Options

Thursday 22nd October 2015

Morning,

Nothig for me today, my sister came into A and E last night, so I stayed with her and got her home. So ended up close to a 16 hour shift all up. I accidently slept in this morning so its just back to work for me image

Lyrics yesterday katy Perry Roar... I hate the song but it was on when I was writing

Todays 'There was a friend of mine on murder'

Will pop in later

Comments

• Options

LMH- This is the training plan

http://www.220triathlon.com/training/training-plans/ironman-703-staffs-training-plan/9780.html

The bike i want is $4.500, this would be the last upgrade I have for like 10 years!! I want to de well in the 70.3, well enough to at least be competitive in my age group. Should I invest in coaching?

Better yet, how much would you charge to coach meimage xx

• Options

Morning.

Glad you got off the ground Blisters - and back on it safely!

Safe journey home Donaldo.

That looks quite intense Dibs - which week are you on. I can't coach but am happy to mentor if you think it would help. This was my coach: http://www.coachcox.co.uk/ and I would highly recommend him - don't know what he charges now but he was always very reasonable. Is your race a sea swim? Flat/hilly bike and run? Hope your sister is ok? Any plans to come back and visit your dad?

What:            easy miles
    Why:             it's coffee and cake day
    Last hard:      sleeping (Mark has a cough)
    Last rest:      16/10

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Morning

Blisters: Love the photo of your planeimage

Don: have safe journey home

Kentish: Some nice races you have planned good luck with the winter training

LMH: Enjoy coffee and cakeimage

What: Easy run

Why: Half marathon in 10 days

Last hard:Not having homemade lemon curd on toast maybe after runimage

Lyrics: No

Aiming for 10 miles will be my longest run in ages and ages around 5-6 weeks

Have a great day out there and stay safe and dry!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Seriously no one knows the lyrics?!? Cracking song!

LMH- I'd love a mentor!! I see how intense it is post adding the swimming in when the pool opens. Will also check out that coach when I get home.

Bussleton 70.3 is my next one. Flat course, open water.

I still struggle with the run the most, I think a large majority is a mental thing now.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

dibs hope your sis is ok

lyrics no I don't...

coffee and cake sounds nice

what: serious case of cba today so if I do anything it will be a miracle

why: I don't really know

last hard: tuesday

last rest: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Morning. image

I assume Blister's sparkly dress has been left out of shot. image
    Best of luck to Kentish with the future races planned. image

Dibs: Hope your sister is alright,best of luck with the half-Ironman training; 'fraid I'm clueless on the lyrics today, but I'm clueless most days. image
    LMH: Coffee and cake, yum yum.  At the moment I'm tapering with regards to coffee and cake, so just a couple cups of 'easy' coffee a day, then on Sunday, the coffee/cake eating marathon commences. image
    WP: Enjoy the easy 10 miles, think you'll have earned your lemon curd by the end of it. image
    Wabo: I'm sure you can treat yourself to a day off once in a while, enjoy whatever you do anyway. image

What: Easy 20 mins.
    Why: Some reason or another.
    Last Hard: 27/9.
    Last Rest: Friday.
    Lyrics: Usual, nope.

Have a good 'un. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    Hope your sis is ok, Dibs

Coffee and cake here too - it's Mr Chick's birthday.

Blisters: I had to ask Mr Chick for a translationimage so you made a looping, right? Very exciting. I was lucky enough to join an aerobatics guy in a bright yellow Tiger Moth in NZ for a few manoeuvres. This was on South Island. They could hear my screams on North island. The next day they had an earthquakeimage

What: something with Mr Chick later

Why: it's his birthday

Last hard: n/a

Last rest: 14/10

Lyrics: yes!! Of course I know them image
  • Options

Dibs: No to lyrics sorry and hope sister is okay

Wabo: we all get days like that enjoy the day offimage

Oliver:Is it this Sunday the 10 miler?or some other marathon with cakeimage

Chick: Happy Birthday to Mr ChickimageWow that sounds some screaming that was heard... we were in NZ maybe what started the earthquake we feltimage

Sadly run was not good HR up on run and felt so much hard work and run nose/congestion etc and asthma was not playing ball so ran 6 milesimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    Happy birthday Mr Chick
    Blisters - awesome, Like OL I await the sparkly dress photo keenly...
    Dibs - hope your sis is OK, and how much for a bike...!!!???
    what - easy stuff with the Under 11s
    why -Thursday. Managed 7 steady last night after Tuesdays reps so legs a little leaden.
    last rest - 2-3 weeks
    last hard - Tuesday

I don't plan on doing all those UK trails mentioned yesterday next year, just all of them at some stage..
    lyric - not a scooby

• Options

What: hopefully short run with group

Why: Thursday, blowing a hoolie (70mph gusts forecast), flying south for Snowdonia the morn

Last rest: yesterday

Last hard: my neice's husband's death this morning, 4 days before his first wedding anniversary. Although expected, he was only in his 30s image

Lyrics No

• Options

possible hail forecast for Saturday imageimage

• Options

Morning all.

Alehouse – my running tends to be limited by time (early morning before work/school runs) so perhaps it would make sense to look at it that way. Plan is 5 runs a week gradually increasing the mileage, looking to do 30 this week and build up to close to 40 a week by Christmas.

Donaldo – I plan to stick aroundimage

Welshpoppy, OL – Folkestone 10m is dead flat out and back along the seafront, v fast provided the wind is low, Ashford HM –flat/undulating, Folkestone HM – v flat (similar course to 10m) except for killer hill at 1.5miles (down) and 12.5 miles (up).

AnOH – terrible newsimage

Cake – take it or leave it me, rather have a big bag of salty snacks and a couple of beers

Weight – been around 150lbs +/- 5 for the last 20 years. 

What: Long-ish 8-9miles tonight while Master K at football training

Why: Building

Last hard: Couple of weeks ago

Last rest: Sunday

Lyrics: No

• Options

Sorry to hear your news OH.

In May Dibs? If so - cut it right back, lots of Z2 running and riding with maybe one shorter effort session in each discipline or you're going to burn out. Nowhere you can swim at all?

Wabo - it's supposed to be fun, if it's not feeling that way maybe you need the day off.

Happy Birthday to Mr chicksta.

Any races planned Blisters?

Can you not make time to run in the day if you wfh Kentish? That's what I do - work early and later and take some me time in the middle.

Sorry you didn't have a good run Poppy.

Are you looking forward to your weekend away Oliver?

A little breezy here but not too bad at all. Had a good ten mile run, legs had a little more zip in them so fatigue would seem to be gradually going. I want to be running more miles but that will have to wait until after the half - Newark marathon is on the 28th though so only time for a couple of long runs in between.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Little Miss - occasionally do run in the middle of the day but I find it too disruptive. Don't mind early am in the week, weekend runs aren't quite so early and sometimes go in the evening - like tonight.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

oh no Aoh, that is not good for Saturday!! Please let it be wrong..

I'm going to the New Forest for the weekend - packing runners and walkers image

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Afternoon all,

OH: Ghastly news.

Happy Birthday Mr Chick

• What: long shuffle
    • Why: Old and fat
    • Last Hard; "I sure picked the wrong week to give up glue sniffing!"
    • Last Rest: Monday

Have a good one! 

• Options

Afternoon!

Not good news, OH.

Wabo:  get your kit on and get out that door!

What: a gentle 5.25k, largely off-road.

Why: only worked this morning so had time post haircut. Trying to get a few doubles in when possible. It is a way to get more distance in and more importantly it seems to help control the weight.

Will be out for a similar distance this evening. 

Lyrics: no, again.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

OH Terrible news wishing you all strength and comfort at this time

Dibs hope your sister is OK

I had to Google the lyrics and no surprise Chicksta knows them image I got into these late in life not heard this song so will have to check it out.

What: 3.28 miles

Why: going longer

Last Hard : Today a bit

Lyrics I do now image

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

OH - awful news, really sorry to hear
    Thinking of you and your family at this shocking time.

• Options
    (((OH))) that's terrible news, expected or not image
  • Options

Oh: That is terrible news and so young life can be so unfairimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

OH, really sorry - hope the family get through it together.

Thats me home and dry, was a quick flight due to a strong westerly wind, less than 6 hours.  Going to club training later, might join in, might just go for the chat!

lyrics, nope!

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

OH, sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers with you all.

A close friend and V60 marathon Master in his 50s, was hit by a car last night on a club run, has head injuries and a fractured knee, thankfully driver stopped, was with 4 other club runners who were able to help out at the scene. Was due to run the masters marathon next week at Town Moor.

A few aches here as have be ground testing again, good to soft on the canal path... 9.25m followed by Costa and Cake with a friend.

Happy birthday Mr Chick.

Take care

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

RFJ SD sorry to hear about your friend I hope he'll be OK and recovers well and quickly 

And please stop this ground testing seriously hope you are OK too And not too badly damaged 

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Club session tonight,  warm up and then 10 easy reps, quite enjoyable.

• Options

Evening!

That is not good news about your club mate, RFJ. My sort of age. Hope he fully recovers. And can you please stop falling over! 

What: 5.3k in a dark park (and constantly felt like I was falling over!)

Why: trying to decide whether running in a dark park with head torches is safer than running on the roads or the disused railway track. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

10.06 miles done (I'm sure the 0.06 matters...) slightly further than planned but felt ok so plodded on, legs a little achy towards end but I suppose that's to be expected. Furthest I've ran for 8 years.

Alehouse - whats the head torch etiquette when running on the road - do you run with the traffic rather than towards and should I wear a red bike light on my backside?