Options

Parkrun start time

Hello,

I'm running my first parkrun tomorrow morning at it starts at 9, just wondering how early I should get there? I understand you need to have your barcode scanned but does this involve a time consuming queue and if I get there for 10 to 9 am I likely to miss the start?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I've never done this before!

Thanks image

Comments

• Options
    Ian MIan M ✭✭✭

10 mins should be fine.
    My local one only scans the code at the end. I'd imagine the rest do the same.

Good luck!

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Yes, your start time is the 'gun' time, when you go over the finish line they give you a barcode with your finishing position, then you hand that and your personal barcode over.

lster in the day they marry iPad finisher x in y time with your barcode and send out the results. Very quick and efficient. 

• Options

lisamarie - where are you running your Parkrun tomorrow?

• Options
    ust realised I accidentally double-posted this, I'm very sorry but I can't work out how to delete the duplicate!!

Thank you all, I'm running in Swindon tomorrow image
  • Options
    lisamarie wrote (see)

Hello,

I'm running my first parkrun tomorrow morning at it starts at 9, just wondering how early I should get there? I understand you need to have your barcode scanned but does this involve a time consuming queue and if I get there for 10 to 9 am I likely to miss the start?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I've never done this before!

Thanks image

Your barcode is scanned after you have run the event, you will get a little barcoded tag, take that and your own barcode to the scanner person, they scan both and that teams your time up with you and your position in the run.

Getting there at 10 to 9 will be absolutely fine.  Have a great run!

• Options

Getting there about '20 to' will afford you the chance to hear the run director's instructions and/or meet other runners. Alternatively, it'll give a chance to have a little warm-upimage