Options

Billericay Striders 10k

Did anyone out there do the Billericay Striders 10k last Sunday, 3rd November?

The Club are keen to establish this race as one not to miss and welcome any comments - good or bad - anyone who ran might have.

We were very pleased to get the results on the web by 6pm on the same day!

Comments

• Options
    Jan,

sorry I've reply to this on the Stebbing thread.
  • Options
    Both me and my son had a great time at billericays 10K. It was my sons first 10k and his 41.17 was very good.The event was well marshalled and the route testing.
  • Options
    I thought it was well organised and the results were comprehensive and timely. The only downside was the long 9th km. Most runners have a good handle on their split times down to the odd second, so when a km takes an extra minute it can be disheartening (even though I assume some of the earlier ones, e.g. 4 to 5 were a bit short). Despite this, I'll be back.

Thanks
  • Options

During the race I was thinking that was the worst 10k I have ever done - I was wet, cold and pretty miserable.  My feet were full of water from all the lakes we went through and I was entirely annoyed with my 44.18 time.  I'm old (46 !!) however this was still 8 minutes slower than my PB.  However I woke up the next morning thinking that there were some wonderful marshals out on the course - they must have been colder than me.  The course was fantastic and the organisation superb.  I even discovered the mars bar in my bag the next day.  Yum !!!!