drink
    be merry

the saddest thing I will not be doing is making a phone call to wish my Mum Happy Birthday on Xmas Day - she died earlier this year on my birthday..........

;-((

• (((fat humbug))) - Christmas is tough for things like that - but think of the good memories and raise a glass to your mum.

I do that every year in memory of my dad.

• (((FB))) That's hard.

This will be the first year that my parent have been able to go away at Xmas, because up til now my Mum has been the primary carer for my Gran. Very sad that she's gone but it will be lovely for them to be able to relax this xmas for a change.
  • fb - sad indeed.

My mum and dad will be having their first ever Christmas Day with just the two of them, after 35 years of marriage, and they're really looking forward to it. They're up in the Highlands, my gran's gone into a home, and all the kids are in England. We'll be going up for a long break though, and have a second Christmas Day when we get there.
  • Staying at DIL...so....

Get up when we feel like it...
    Brekkie - probly involving chapagne..
    Slob around a bit - maybe have drink
    Go for a walk
    Possible pub at lunchtime
    Slob around a bit - again
    Prepare Christmas dinner
    Have a drink or two
    Eat dinner - with a drink or two
    Watch some movies - with a drink or two
    The maybe have a drink

or two
  • Going to in laws. Yuck. MIL lovely but crazu so she will control and dictate everything....am taking bike and running shoes, so will either escape for as many hours as i can on two wheels, or go for a plod if my leg holds up. ( I got a stress fracture in October, have rested for 8 weeks, went out tuesday and last night and it hurts again. I want to cry 8-( )

Bah humbug. I hate Christmas...and would give it a miss entirely if i could, but have a 3 and a 5 year old who are so excited means i have to do it.....

grump grump grump. And if i get given a chopping board again i will wrap it around MIL.........

bh
  • Tempting, Heebie!

Every year I say that the kids and I are going to hide away somewhere for Christmas. And every year I don't follow it through and end up whingeing about exactly the same things.
  • Get up at 5.30. Go and check on expectant mums in field, feed as appropriate.

If its clear climb up Bleaklow to watch sun come up.

Go back to house, wake Mrs with tea prsent each other with gift of light according to our tradition.

Have relaxed breakfast with Mrs and kids. Sort dinner out and put in slow oven.

Go for a long walk/run/bike ride with dogs.

Come back (usually using headtorches by this time)

Have dinner

Sit round fire listening to music/reading/ talking/drinking.

Skype call with eldest daughter in Australia.

Take lantern round every room in the house to take light to every corner.

Retire to bed (activities thereafter censored)
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    I shall start the day at Crisis Open Christmas, finish my shift at about 08.45, go home. Eat, drink, might do a run in Richmond Park, sleep. Get up, finish day back at Crisis.
  • Well done Womble. Hard work that I am sure is really appreciated at this time of year.

Peter
  • Up early, having been woken on the hour from midnight by over excited children, relenting finally about 6 ish

Frenzy of present opening !

Go for a run, then Mr J will go for a run.

Two turkeys for the parish Christmas lunch into the oven.

Go to Church

Deliver the turkeys for 1pm

Home, and put on our own dinner

Eat whenever we like, drink whenever we like, and be relaxed as far as possible

Fire will be on, so sit down and watch Strictly Christmas Special at 6.30 all toasty

..and who knows after that! ;0)

Merry Christmas all...may you be let celebrate in the best way possible for YOU !

(( FB ))
  • Spending Xmas with inlaws, so I will spend all of Christmas day looking forward to New Year's Eve.
  • Fell Running - I'm interested in the lantern walk around the house, not heard of this before. Do tell more!
  • I'd love to spend xmas and boxing day just doing nothing. I have to go to my parents for xmas lunch though and then to uncles for boxing day afternoon. I do it because the relatives like to see us, especially the older ones. I guess grandparents look forward to seeing younger people just this once a year or so for the day. I hate it, i mean it really does irritate me sitting around making small talk with people who you have nothing in common with. My family isn't a close one, and we see each other for weddings, funerals and xmas. Its always the same-hows the job, are you still doing ironmans bla bla bla. I just grin and bear it though because i guess its the time of year for giving. I'm very bah humbug about the whole thing as you can probably gather, but its just two days a year. Can't wait till january.
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike, come to Crisis Open Christmas - it's a different way of bringing some meaning to it all. It's not too late, go to www.crisis.org.uk
  • Womble this year is the first time I will have done open xmas - first day tommorrow then xmas eve off then doing xmas and boxing day
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Excellent, Maddy! I can guarantee that you'll have a fantastic time. I'm doing the week of night shifts.
  • Night shifts!!

I am doing the earlies in Brum because thats when they are usually short and hopefully one soup run
  • I will be doing the last of 4 day shifts ( all 12 hours) in ambulance control centre. Hoping for a really quiet day as otherwise its sad when people are taken ill on Xmas day. We usually only get the genuine ones and not so many passed out drunk people on park benches etc. Finishing at 7pm and then no work till the 5th Jan so really gonna relax. Pressie opening on Boxing day before his family arrive!