Options

Fitbits

hi does anyone have a honest review on the fitbit, thinking of getting one but not sure..

Comments

• Options

Look at dcrainmaker.com

• Options
    Irrelevant to me as a runner. I'm only interested in my miles run rather than steps or whatever.

The basic one is 70 or something. The one with heart rate is ??100. You're getting on for proper GPS running watch money.
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭

If you want to monitor your running buy something else as it will be completely useless (get a GPS watch). If you want to monitor your overall activity levels then get the cheapest one you can. I paid £10 for a Mi Band which monitors activity about as accurately as any of the others and shows the results on a phone app.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    The garmin 25 makes much more sense.
  • Options

Forgot to mention I have a Fitbit - a "One" - that I was bought as a christmas present. 

I was dubious about them, but have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. They and the app that displays the data are very well designed and they do make you think about how much you move around during the day. Having online challenges with people you know (my brother and his kids in the states for example) is good fun. 

From a running perspective I think it would be pretty useless, unless you maybe went for the top of the range GPS model, but you can get a better "real" running watch for the money.

• Options
    eltonionieltonioni ✭✭✭

U/S for running but until I lost my basic Flex (while running) it did a good job at making sure that I moved my lardy backside because I wasn't happy until the 5 teeny lights were lit before bedtime. I quite miss it and will probably get a replacement since I've noticed that little bit of extra motivation hasn't been replaced by anything but a few extra pounds.

• Options
    OjomanOjoman ✭✭✭

I use a Garmin 620 for running and a 510 for cycling. However, I also have a Fitbit blaze for my general wear. I actually find it interesting to check my activities and food intake but don't bother with it for sport, although I am sure it will function somewhat.

I have also lost 4kg over three weeks as it has made me watch my food, but maybe getting back to training after a long injury has more than helped...